HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   No Seadogs invited (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=710024)

DTUCKER16 12-02-2009 06:58 PM

No Seadogs invited

Unbelievable.........how can the #2 team in Canada not have at least one invitee to the camp...... unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

BobbyRyan9 12-02-2009 07:25 PM

The QMJHL is usually never well represented at the WJC, the league is sort of shadowed by the OHL and WHL. A total of 3 players from the QMJHL made the team last year, but I'm not sure how many were invited to camp. The players that were invited from the QMJHL this year are definitely worthy like Luke Adam and Philipe Cornet to name a few. I guess in the end, Hockey Canada felt that these players were better suited than any of the Sea Dogs' players at the international level. I was thinking maybe Kirkpatrick, Hoffman, or Després could of earned an invite, but I'm not really surprised they didn't either.

Too bad former Sea Dogs Chris DiDomenico broke his leg and won't be 100% by the WJC. He played well last year in Ottawa with Team Canada.

SPORTSMANIAC 12-02-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 (Post 22435579)
The QMJHL is usually never well represented at the WJC, the league is sort of shadowed by the OHL and WHL. A total of 3 players from the QMJHL made the team last year, but I'm not sure how many were invited to camp. The players that were invited from the QMJHL this year are definitely worthy like Luke Adam and Philipe Cornet to name a few. I guess in the end, Hockey Canada felt that these players were better suited than any of the Sea Dogs' players at the international level. I was thinking maybe Kirkpatrick, Hoffman, or Després could of earned an invite, but I'm not really surprised they didn't either.

Too bad former Sea Dogs Chris DiDomenico broke his leg and won't be 100% by the WJC. He played well last year in Ottawa with Team Canada.

He's a 20 year old this season, not eligible

SergeConstantin74 12-02-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 (Post 22435579)

Hoffman and Petersen are 20, so they weren't eligible. But I have to agree that Després (or Roussel from Shawi) was stolen by Deslauriers. Anyway, Deslaurieurs won't make the team. Scandella and Gormley are good picks though. And Kirkpatrick? really? I could name at least 10 other Q players that I would invite before him...

cantwell7 12-03-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTUCKER16 (Post 22435135)
Unbelievable.........how can the #2 team in Canada not have at least one invitee to the camp...... unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

Just because your the best team in the league doesnt mean you have the very best players through out the league. The only player on your team that i would have considered for a invite would be Depreas. There are better players in the league, there just on average teams.

torontosports10 12-03-2009 11:18 AM

Despres is 18 as well so next year he will hopefully have a spot. The guy dominates any game I go and see.

Wildcatfan79 01-01-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torontosports10 (Post 22444973)
Despres is 18 as well so next year he will hopefully have a spot. The guy dominates any game I go and see.

I watched his game VS. Montreal in the pre-season, and he was playing like a veteran NHL player, he was blocking shots, was poised out there and was probably Pittsburg's best defence in that game!!!!, he is going to be a great NHL player in a couple of years!!!!

wjhl2009fan 01-01-2010 09:57 AM

DTUCKER16
A top team be it top 5 or 10 does not alwas have the best players.