HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   World Championships question.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71010)

Rabid Ranger 04-15-2004 12:26 PM

World Championships question....

Since Laviolette is the coach, I would have thought the U.S. team would have featured a few Canes. Does anyone know what the deal with Hill, Hedican, Cole, and Adams are? Were they asked to play and declined or what? Thanks.

bleedgreen 04-16-2004 12:41 PM

i think that hedican and cole have injuries that require surgery. i think hedican has 2 surgeries, otherwise he said he would have played. i dont know about hill. sorry no one responded to your question earlier, i think we are all taking some time off from all this. it was a frustrating season.

DaveG 04-16-2004 01:10 PM

I believe that Adams is in the same situation with surgerys. Not sure about Cole, though it wouldn't suprise me if he took a late season injury as well. Couldn't tell you what the story is on Hill.

Rabid Ranger 04-16-2004 02:21 PM

Thanks guys. I didn't know about the injuries.

jeffbear 04-16-2004 03:08 PM

Based on public statements ...

1. Hill just doesn't want to go. He's at an age and state of career where he'd only consider this kind of duty if he was really healthy ... and no defenseman logging the icetime that Hill logs could be that once an NHL season is over.

2. Adams had to have minor surgery on both his knee and a shoulder ... he said he would have considered the Worlds if it was one or the other, but not both.

3. Cole has no specific physical problem, but has considerable wear and tear and just ddidn't feel like he'd be of any help.

HughJass* 04-16-2004 09:19 PM

Anyone know if DeFauw will be on the squad again? Bummer, I was hoping Adams would go.

jeffbear 04-19-2004 08:28 AM

I seriously doubt it. DeFauw had another blah year in the minors and was pretty much invisible last summer in the Worlds.

Robertsson 4-ever 04-19-2004 09:12 AM

Carolina prospects Niklas Nordgren and Magnus Kahnberg is still on Sweden's roster for the upcoming WC, but none of them are sure they will be on the final roster.

Kahnberg was among the best players in Sweden during the regular season winning the league in scoring. He also impressed in SHG (Sweden Hockey Games, international tournament held in Swe in February with Finland, Russia and Czech Republic) on a line with former NHLers Niklas Andersson and Johan Davisson. This line has though been invisible in the pre-games for WC, especially Kahnberg hasn't done anything.

Nordgren brings a lot of energy to the game, but his status on the team is also uncertain. Their participation is much depended on which NHLers that will be avaliable for Sweden. I personally want them both on the team, as they bring good things to the game. This current team lacks of offensive players, a game both this players bring.

bleedgreen 04-19-2004 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robertsson 4-ever
Carolina prospects Niklas Nordgren and Magnus Kahnberg is still on Sweden's roster for the upcoming WC, but none of them are sure they will be on the final roster.

Kahnberg was among the best players in Sweden during the regular season winning the league in scoring. He also impressed in SHG (Sweden Hockey Games, international tournament held in Swe in February with Finland, Russia and Czech Republic) on a line with former NHLers Niklas Andersson and Johan Davisson. This line has though been invisible in the pre-games for WC, especially Kahnberg hasn't done anything.

Nordgren brings a lot of energy to the game, but his status on the team is also uncertain. Their participation is much depended on which NHLers that will be avaliable for Sweden. I personally want them both on the team, as they bring good things to the game. This current team lacks of offensive players, a game both this players bring.

Thanks for the update! I think all of us here would like to see both these guys in the next training camp, we need more quality forwards. It would great even if they came and played on the 3rd-4th lines - we could use better depth. Thanks again!

Robertsson 4-ever 04-22-2004 04:27 PM

Both Nordgren and Kahnberg will be with the team in Czech Republic, but there are 17 forwards on the team (If injuries occur...) A least ten of them will be on the roster for the opening game vs Denmark on Saturday, as we probably go with three lines and a extra forward. The other three forward spots will be hold open for Michael Nylander, Per-Johan Axelsson and Daniel Alfredsson.

To be honest, I don't think either Kahnberg or Nordgren will be among those 10 players, but you never know. Especially Kahnberg has been pale in the pre-games, but as Ulf Dahlen, ass coach, said: We know what these players, that don't have had their best games right now, can.

My ten forwards: Jönsson, Höglund, A Johansson, Påhlsson, Hedström, Salomonsson, Franzen, Davidsson, Sjöström, Tjärnqvist