HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Line Combos: New York Rangers All Decade Team - Second Line Left Wing (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=710309)

ogie 12-03-2009 08:53 AM

New York Rangers All Decade Team - Second Line Left Wing

We are quickly approaching the end of the first decade of the 21st Century. It is time for us the fans to pick who we would want as our All-Decade Team. In the next few weeks 22 polls will be posted to fill the team. 13 Forwards, 7 defense man and 2 goalies will be chosen.

The 8th poll will be for the Second Line Left Wing.

Starting Goaltender: Henrik Lundqvist
Backup Goalie: Mike Richter

First Line Center: Michael Nylander
First Line RW: Jaromir Jagr
First Line LW: Martin Straka

Second Line Center: Eric Lindros
Second Line RW: Marian Gaborik

Second Line LW: OPEN

Third Line Center: OPEN
Third Line RW: OPEN
Third Line LW: OPEN

Fourth Line Center: OPEN
Fourth Line RW: OPEN
Fourth Line LW: OPEN

First Pair Defenseman: OPEN
First Pair Defenseman: OPEN

Second Pair Defenseman: OPEN
Second Pair Defenseman: OPEN

Third Pair Defenseman: OPEN
Third Pair Defenseman: OPEN

13th Forward: OPEN

7th Defenseman: OPEN

Head Coach: OPEN

Thordic 12-03-2009 09:08 AM

If anyone on here has actually watched the Rangers over the past 10 years, Rucinsky should win this in a landslide.

But then again, this is hfboards.

Fitzy 12-03-2009 09:28 AM

Good fight between Rucinsky and Hlavac, ive got

Straka, Rucinsky, Hlavac, Naslund/Graves/Shanny

Thordic 12-03-2009 09:31 AM

I figured Shanahan would get an inordinate amount of support. He wasn't bad for us, but he wasn't that good either. I don't get it. Rucinsky scored at almost a PPG here. Shanahan isn't even close.

nyr2k2 12-03-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thordic (Post 22443688)
I figured Shanahan would get an inordinate amount of support. He wasn't bad for us, but he wasn't that good either. I don't get it. Rucinsky scored at almost a PPG here. Shanahan isn't even close.

Is this post a joke?

Martin Rucinsky: 136 games, 110 points, .81 points per game
Brendan Shanahan: 140 games, 108 points, .77 points per game

That's not close? Shanahan also killed penalties and wore an A. If you prefer Rucinsky that's fine, but claiming it's not close or that Shanahan is unworthy is baseless.

Fletch 12-03-2009 09:58 AM

Rucinsky in a landslide? I need to be honest - I had season tkts for the Ruca era. The era was bad. And he was pretty horrible, but, I need to say I'm not sure I blame him much. First, he was not complemtary to Nedved - the two clashed on the ice but were forced to play togethher. The second part, however, is that he was oft-injured. I think it was a wrist. As a Ranger, Val was not good at all. I can go through the excuses, but at the end of the day, he was not good and I can afford Jagr and Gaborik simillar excuses, and I can't say the same thing for them, comparatively speaking.

Mint Berry Crunch 12-03-2009 02:39 PM

Hollweg, ftw...

pld459666 12-03-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch (Post 22443954)
Rucinsky in a landslide? I need to be honest - I had season tkts for the Ruca era. The era was bad. And he was pretty horrible, but, I need to say I'm not sure I blame him much. First, he was not complemtary to Nedved - the two clashed on the ice but were forced to play togethher. The second part, however, is that he was oft-injured. I think it was a wrist. As a Ranger, Val was not good at all. I can go through the excuses, but at the end of the day, he was not good and I can afford Jagr and Gaborik simillar excuses, and I can't say the same thing for them, comparatively speaking.

are you getting Kamensky mixed up with Rucinsky?

Valeri Kamensky was bad.

Martin Rucinsky actually played some of the best hockey of his career while a NYR.

pld459666 12-03-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pld459666 (Post 22449382)
are you getting Kamensky mixed up with Rucinsky?

Valeri Kamensky was bad.

Martin Rucinsky actually played some of the best hockey of his career while a NYR.

And speaking of Kamensky, why was he not on the list?

Fitzy 12-03-2009 03:24 PM

We have votes for Sean Avery. Thats... yeah.