HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Injury Report: Booth, Stillman injuries (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=710445)

Mogo 12-03-2009 02:25 PM

Booth, Stillman injuries
 
ETA:

Stillman back new years eve

Booth "DeBoer said Booth should return in mid-January."

JonathanHuberdoh 12-03-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogo (Post 22448017)
Booth hasn't worked out or skated in 5 weeks and looks like he's at least a month away before he can start doing those things and that month even sounds wishful. I really fear this injury could be more serious than we think. A career altering injury. I really hope not. My bet is he wont be back this season :(

Stillman could be back by xmas time at best.

The more and more I think about it the more I agree.

This injury is really serious. We all know Booth is a big time competitor and if he was ready to go, he definitely would. It must be killing him right now not being able to play. This reminds me a lot of Deadmarsh's situation back in the day, and we all know how that ended up.

One thing I do know, is that I hate Mike Richards more then any player in the NHL. He has surpassed even the mighty Erik Cole in this category. I really hope someone puts his face in the ice next time we play the Flyers, there is no way in hell he should get away with that. Send Big Mac out there to cave his face in :handclap:

angry_treefrog 12-03-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogo (Post 22448017)
Booth hasn't worked out or skated in 5 weeks and looks like he's at least a month away before he can start doing those things and that month even sounds wishful. I really fear this injury could be more serious than we think. A career altering injury. I really hope not. My bet is he wont be back this season :(

Stillman could be back by xmas time at best.

I predicted at the time of his injury that he'd be back in Jan 2010. I still think that will be the case. Keep in mind that he will be completely out of shape so I doubt he will be up to his usual level of effectiveness until next season. I think he'll be fine long term UNLESS the concussions become a recurrent problem.

I don't think it's MORE serious than anyone thought. He had a concussion. A bruised brain is pretty serious business.

Panthers607 12-03-2009 03:25 PM

What are the odds for this being a career ending injury? I would cry so much... :cry:

angry_treefrog 12-03-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarFLA (Post 22449451)
What are the odds for this being a career ending injury? I would cry so much... :cry:

If he comes back and has another concussion, I would start to be very concerned.

CHGoalie27 12-03-2009 03:40 PM

Two of the most beautiful words I have ever heard could now mean the worst...

Mike Richter.

CHGoalie27 12-03-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarFLA (Post 22449451)
What are the odds for this being a career ending injury? I would cry so much... :cry:

I seriously, no bs, feel my eyes start to well up when I think about it...and almost as bad:why it happened, and nothing was done about it.

:madfire:

Dread Clawz 12-03-2009 03:50 PM

Let's not jump the gun, like ATF said, if Booth has another concussion after this one, then start to get worried. It was apparent after seeing Booth knocked out that it was going to take a few months at least for him to get back. All the people who were optimistic about a quick return were way off. I say another 1-2 months at least until he returns, which is what I've said all along. Concussions are tricky, sometimes they take a few months, even longer to recover from. Doesn't mean his career is over.

CHGoalie27 12-03-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 22449940)
Let's not jump the gun, like ATF said, if Booth has another concussion after this one, then start to get worried. It was apparent after seeing Booth knocked out that it was going to take a few months at least for him to get back. All the people who were optimistic about a quick return were way off. I say another 1-2 months at least until he returns, which is what I've said all along. Concussions are tricky, sometimes they take a few months, even longer to recover from. Doesn't mean his career is over.

True, but that doesn't give any comfort whatsoever :(

All we can do is hope
...as I also seriously hope the Panthers are looking to beat the everloving crap out of Philly more than looking to play a hockey game, or they totally lose my respect for them as a TEAM.
Wouldn't surprise me though, two failed playoff guarantees, "...so we're gonna have to do something about it..." Frolik...we'll see...

sinDer 12-03-2009 04:36 PM

I don't think that Booth will be back this season, things are not looking good.

KW 12-03-2009 07:35 PM

The owners did say in yesterday's STH meeting that while making no promises that there may be some good news form the Booth camp in the near future.

bishop12 12-04-2009 01:28 AM

Concussions are a funny thing...he could go a week without symptoms and be fine and return a hell of a lot sooner or he could be done for the year. I said before xmas...now I;m guessing before Jan 31.

Pantherfan12 12-04-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinDer (Post 22450762)
I don't think that Booth will be back this season, things are not looking good.

I think we're all over-reacting a bit on the Booth situation. #1, He isn't even close to being out of shape, even if he hasn't skated or played hockey in a month. These guys are in the greatest shape of their lives, and I sure Booth is doing whatever he can to keep himself in game shape, without setting himself back or over-duing it. #2, Although they said he had a setback a few weeks ago, I am sure it's because he tried to rush things and it concussions don't work that way. You have to give it some time. I say end of Dec/begining of Jan til Booth is back.

sinDer 12-04-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 22469122)
I sure Booth is doing whatever he can to keep himself in game shape,

Well...He can't do anything, that's the problem

But his game shape is not the main issue. Post-concussion symptoms is. Once he'll be symptoms free, I guess that 2 weeks are going to be enough to regain his game shape. Will he be able to play few games in Rochester?

bishop12 12-04-2009 03:59 PM

I'm sure Boot isn't eating McDonalds everyday.

Pantherfan12 12-04-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinDer (Post 22470821)
Well...He can't do anything, that's the problem

But his game shape is not the main issue. Post-concussion symptoms is. Once he'll be symptoms free, I guess that 2 weeks are going to be enough to regain his game shape. Will he be able to play few games in Rochester?

The reason I said game shape was because someone on here said he is out of shape from not playing and I was merely saying that although he's been out of the lineup in 3 or 4 weeks now,doesn't mean he's out of shape.

I do agree though that the post-concussion is the main concern and I do hope he recovers fully.

angry_treefrog 12-04-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 (Post 22472892)
The reason I said game shape was because someone on here said he is out of shape from not playing and I was merely saying that although he's been out of the lineup in 3 or 4 weeks now,doesn't mean he's out of shape.

I do agree though that the post-concussion is the main concern and I do hope he recovers fully.

Out of the lineup with zero physical activity for weeks.

He'll be out of shape. He'd be the first to admit it.

Mind you, he'll still be in better shape than you or I, but that's not enough to play in the NHL at Booth's level.

CamTheMan 12-09-2009 02:13 PM

Another victim of the Flyer's. Look at Patrice Bergeron. He had what many thought to be a career altering concussion. If he can come back to the form he is now from that, you have to think that Booth can do the same. If it is as serious as it seems, this year could be difficult for him to be the impact player he once was. But with the proper rest and exercise and not rushing back, one has to think and pray he will return to his former form.. Good luck Boot

KW 12-09-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaBoomin8 (Post 22559536)
Another victim of the Flyer's. Look at Patrice Bergeron. He had what many thought to be a career altering concussion. If he can come back to the form he is now from that, you have to think that Booth can do the same. If it is as serious as it seems, this year could be difficult for him to be the impact player he once was. But with the proper rest and exercise and not rushing back, one has to think and pray he will return to his former form.. Good luck Boot

Good comparison. Took Bergeron whole rest of the season to heal up and another season to start playing decently, only two years later is he 99% back.

angry_treefrog 12-09-2009 08:40 PM

It's ok though, because Richards sent him a text message. :help:

Richards is also one of PDB's boys so I doubt there will be any repercussions next time they play. PDB will probably come to center ice and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

KW 12-09-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 22566875)
It's ok though, because Richards sent him a text message. :help:

Richards is also one of PDB's boys so I doubt there will be any repercussions next time they play. PDB will probably come to center ice and give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

On the butt cheek?

angry_treefrog 12-09-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWGoon (Post 22566923)
On the butt cheek?

Not in front of the boys ;)

ratmanfu 12-09-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 22567118)
Not in front of the boys ;)

At first, I read this as "No, in front of the boys."

It was a bit disturbing, to say the least.

bishop12 12-10-2009 11:24 AM

Boothy back after xmas?

Mogo 12-10-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mind_the_gap (Post 22576046)
Boothy back after xmas?

Are you asking or you read somewhere that he's coming back then?

If your asking.. My bet.. Out for the season or back once it's too late


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.