HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Dent in my shin....!? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=710970)

SeanL44 12-04-2009 09:24 PM

Dent in my shin....!?

So I was just sitting here reading about the joy that is John Stevens leaving and I notice that there's a dent in my shin. You cant really see it and there's no pain at all but if you rub your fingers up and down my leg you can feel a considerable indentation. After a couple google searches, it sounds like if you block enough pucks, the muscles can be displaced in that area. As a physical stay at home defenseman, I've blocked quite a few pucks so this seems like the most realistic reasoning (that you can get from googling at least...)

Anyway, does anyone else have anything like this? Should I be worried?

thedoc1019 12-04-2009 10:40 PM

wow that's weird, i have never heard of this, I'm gonna google it too

backhander 12-04-2009 11:00 PM

if ur still walkin' u should be fine...my shins got jacked from roller hockey with no shin guards when i was younger...now that i coach with no shin guards...i get the occasional shot at the shin...golf ball bruises...when i play i where shin guards or i'd really have a dent in my shin...

Hockeyfan68 12-05-2009 01:13 AM

I have had a dent in my shin for 20+ years from getting hit with a hard shot on an outdoor rink with no protection.

Never heard of the muscle displacement thing before ... mine was just from the impact of the puck.

Gino 14 12-05-2009 06:52 AM

If you're concerned, see a doctor. Unless you don't wear shin guards when playing, I doubt that it's muscle displacement.

Gert B Frobe 12-05-2009 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanL44 (Post 22479285)
So I was just sitting here reading about the joy that is John Stevens leaving and I notice that there's a dent in my shin. You cant really see it and there's no pain at all but if you rub your fingers up and down my leg you can feel a considerable indentation. After a couple google searches, it sounds like if you block enough pucks, the muscles can be displaced in that area. As a physical stay at home defenseman, I've blocked quite a few pucks so this seems like the most realistic reasoning (that you can get from googling at least...)

Anyway, does anyone else have anything like this? Should I be worried?

so you're like really slow?

SeanL44 12-05-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer (Post 22484151)

I dont like know like what this has to like do with my like post but like no, im like not really like slow at all.

vivianmb 12-05-2009 12:05 PM

i have like multiple dents in my like shins. like most are from pedal to like shin bicycle like accidents.

vivianmb 12-05-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

and why would that be? could you explain it to us because i must be really like slow too ...i don't get the connection.:help:

The Perfect Paradox 12-05-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

So then your saying I'm slow too? You don't have to an offensive defenemen to be fast. :help:

FromChaos22 12-05-2009 03:43 PM

I've had these before from blocking shots, and somehow also from playing soccer. Never worried about them so not sure how long they lasted, but my shins are pretty much back to normal.

MoonlightGraham 12-05-2009 06:10 PM

I still have a little bump in my shin since being by an opposite player's stick (it was floor hockey and I wasn't wearing shinpads) and that was almost a year ago. The guy took two slapshots in a row and the edge of the shaft of his stick hit me both times at the exact same place, and he never actually hit the ball, which was close to my feet. There is still a small brown spot there too. It doesn't hurt at all, I've never done anything about it.