HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   O'Byrne calls out Komisarek? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=710997)

BeBen* 12-04-2009 10:03 PM

O'Byrne calls out Komisarek?

When O'Byrne was asked to choose a new # he had to choose between 8, 20 and 28

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...ame/obyrne.MP3

He said : No way i would have took the 8 it was Mister Komisarek's number and im a different guy

Basically he meant that Komisarek was a money ***** who chose to the Bruins or Leafs before us instead of being loyal to the team who drafted him!

Way to go O'Byrne we love you more and more as you progress!

Kikizaz 12-04-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeBen (Post 22480363)

He said : No way i would have took the 8 it was Mister Komisarek's number and im a different guy

Basically he meant that Komisarek was a money ***** who chose to the Bruins or Leafs before us instead of being loyal to the team who drafted him!

am i the only one who sees mister as a term of respect

BeBen* 12-04-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kikizaz (Post 22480429)

Well maybe i dindt put it the right way but trust me, it wasnt!

Was really sarcastic

Habskrieg 12-04-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Depends how you say it.
OB 1 is awesome out there.

Saint Patrick 12-04-2009 10:06 PM

Atta boy OB

Pierre Dagenais 12-04-2009 10:07 PM

+****** obyrne

Natural Habs Fan 12-04-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Maybe it was said in a mocking tone. I wonder if Komi demanded that rookies called him "Mr."

VAN-HAB 12-04-2009 10:08 PM

Like OB a lot!!! always defended him knowing his potential.

Em Ancien 12-04-2009 10:09 PM

Man, that guy has been developping very well.

He's now making 1 big hit per game, while being solid in all aspects of the game.

A1 12-04-2009 10:09 PM

I thought he was going to take #8, it looks just like #3 and single digits look good on D-men.

Is there any reason he had to choose between 8, 20, 28?

Habsfan18 12-04-2009 10:10 PM

O'Byrne is developing pretty well.

And he's a hilarious guy too.

MarkovsKnee 12-04-2009 10:11 PM

I like OB a lot but I don't really see the sarcasm in his statement and I don't really understand your interpretation of it. I guess you had to hear it.

Kriss E 12-04-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

But but but..it's Gainey that was disloyal for not offering him an extension earlier!:shakehead

O'Byrne is stepping up. He's using his body better and better to lay some hits out.
Props to Gill too, he showed why he's an amazing Penalty Killer tonight.

BeBen* 12-04-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammerScores (Post 22480530)
I like OB a lot but I don't really see the sarcasm in his statement and I don't really understand your interpretation of it. I guess you had to hear it.

Yea it could be me, i mean my english aint perfect so if anyone could link an audio of what he said it would help me alot

Heard it on CKAC his tone of voice was really sarcastic

Kriss E 12-04-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammerScores (Post 22480530)

Calling your ex-teammate who's only a few years older as ''Mister'' and then saying ''I'm a different person'', isn't meant in a respectful way.
The jab is quite clear..

MarkovsKnee 12-04-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 22480569)
Calling your ex-teammate who's only a few years older as ''Mister'' and then saying ''I'm a different person'', isn't meant in a respectful way.
The jab is quite clear..

It could just mean he doesn't want to be compared with Komisarek on the ice if he takes his number. OB is a big, physical, defensive d-man. Komi is a big, physical, defensive d-man. OB doesn't want comparisons to Komi, which he would intentionally draw if he took his number.

The mister could be done humorously or sarcastically or even respectfully depending on the tone used by OB. Don't know didn't hear it.

Just wondering why the OP interpreted OB's statement as OB being upset about Komi leaving for more money in Toronto when what was written says nothing along those lines.

OneSharpMarble 12-04-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Thank you for telling everyone how something should be interpreted. How he meant it is your opinion, next time try not to confuse facts with your opinion.

BeBen* 12-04-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble (Post 22480822)
Thank you for telling everyone how something should be interpreted. How he meant it is your opinion, next time try not to confuse facts with your opinion.

Its not a question of opinion, thats what he meant...

Woland 12-04-2009 10:32 PM

obvious sarcasm from O'Byrne there.:handclap:

I like him this year. I kinda feel bad for having been so harsh on him last year. I still remember his sad puppy face when he scored in the empty net ...

NHLcrazy 12-04-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Sure when the guy you refer too is 70yrs old not 27!

pure sarcasm

But let's not hate Komi this much, he really gave it all when he played for us and he's a great individual.

Coldplay 12-04-2009 10:34 PM

**** Komisarek. Love the Leafs fans who are under the illusion he's an elite 1st pairing defenseman in this league. :laugh:

Kriss E 12-04-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammerScores (Post 22480734)
It could just mean he doesn't want to be compared with Komisarek on the ice if he takes his number. OB is a big, physical, defensive d-man. Komi is a big, physical, defensive d-man. OB doesn't want comparisons to Komi, which he would intentionally draw if he took his number.

The mister could be done humorously or sarcastically or even respectfully depending on the tone used by OB. Don't know didn't hear it.

Just wondering why the OP interpreted OB's statement as OB being upset about Komi leaving for more money in Toronto when what was written says nothing along those lines.

If I'm Komisarek and hear O'Byrne's comments, I don't take them lightly.
Maybe it's just me, but I find it obvious.

When's the last time you heard a 25yo player call an ex-teammate (of only a few months) who's 27, Mister?..
I'm not trying to find something when there's nothing, but that's an obvious diss in my eyes.

Woland 12-04-2009 10:36 PM

they are probably still friends off the ice , and Ryan was just poking fun at him ....

subbanged 12-04-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHLcrazy (Post 22480905)
Sure when the guy you refer too is 70yrs old not 27!

pure sarcasm

But let's not hate Komi this much, he really gave it all when he played for us and he's a great individual.

Man its amazing what a win can do, were all seeing things with pretty clear minds lol

Claimed Off Waivers 12-04-2009 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coldplay (Post 22480927)
**** Komisarek. Love the Leafs fans who are under the illusion he's an elite 1st pairing defenseman in this league. :laugh:

Most of us were under that same illusion last year when we voted him to the ASG.