HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   GDT: Game 29 | Colorado at Columbus | 7pm at the Nat | Quotation Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=711025)

Viqsi 12-01-2009 04:31 PM

Game 29 | Colorado at Columbus | 7pm at the Nat | Quotation Edition

GAME #29

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...nwideArena.jpg
Nationwide Arena plays host to...

The Columbus Blue Jackets :cbj versus :avs The Colorado Avalanche

http://cdn.nhl.com/bluejackets/images/logos/large.png
Current record:
13-10-5, 31 points (.5536)
#10 in the West, #16 overall
28 games played

Last game played:
Maple Leafs 6 @ Blue Jackets 3

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...pg&w=715&h=477
Quote:

It's getting too deep into the season now to dismiss the Blue Jackets' sloppy puck play and their propensity for lopsided losses as merely aberrations.

Another embarrassing loss on par with the 9-1 Detroit debacle last month took place tonight in Nationwide Arena, which was mostly empty and booing when the final buzzer sounded.

A 6-3 loss to the "rebuilding" Toronto Maple Leafs before 13,825 was the latest kick in the groin, and it wasn't as close as the score might seem.

"We have to get this fixed," defenseman Fedor Tyutin said, "before it's too late."
--Recap (Columbus Dispatch)
Lines for the evening:
Taken from the Columbus Dispatch.
Italics indicate IR or questionable for the evening. Injury information taken from TSN.
Update: Per Puck-Rakers, Picard is headed back to Syracuse and Murray is back off IR.

Huselius-Vermette-Nash
Umberger-Brassard-Voracek
Chimera-Pahlsson-Murray
Torres-MacKenzie-Boll
Blunden
Dorsett, Modin

Hejda-Commodore
Tyutin-Methot
Russell-Stralman
Roy
Klesla

Mason
Garon

http://cdn.nhl.com/avalanche/images/logos/large.png
Current record:
15-9-6, 36 points (.600)
#5 in the West, #8 overall
30 games played

Last game played:
Avalanche 1 @ Penguins 4

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/liv...VSJSP04~p1.JPG
Quote:

Colorado coach Joe Sacco was having none of this talk Thursday about the Avalanche hanging in with the defending Stanley Cup champions after playing the night before and arriving at its Pittsburgh hotel at 3 in the morning.

Colorado was down 2-1 to the Sidney Crosby-led Penguins going into the final minute at Mellon Arena. But two empty-net goals — including one from Crosby that left him with two goals and an assist for the night — gave Pittsburgh the closer-than-it-looks 4-1 victory.

"No," Sacco said, and then repeated himself for emphasis. "No. We were right in that game. We played two good periods, and then when you get one shot in the third period, it's going to be tough to manufacture a win."
--Recap (Denver Post)
Lines for the evening:
Taken from the Columbus Dispatch.
Italics indicate IR or questionable for the evening. Injury information taken from TSN.

Duchene-Stastny-Stewart
Wolski-Galiardi-Hejduk
McLeod-O'Reilly-Tucker
Koci-Durno-Svatos
Hendricks
Yip, Jones

Hannan-Quincey
Liles-Clark
Wilson-(see below)
Fahey
Salei, Cumiskey

Budaj
Weiman
Anderson

And, of course, we have a very special guest for this evening...

http://nwcs.com/~jvc/hfboards/footereturn/iscariot.jpg

Quote:

“I’d be lying to you, and I think you all are aware, we love Colorado. … We wish we’d never left, but we did, it’s unfortunate, but, it’s a business — and one day, you never know….”
--from All Things Avs, 28 June 2007

Quote:

"I don't think they should do that," he said. "This is the first year they've had a consistent team, a winning team that's not getting blown out of games. Maybe they're frustrated from years past? I don't know, but I don't think they should do that."

[...]

"When teams have unfortunate luck … some nights we're not going to be there, and we need those fans to lift us up," he said. "We're 13-10-5, and a couple of those five were shootouts, which can go either way.

"I can understand the frustration, but this team is fighting hard and we need that backing. I know they pay a big buck, so they can do what they want, but it doesn't really help when they boo."
--from the Columbus Dispatch, 7 December 2007

Quote:

"I want to be here," he said. "That's been made clear to Scotty by both me and my agent (Rick Curran). To my understanding, Scott Howson wants me to be here, too. So there we go."
--from the Columbus Dispatch, 21 February 2008

Quote:

TSN is reporting that Adam Foote has been traded to the Colorado Avalanche for a draft pick. We'll be right back.
--from Puck-Rakers, 26 February 2008, 12:51pm

Quote:

...[he] was slated to land in Calgary around 5:30 tonight, and the Avs are hoping he will make it to the arena on time to suit up against the Calgary Flames in an important divisional game.

"For me and everyone that's played with Adam, we're excited that he's coming back," Avs captain Joe Sakic said. "We know he missed it in Denver, and it's going to be great to have him come back. He's a presence in the dressing room and on the ice."
--from the Denver Post, 26 February 2008, 1:19pm

Quote:

According to numerous NHL sources, Foote threatened to be "a bad teammate, a bad captain and a bad player" the rest of the season if he weren't re-signed or traded to his preferred destination -- the Colorado Avalanche, where his best NHL years were spent.

The Blue Jackets made a final plea, urging Foote to consider all that the Blue Jackets' ownership group, the coaching staff and the fans had done for him the past three seasons.

Again, according to sources, he responded by saying that he "doesn't owe anybody anything."

[...]

Foote has denied saying he would become a distraction.

"I would never say stuff like that. I'm a professional," he said. "I've never been that way throughout my career. All I told them is it would be too stressful for my wife and I to stay without knowing for sure I was part of the future there."
--from the Columbus Dispatch, 2 March 2008

Quote:

“I wished him the best of luck. It’s tough to see our captain go. He is really the true leader of this team, but it’s an exciting time for some other guys to step up now.
--Rick Nash, from Puck-Rakers, 26 February 2008, 2:10pm - roughly one hour after trade was confirmed

GO JACKETS!

LeoWelsh 12-04-2009 02:46 PM

Adam Foote returns to Nationwide Arena

Do you think he will play? :nod:
Do you think the crowd cares? :yo:
Will the CBJ make it a night to remember for the foote? God, I hope so.

CBJNut 12-04-2009 02:49 PM

Per Portzline's Twitter:
Quote:

Former #CBJ captain Adam Foote, on what he expects from fans in his return Saturday to Nationwide: "I'll be ready for whatever."

and Lori Schmidt's:
Quote:

Columbus's Jared Boll on Adam Foote: "I don't think he's going to get the welcoming that he'd like. But we can't worry about playing him."

Zoo16 12-04-2009 02:55 PM

There will definitely be boos, but not nearly as much as if he'd made his return earlier than now. Lots of time has passed and most fans have shrugged it off by now. Not the hardcore fans, but most others.

I wish I could be there. Stupid early Christmas party.

Renion 12-04-2009 02:55 PM

Probably the best thing for the Jackets would be for Foote to be a monster all night long, lead his team in every possible way, and shame the Jackets into learning how to motivate each other on the ice :sarcasm:

blahblah 12-04-2009 02:55 PM

Adam who? This is like the six years of Barry Bonds on ESPN. It was boring after two weeks.

We have bigger things to worry about, like not giving up 6 or 7 goals.

MattTheMask 12-04-2009 03:10 PM

I will boo the hell out of him. As well as pass out hilarious posters and signs about him.

He is a coward and a fraud and a quitter and a piece of **** and I will see him in Hell one day. I wish nothing but bad things for him and I hate him with every ounce of me.

Doug19 12-04-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 22469417)
Adam who? This is like the six years of Barry Bonds on ESPN. It was boring after two weeks.

We have bigger things to worry about, like not giving up 6 or 7 goals.

Actually that is for the team to worry about not the fans.

You may not give a crap about Adam Foote but I still haven't gotten my chance to voice my displeasure with the boo birds. I won't forget what he did to this team until I get a chance to boo him. May be childish but that's how it is.

frito 12-04-2009 03:20 PM

I just don't care at this point. The team has far bigger issues ro worry about than ex-cap't. If we had continued to roll right along as we were expecting at the outset of the season I would be all this and running his name through the mud. Now I just don't care about him. I want the boys on the current CBJ roster to get therir **** together and start playing the right way for a full 60 (+ if necessary) minutes.

GoodVybes 12-04-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTheMask (Post 22469644)
I will boo the hell out of him. As well as pass out hilarious posters and signs about him.

He is a coward and a fraud and a piece of **** and I will see him in Hell one day. I wish nothing but bad things for him and I hate him with every ounce of me.

This made me a little misty eyed.

I have never bought lower bowl seats, except for this game. Sec 101 Row B. I shall boo him at every possible opportunity.

CBJSprague24 12-04-2009 03:23 PM

Scott Torgerson on 97.1 in the 2pm hour:

"I want to see Adam Foote get punched in the face in HD."

If I go to the game, I'll boo him there. If I don't, I'll boo him from 50 miles away.

edit- Skip to about 33 seconds & make it sound like this:

dru 12-04-2009 03:29 PM

http://pictures.pichaus.com/d6078223...34djVlXYOO4%3D

JACKETfan 12-04-2009 03:39 PM

For a moment I thought this thread was about re-signing him.
By the looks of this year's Defensive roster, and Footer's current stats, we could use such a veteran pummeler back there.

blahblah 12-04-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougRiffle (Post 22469718)

You may not give a crap about Adam Foote but I still haven't gotten my chance to voice my displeasure with the boo birds. I won't forget what he did to this team until I get a chance to boo him. May be childish but that's how it is.

If it makes you feel better, enjoy. Still boring as hell.

Matt 12-04-2009 04:22 PM

I would make a comment but I am not allowed

Mailrep 12-04-2009 04:32 PM

Maybe Stralman will show him a thing or two. Like last night. :shakehead

aRussian 12-04-2009 04:42 PM

I'll boo if everyone else boos in my section; I've got a considerably weakened voice at the moment and won't be able to do much. I'd rather not be asked if I have an air leak that needs fixed due to not being able to voice my true displeasure :help:

I hope Nasher shows him a thing or two also, the game should (hopefully) motivate him. The stinker should (hopefully) motivate the rest of the team or the game will probably only be booing with nothing to cheer for after getting another 6 scored on us.

Please freakin' win though, that'll matter more at the end of the day. Adam losing his face will just be (an incredibly) nice bonus

firethecannon 12-04-2009 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTheMask (Post 22469644)

He is a coward and a fraud and a piece of **** and I will see him in Hell one day. I wish nothing but bad things for him and I hate him with every ounce of me.

You forgot the best description of him-- QUITTER!!!!

CBJSprague24 12-04-2009 06:42 PM

You know, the only time Foote-gate fires me up anymore is when we play the Avs. I did enjoy watching our team pummel his last year, especially when he was in the lineup.

But at the end of the day:

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/v2/photos/mugs/8469469.jpg > http://avalanche.nhl.com/v2/photos/mugs/8456283.jpg

Our old friend in Puck-Rakers:

Quote:

At the time, however, some in Columbus believed Foote forced his way out of town with the Jackets sitting five points out of a playoff spot. (He would have been a free agent as season's end.)

Foote was asked yesterday if that representation of events was inaccurate.

"Like I said earlier to a question similar to that, I've been down (that road) and I have addressed it You look at both sides and both sides have moved on. We talked about this."

Earlier in the interview, Foote made a similar comment:

"I've already talked to the guys and addressed that with them. I have been there. That was a couple of years ago or a year-and-a-half ago, it seems longer. I felt like I have been down that road so I don't really want to go there."

In fact, he's never "addressed it" publicly and he probably never will.

MattTheMask 12-04-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougRiffle (Post 22469718)

This. Nice post.

For all of you who are saying, "This team has other issues to worry about blah blah blah"

Yeah, no **** I dont think the team is worried about it. But the fans are a different story. If we give him the business the whole game it will not affect our play at all.

I encourage anyone and everyone to boo Foote every time his name is announced and every time he touches the puck.

Youre a punk Foote. To quote Phil Collins "Well if you told me that you were drowning, I would not lend a hand . . . . "

CapnCornelius 12-04-2009 07:33 PM

I hope that booing Foote will become a tradition like booing Paul Kariya and Daniel Alfredsson is in Anaheim. Sadly though, it will be a short tradition given how old he is.

It'd be nice to beat him, but the reality is that the schmuck is on a team that's presently in the playoff hunt. Until the standings change, he's going to have the last laugh.

RBarRegular 12-04-2009 07:56 PM

We as fans certainly took Foote's departure personally. But I'm taking our current swoon personally too. More than anything I want us to play better and with passion and guts - LIKE LAST YEAR!!!! Yeah, I'll boo Foote tomorrow night... during pregame introductions. But when the puck drops I just want to win. If we can do it at Foote's expense, great. If we win and he's nowhere to be found, that's fine too.

Carry the Flag

Viqsi 12-05-2009 12:04 AM

On a side note, take a look at the record and date mentioned by our special guest in the second article (complaining about booing). Then look at today's date and record.

Within a few days, and the records are identical.

:scared:

FiveHole23 12-05-2009 12:04 AM

On the dot, one more game closer to the end of Hitch.

Won't happen but I hope Nash drops them with Foote and beats the piss out of him.

skimp 12-05-2009 12:23 AM

Adam Foote is a doodie face.