HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Komisarek (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71143)

tnq 04-15-2004 09:23 PM

Komisarek

impresses me :)

eddy 04-15-2004 09:30 PM

Considering he hasn't played a game for along time and it was his first ever playoff game he played very well, only bad thing was I believe he was on for the Boston goal and Murray was left open, but cept for that excellent game for Komisarek.

tinyzombies 04-15-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
impresses me :)

He had a couple great shifts tonight. He saved a goal twice on one shift when Souray was pinching in and he threw a couple nice hits (though put himself out of position both times). He also had trouble clearing the zone with his backhand three times in a row. Other than that, he's definitely shown that he's gonna be a big-game player in the future. He definitely steps it up.

Finally, we have some real defensemen on this team in Souray, Markov and Komisarek! (I like Bouillon too...)

tnq 04-15-2004 09:37 PM

do you see any B's forward dare to put pressure on Komi ? he is good for his young age and btw he did not play alot in the season :shakehead

s7ark 04-15-2004 09:40 PM

No huge mistakes, and that's all you can ask of the guy. With all respect to Quintal, this is a blessing in disguise. I fresh, big defenseman who is trying to keep it simple as opposed to a veteran past his prime who seems to be trying to do too much. This is great experience in a great rivalry for a young player. Being brought into a team that is showing so much character and character and seeing what it takes... Should make him more hungry to get back when he gets a permanent NHL post.

LPHabsFan 04-15-2004 09:43 PM

The only problem I had with his game tonight was that he was a little too cautious. He played an amazing game considering all the other factors and I'm happy he played very well and I probably am being too nitpicky but there were a few time where he could have passed, and I know this cause his head was looking straight at the open player, but he didnt pass cause he didnt want to make a mistake. He has to get some more confidence and he'll make more good plays.

Overall a very good game.

Lewis63 04-15-2004 09:48 PM

Good clam game for Komy

nice hit on Samsonov
he finished with a +1 rating

he played alot during the 3rd period too

Freaky Habs Fan 04-15-2004 09:49 PM

I didn't saw all the game but for what I saw, he was looking good. If Komi play regulary, he play like a veterant so if he have the chance to play more games, watch out because he will be unstopable.

Blackshad 04-15-2004 09:50 PM

He played good tonight giving some big hit.
But he seem nervus at times and cannot do a good first pass.
He showed sparks of a great futur tonight.

Guy Caballero 04-15-2004 09:59 PM

He looked really good out there. He contained the Bs forwards all night, even the big ones, and he made smart plays to get the puck out. This kid wants to play. He threw a couple of nice ones, too, especially the one on Samsonov. I think we may have just seen his first game as a full-time part of the Montreal defense corp, and it couldn't have come soon enough.

Ontario Habsfan 04-15-2004 10:05 PM

I was really impressed by Komi tonight. Aside from missing Murray on the Bruins goal he was solid the rest of the night. He was working guys over and winning battles along the boards. As Guy Caballero mentioned he had a good hit on Samsonov. He had an incredible hit in the slot where he just stood some guy right up, unfortunately SRC didn't show a replay so I don't know who the lucky Bruin was.

L3DZ3P 04-15-2004 10:05 PM

One word:MONSTER :yo:

tnq 04-15-2004 10:08 PM

he played like Stevens with less experience :handclap:

Traitor8 04-15-2004 10:13 PM

Im not sure Ontaria Habs Fan

but I think the player in the slot was Zamuner. not sure though..heard his name on the Play

Ontario Habsfan 04-15-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Im not sure Ontaria Habs Fan

but I think the player in the slot was Zamuner. not sure though..heard his name on the Play

I know it happened in the 1st on one of his first shifts...But it seems you know which play I'm talking about, right?

Mooch 04-15-2004 10:26 PM

He was simply awsome tonight!

YOUTH OF HABS 04-16-2004 12:23 AM

he should have been in since the begining of the series. good to see he's got a chance to bring his game. and of course he is rockin' the handle bar moustache what a classy guy :D

seriously very good game tonight. had some key hits..MORE KOMI!!!

RE-HABS 04-16-2004 12:29 AM

IMO, he should have been here since game 1. He played well way before these playoffs when he started with Souray.

Traitor8 04-16-2004 12:33 AM

Yes I know which play ur talking about Ontario Habs Fans.

I have come up between these two names
Zamuner
Rolston

Habsolument 04-16-2004 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L3DZ3P
One word:MONSTER :yo:

Good Pierre McGuire interpretation :banana:

Komisarek played a great first playoff game. I think that he was simply awesome. Actually, I thought that CJ could use him in the series after his display at the end of the season but I knew it wouldn't happen unless someone is hurt, which is not what you want. However now that Quintal is hurt for the rest of the first round at least, it's a great opportunity for Komi. He can lay some huge hits and he's not making as many mistakes. Plus he's always giving 100%. Gotta love that hit on Samsonov too. :yo: Take that, you midget. :rolly: :beatup:

Vlad The Impaler 04-16-2004 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
he played like Stevens with less experience :handclap:

Yeah exactly. And much, much less talent :p:

Hab at it 04-16-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ontario Habsfan
I was really impressed by Komi tonight. Aside from missing Murray on the Bruins goal he was solid the rest of the night. He was working guys over and winning battles along the boards. As Guy Caballero mentioned he had a good hit on Samsonov. He had an incredible hit in the slot where he just stood some guy right up, unfortunately SRC didn't show a replay so I don't know who the lucky Bruin was.

It was Zamuner. Komi flattened him out beautifully just inside the blue line.

Team_Spirit 04-16-2004 02:39 AM

I think he falled in love with Z :lol

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/web.../522/459_1.jpg

but hey , look out :

http://www.canadiens.com/_static/web.../522/461_1.jpg

c_mak 04-16-2004 07:38 AM

I was wondering if there would be a thread here this morning discussing Komi's play. God bless you hockey loving habs fans. I htought the kid played great, He had a couple moments with the puck inside his own end where he looked a bit rattled,(once in the third he tried three times unsuccesefully to clear the puck, but he semed to remian determined. Althoguh he looked ratled he never looked paniced which I think is a big difference in his game.

Alot of people seem not unhappy that quintal got hurt. I like quintal, home town buy, nice and tough, will stick up for his mates. I really think Komi is a improvement because he is way way more mobile. Montreal has some pretty good depth on their blue line. Komi brings youth and the enthusiam of playing for the first time in the playoffs. while unsimilari in may ways Komi's insert into the Habs Bruins series is kinda like Spezza's insert inot game five against NJ last year. although Komididn'tcore he did the things that made him the habs choice in the draft. Glad you guys pulled this one out. I hope to see another similar performace on saturday

mcphee 04-16-2004 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Yeah exactly. And much, much less talent :p:

What, you got a problem with hyperbole ?