HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dan Carcillo Support Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=711555)

TheDrizzle81 12-06-2009 02:54 PM

Dan Carcillo Support Thread

All of those who support Dan discuss it here!

Valhoun* 12-06-2009 02:57 PM

At the end of the day, after all has been said, debated, discussed, and the results have been tallied... Bradley is still a *****.

UseYourAllusion 12-06-2009 02:58 PM

Not Danny's most shining moment, but if Bradley can take one punch, just one, we don't have to go through this.

Wolfy 12-06-2009 03:06 PM

Don't hit me, I know I'm stepping into a snake pit here, but just a suggestion.

Why not a poll? Let the board decide. Should Carcillo remain with the team, is he finished, deserved penalty, less penalty or whatever.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk* 12-06-2009 03:06 PM

Carcillo is still awesome...and I definitely dont want him traded. He is probably just frustrated, though should use more discretion next time around.

This team is only losing because Betts is out, anyways :nod:

Valhoun* 12-06-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfy (Post 22508540)

Why not a poll? Let the board decide. Should Carcillo remain with the team, is he finished, deserved penalty, less penalty or whatever.

If there was a poll, you'd just want to smoke it.

TheDrizzle81 12-06-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfy (Post 22508540)

I said This:

Carcillo:
5 for fighting, 2 for instigation (I beleive that leads to an ejection)

Bradley:
5 for fighting. IMO He agreed to fight by dropping his gloves.

Washington gets a 2 minute PP.

Centauris* 12-06-2009 03:09 PM

I heart Danny

PhilaFlyers 12-06-2009 03:12 PM

Stupid move but Carcillo should definitely remain with the team.

Alchemy 12-06-2009 03:14 PM

I love the guy...

But i think this should be his last chance... I hope this is a wakeup call.

RIPRichardsCarter 12-06-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 22508616)
I said This:

Carcillo:
5 for fighting, 2 for instigation (I beleive that leads to an ejection)

Bradley:
5 for fighting. IMO He agreed to fight by dropping his gloves.

Washington gets a 2 minute PP.

I think Carcillo did deserve a game misconduct, but I do agree Bradley also should have gotten 5 for fighting. He did drop his gloves (although Carcillo hit him before he was ready).

All in all, I <3 Carcillo. Always have since we got him.

Jaydepps 12-06-2009 03:23 PM

I still love Carcillo. He brings a lot to the team minus the occasional incidents. I still don't think he should have gotten 29 minutes considering every similar situation has never warranted that much.

TheDrizzle81 12-06-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quacker912 (Post 22508785)
I think Carcillo did deserve a game misconduct, but I do agree Bradley also should have gotten 5 for fighting. He did drop his gloves (although Carcillo hit him before he was ready).

All in all, I <3 Carcillo. Always have since we got him.

i think an instigator is a misconduct these days. But what isnt?

TheDrizzle81 12-06-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaydepps (Post 22508915)
I still love Carcillo. He brings a lot to the team minus the occasional incidents. I still don't think he should have gotten 29 minutes considering every similar situation has never warranted that much.

occasional. key word. people make it sound like he does **** like this every game. And it wasnt really that bad, the refs blew it out of proportion thats all.

Dig Out Your Soul 12-06-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 22508972)
i think an instigator is a misconduct these days. But what isnt?

Should've been 2, 2, 5, and 10 to Carcillo and 5 minutes to Bradley. He dropped his gloves and was involved in a fight. That's 5 minutes. 4 minute PP should've resulted.

As I said in the other thread...Carcillo's played well this year and in general has been a more responsible player. But his rep will always follow him around and hurt this team.

Lomark 12-06-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers (Post 22508681)
Stupid move but Carcillo should definitely remain with the team.

This. We still need him. Especially if it's true that Laviolette isn't too high on enforcers. We need someone who keeps the other teams Ducos, Averys, Ruttus on their best behavior. Why not someone who can actually play aswell..

Dig Out Your Soul 12-06-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 (Post 22509018)
occasional. key word. people make it sound like he does **** like this every game. And it wasnt really that bad, the refs blew it out of proportion thats all.

Now you know the life of being a Downie fan. People made it sound like he ate babies for breakfast everyday.

It was only once a month or so. :sarcasm:

UseYourAllusion 12-06-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul (Post 22509095)
People made it sound like he ate babies for breakfast everyday.

Part of a complete breakfast.

ForsbergIsOdin 12-06-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valhoun (Post 22508570)
If there was a poll, you'd just want to smoke it.

hehehe

TheDrizzle81 12-06-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul (Post 22509095)
Now you know the life of being a Downie fan. People made it sound like he ate babies for breakfast everyday.

It was only once a month or so. :sarcasm:

I am i love Dowie i just wasnt here to deal with it. I joined after that trade.

chromemaro 12-06-2009 03:52 PM

i still like him. not a huge fan of what he did last nite but after all is said and done i still want him on the team

IrishSniper87 12-06-2009 04:22 PM

**** Carcillo. Trade him, send him down, I don't care. If you want to know why the refs hate us, he is a big part of the reason. Not only what he stands for, but because the Flyers embrace guys like him and are more then happy to roll him out every game.

Broad Street Bullies havent won a cup in 35 years. I'm ready to give up on the hotheads and waste of roster space guys (Cote) and give guys who try like Powe, Asham and Lappy the chance to play on our bottom line. These guys bring the same intensity as Dan Carcillo, without the retard plays. Hell, Powe and Asham can at least get on the board from time to time.

Until Gagne and Betts is back, bring up Matsumoto and Maroon for the 3rd line and roll 3 talent lines.

JVR-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Carter
Maroon-Matsumoto-Pyorala
Powe-Lappy-Asham

BringBackStevens 12-06-2009 04:24 PM

I have always liked Carcillo, but he needs to pick his spots better.
He has been much improved and been a very effective player for us but unfortunately because of his rep and his ability to throw straight nasty punches any single brain fart is going to hurt this team badly

BringBackStevens 12-06-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 (Post 22509736)
**** Carcillo. Trade him, send him down, I don't care. If you want to know why the refs hate us, he is a big part of the reason. Not only what he stands for, but because the Flyers embrace guys like him and are more then happy to roll him out every game.

Broad Street Bullies havent won a cup in 35 years. I'm ready to give up on the hotheads and waste of roster space guys (Cote) and give guys who try like Powe, Asham and Lappy the chance to play on our bottom line. These guys bring the same intensity as Dan Carcillo, without the retard plays. Hell, Powe and Asham can at least get on the board from time to time.

Until Gagne and Betts is back, bring up Matsumoto and Maroon for the 3rd line and roll 3 talent lines.

JVR-Giroux-Briere
Hartnell-Richards-Carter
Maroon-Matsumoto-Pyorala
Powe-Lappy-Asham

Yeah 3 talent lines with 2 AHLers who have hardly done diddly as pros, that should end up fantastic for us

Readyrock 12-06-2009 04:29 PM

Devastatin' Dan Carthrillo