HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Is this reason enough to get a replacement under warranty? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=712474)

The Devil In I 12-09-2009 12:27 PM

Is this reason enough to get a replacement under warranty?

Hey I just played my first game with a new Easton S15 blade last night, and nothing out of the ordinary happened during the game. But after the game I noticed theres a punctured/cracked roughly 1/2 inch surface of the blade near the heel on the face of the blade. Do you think I wouldn't have a problem returning this as is, or should I basically pound the crap out of the blade until it really cracks?

SouthpawTRK 12-09-2009 12:44 PM

I would call Easton to explain the what happened to the blade; hopefully they can warranty the blade for you.

cptjeff 12-09-2009 01:59 PM

Most blades don't come with warranties. I've heard of companies giving replacement as if they were to placate customers though.

Call easton and ask if they can help you out.

SouthpawTRK 12-09-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjeff (Post 22558365)
Most blades don't come with warranties. I've heard of companies giving replacement as if they were to placate customers though.

That's good to know that most blades do not come with warranties. It seems like they should offer some kind of warranty; especially with the costs of some of the more costly blades.

Hockeyfan68 12-09-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cptjeff (Post 22558365)

I use Harrow stuff, the shafts and one piece sticks have a 60 day warranty and the replacement blades have a 30 day one time replacement. They have like a holographic foil barcode stuck on the back of the heel on the blades and also one on the shafts.

I have never returned any so far so I do not know if they scan the code into some system or what not. I would think so but the point is they warranty their stuff which is more than fair.

DevsFan84 12-09-2009 07:48 PM

Call Easton and see what they have to say. I wouldn't be suprised if they replaced it for you.

MatthewT 12-09-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevsFan84 (Post 22563740)
Call Easton and see what they have to say. I wouldn't be suprised if they replaced it for you.

+1. My experience with them was positive. I had a stick and the warrenty was up by a few weeks but they still let me send it back (on my cost) and they replaced it. Top notch!

Gunnar Stahl 30 12-09-2009 09:30 PM

easton blades dont hold up well, ive had 2 s15 and a zcarbon and they crack easily

The Devil In I 12-09-2009 09:55 PM

Thanks for the advice, I'll give em a call tomorrow and see what happens.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 (Post 22566557)
easton blades dont hold up well, ive had 2 s15 and a zcarbon and they crack easily

Weird. I have an S15 on my older stick and that blade has gone through ~10 games so far without any damage at all. This one looks like the blade cracked from a slapshot or something. I play roller and not ice so my blades don't go through too much abuse.