HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Question for NYR fans with an iPhone! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=713050)

92hatchattack 12-10-2009 09:27 PM

OT: Question for NYR fans with an iPhone!

Hey guys, I have an iPhone and im wondering if anyone else here does too. Im looking for a way to be able to hear Ranger broadcasts no matter where I am. Is there a website that streams audio, an app, or anything that will allow me to listen to my rangers from anwhere in the states?

Thanks in advance

---Joe

Bird Law 12-10-2009 09:38 PM

I would assume that the XM Radio app would as they broadcast all the NHL games. But you'd obviously have to pay for the XM Radio subscription.

92hatchattack 12-10-2009 10:06 PM

Yeah, I cant even afford to get to any games this year, so I def. am not looking to pay to listen to the boys.

Radek27 12-11-2009 12:57 AM

I think the XP/Serius App is your best bet. The App itself is free but you have to pay for the service. I had Serius for a while and it wasn't that costly. There are other Apps I tried that say they have media functions but they never work.

FOXHOUND* 12-11-2009 08:55 AM

ESPN radio app...it costs money but I don't think it's expensive

jasonponty 12-11-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXHOUND (Post 22594197)
ESPN radio app...it costs money but I don't think it's expensive

I bought the ESPN radio app thinking I could listen to Rangers games and it turned out to be a waste of money. They just put on "The Best of..." or Podcasts during games so you can't listen to them at all.

Melrose_Jr. 12-11-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 22592067)
I think the XP/Serius App is your best bet. The App itself is free but you have to pay for the service. I had Serius for a while and it wasn't that costly. There are other Apps I tried that say they have media functions but they never work.

Which subscription though? You can get an "online only" subscription for $2.99/month, plus you'll get 200+ other channels on top of NHL.

92hatchattack 12-11-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonponty (Post 22594994)
I bought the ESPN radio app thinking I could listen to Rangers games and it turned out to be a waste of money. They just put on "The Best of..." or Podcasts during games so you can't listen to them at all.

Really??? The app says it has 1050 radio though... they turn off the broadcast durring games??? Im confussed.

Jabroni 12-11-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92hatchattack (Post 22588497)
Hey guys, I have an iPhone and im wondering if anyone else here does too. Im looking for a way to be able to hear Ranger broadcasts no matter where I am. Is there a website that streams audio, an app, or anything that will allow me to listen to my rangers from anwhere in the states?

Thanks in advance

---Joe

I can tell you how to watch games on your iPhone...not sure if it'll help, but PM me if you're interested.