HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is our first line the best in the playoffs? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71313)

Mooch 04-16-2004 11:07 AM

Is our first line the best in the playoffs?

Saku 1g, 5a= 6 points
Alex 4g, 1a= 5 points
Zednik 1g, 2a= 3 points

As a line combined for 6g, 8a, 14 points in just 5 games.

Pretty damn good if you ask me, but is it the best in the league right now?

I think it is :thumbu:

Dutchy 04-16-2004 11:09 AM

Hedjuk (2-2=4), Tanguay (2-2=4) and Forsberg (2-3=5) in 4 games have been better, but our 1st line is still pretty damn good!

furax 04-16-2004 11:13 AM

Koivu is first for points with 6. He is tie to Roenick, Zhamnov and Johnson who had played 4 games....

Kovalev is first for goals with 4!!!

jcpenny 04-16-2004 11:13 AM

I said it last week that thy had the potentiel to be the best and sombody got all over me for saying that. That line has everything, grit , toughness , speed, size and LOTS OF SKILLS. Now if Ryder could get going...The problem with the Ribs line is even if i can say nothing about Dags, he cant really help his linemates since he cannot pass or handle the puck.

Mooch 04-16-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
I said it last week that thy had the potentiel to be the best and sombody got all over me for saying that. That line has everything, grit , toughness , speed, size and LOTS OF SKILLS. Now if Ryder could get going...The problem with the Ribs line is even if i can say nothing about Dags, he cant really help his linemates since he cannot pass or handle the puck.

I think the second line is lacking some speed. Perezhogan, higgins, or Kastitsyn should bring that next season!

markov` 04-16-2004 11:17 AM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...70#post1231970

:yo:

And yes, I'm thinking the 2nd line lacks of speed. Ribs and Ryder need a big, speedy winger. Brian Rolston, for example (he is UFA). But the most likely scenario is Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder next year.

jcpenny 04-16-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markov`
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...70#post1231970

:yo:

And yes, I'm thinking the 2nd line lacks of speed. Ribs and Ryder need a big, speedy winger. Brian Rolston, for example (he is UFA). But the most likely scenario is Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder next year.

What could be the answer for now? Sundstrom? Ward? Juneau?

Mooch 04-16-2004 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcpenny
What could be the answer for now? Sundstrom? Ward? Juneau?

I wouldnt mind sunny, if and when he is healthy. Dagenais hasent been that bad, hes played pretty consistens, its becoming more and more evident that he is nothing more than a filler!

markov` 04-16-2004 11:30 AM

I'd try Bulis. He is not playing his best hockey and he should get a try with Ribs and Ryder in the 3rd period, if we are leading, in game 6.

417 04-16-2004 11:46 AM

This line together definately has the potential to be one of the best lines, like another poster said, it has everything, skill, grit, scoring, speed and alot of other intangibles, hopefully we'll see alot more of it in the next coming years...and eventually the 2nd line will have to get more speed, could be next year in the form of either, Hossa, Plekanec, Higgins or my personal choice Perezhogin...

I'm so happy for Koivu he's deserved this kind of talent on his wing for so long, it's what's kept him from crossing into the elite player category IMO, althoguh in my mind i always considered him to be an elite player, but he isin't the kind of player who can succeed all year with the pressure being solely on his shoulders, Kovalev will help him a great deal with that, and he'll also make Zednik that much of a better player...not to mention if the Ribs line keeps producing like it did this year, it no longer makes the habs a 1 line team with only two good players on it...if BG signs any FA this off season, Kovalev should be his 1st priority and maybe strengthening the 3rd and 4th lines thereafter...

Habs in 7, I had a vision...

All-Star 04-16-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

But the most likely scenario is Higgins - Ribeiro - Ryder next year.

I think it's more likely going to be Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder. Next year is probably Hossa's "last chance" season. I hope he makes the most of it...

Mooch 04-16-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All-Star
I think it's more likely going to be Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder. Next year is probably Hossa's "last chance" season. I hope he makes the most of it...

I really like that line if Hossa can play with an effort. Thats all i ask from him. Plus we all know if he puts an effort, he will score and create chances, because he certainly has the skill set.

I see higgins on the thrid line, with possibly Dodw/Begin, Ward.

All-Star 04-16-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

I'd try Bulis.

Only if Sundstrom and/or Begin comes back. Dagenais and Perreault aren't effective checking line players...