HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Season Ticket Holders: has anyone been contacted about this? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71353)

in the hall 04-16-2004 01:21 PM

Season Ticket Holders: has anyone been contacted about this?

Apparently one "major NY Sports team" has randomly selected a limited number of season ticket holders that have been with them for years to ask about their views of the team and get their opinions on what should be done or what they think of the current state of it, as well as other issues that will be discussed. This is something that's done with major marketing agencies to see what interest or ideas the "diehards" have and is supposedly taken with much seriousness. Basically what this team did was rent out a entire floor of a building in the city and have 10 people discuss this for 2 hours in a conference room and they get paid $100 just to show up.

I know for a fact this is the Rangers because that is the only season tickets I have that are not in my dad's business name. Problem is the tickets were basically given to me so I won't be able to attend since only my father can being that I'm too young to have had these tickets for the period of time required. My dad while diehard is not the most in depth sports fan if you know what I mean so I'm hoping to find a way to get in there. I was wondering if anyone else here has been contacted for this either now or in the past, or if anyone with better insight can tell me exactly what this is all about. It sounds interesting and like something that is possibly one of the few ways that fans can actually be heard by management as to how they feel and what they want.

JR#9* 04-16-2004 01:33 PM

I wish they had contacted me as a 10 yr ticketholder.

I despise Slats and his unjust arrogance more than any other figure in sports.

charliemurphy 04-16-2004 01:47 PM

When is this taking place?
Keep us posted if you or your father takes part.
Sounds like a very interesting PR move.
I still think Dolan will balk on lowering tix by 10%.

Fletch 04-16-2004 01:55 PM

Funny you should say..

I got a call two days ago offering me $100 for marketing...and that's where I hung up. Man, I hope I didn't miss my chance...

in the hall 04-16-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliemurphy
When is this taking place?
Keep us posted if you or your father takes part.
Sounds like a very interesting PR move.
I still think Dolan will balk on lowering tix by 10%.

Next Thursday, 7:30pm
there are other days as well

Dolan has already announced he will follow through with the 10% cut, of course conveniant that he does so when the team decides to rebuild.

Burberry Manning 04-16-2004 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in the hall
Apparently one "major NY Sports team" has randomly selected a limited number of season ticket holders that have been with them for years to ask about their views of the team and get their opinions on what should be done or what they think of the current state of it, as well as other issues that will be discussed. This is something that's done with major marketing agencies to see what interest or ideas the "diehards" have and is supposedly taken with much seriousness. Basically what this team did was rent out a entire floor of a building in the city and have 10 people discuss this for 2 hours in a conference room and they get paid $100 just to show up.

I know for a fact this is the Rangers because that is the only season tickets I have that are not in my dad's business name. Problem is the tickets were basically given to me so I won't be able to attend since only my father can being that I'm too young to have had these tickets for the period of time required. My dad while diehard is not the most in depth sports fan if you know what I mean so I'm hoping to find a way to get in there. I was wondering if anyone else here has been contacted for this either now or in the past, or if anyone with better insight can tell me exactly what this is all about. It sounds interesting and like something that is possibly one of the few ways that fans can actually be heard by management as to how they feel and what they want.

I would think that you would be allowed to take part in the meeting no matter what age you are. It shouldnt matter to them how old you were supposed to be when the season tickets were purchased, what matters now is that you have the tickets and they have been paid for. If I were you I would do anything I could to get in that meeting and make your voice heard.

in the hall 04-16-2004 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I got a call two days ago offering me $100 for marketing...and that's where I hung up. Man, I hope I didn't miss my chance...

You might have. That's basically what I was told at first until I started asking questions like how they got my name in the first place. They didn't tell me anything at first other then this is commonly done by marketing agencies and this is was some sort of focus discussion group but afterwards he said it was being held by a major sports team and then I asked what exactly will it be about and that's where I got that info from.

if you want the number to call them send me a PM, just tell them your name and act as if they called you before

edit- I'm leaving now so I'll PM you the number anyway since I won't be able to reply for a while

Barnaby 04-16-2004 02:05 PM

That sounds really cool... I dont see it changing the draft strategy or anything, but 100 bucks and a shot to voice your opinion - GO FOR IT.

Let our feelings known if you get in there, and keep us posted. It sounds like a good time if nothing else.

in the hall 04-16-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnaby
That sounds really cool... I dont see it changing the draft strategy or anything, but 100 bucks and a shot to voice your opinion - GO FOR IT.

Let our feelings known if you get in there, and keep us posted. It sounds like a good time if nothing else.

I don't think so either, I think more along the lines of "would you tolerate rebuilding" and you can bet my answer is YES.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 04-16-2004 02:38 PM

Quote:

I have not heard about this. I would think, however, for every question you are asked about rebuilding and about the direction of the team, you will have to answer two about whether or not you like the music, the on ice contests between periods and whether or not there needs to be another Ranch 1 in the Garden.

Barnaby 04-16-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I have not heard about this. I would think, however, for every question you are asked about rebuilding and about the direction of the team, you will have to answer two about whether or not you like the music, the on ice contests between periods and whether or not there needs to be another Ranch 1 in the Garden.

1. Smaller tops for the Ranger girls ;)

2. ROCK music... dance music doesn't pump me up at a hockey game, and neither does Avril Lavine.

and yes another Ranch 1 wouldn't hurt :D

nyr7andcounting 04-16-2004 02:55 PM

if this is the real deal I say that everyone on these boards puts together a list or something of that sort on what we think should be done. then if anyone from these boards does go or knows someone that is going, print the list and give it to them.....easiest way to get all the right thoughts together is to write it down and then put them together. Going there and just talking is great but sometimes you forget things and don't say everything that needs to be said

xevious 04-16-2004 02:56 PM

Yeah i got the call (they left a msg) but it didn't sound like it was related to the NYR, they made it sound like NY sports teams in general. I'll call them back and find out.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 04-16-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

2. ROCK music... dance music doesn't pump me up at a hockey game, and neither does Avril Lavine.

:lol: LOL!

Agree. Especially about the music. Who needs AC/DC when you got the techno remix of "Clocks" :shakehead (and I like Coldplay).

Mmmmmmm......Ranch 1.

in the hall 04-16-2004 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway

that may be true but the questions are likely to be asked nevertheless, also I don't think they would give away 1,000 for each set up to ask about irrelevant issues that are more for attracting nonseason ticket holders

in the hall 04-16-2004 05:29 PM

Quote:

:D what about mini skirts?

Barnaby 04-16-2004 10:59 PM

Quote:

:D what about mini skirts?

What? thongs?..... I mean.... errrrr....