HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=713871)

Radek27 12-13-2009 03:29 AM

Drury Has 2 Friggin Goals - ONE Goal in last 26 Games

The coach called him out tonight and I think it's about time for the fans to do the same. We jump all over Rozsival, Malik, Poti but let this guy come in here and collect 22 million + and he has 2 damn goals! I hate to point blame at one guy but he has to realize he's making superstar money. How is his paycheck bigger than Gaborik? How is Torts supposed to do his job when his highest paid foward and team captain has TWO friggin goals on the season? This is the problem with this team and things won't change till something is done about it. I think Torts sent a message to Sather tonight with that Drury on the point play at the end there.

NYR Sting 12-13-2009 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 22627442)
The coach called him out tonight and I think it's about time for the fans to do the same. We jump all over Rozsival, Malik, Poti but let this guy come in here and collect 22 million + and he has 2 damn goals! I hate to point blame at one guy but he has to realize he's making superstar money. How is his paycheck bigger than Gaborik? How is Torts supposed to do his job when his highest paid foward and team captain has TWO friggin goals on the season? This is the problem with this team and things won't change till something is done about it. I think Torts sent a message to Sather tonight with that Drury on the point play at the end there.

I think the message being sent was that Kotalik is a ****ing loser, considering he was typically horrendous in this game.

Let's review the common points:

-The amount of money Drury makes doesn't change the player he is. He's the same player.

-Drury scores when playing with better offensive players. You put him with a good playmaker, he'll get some goals. You put him with grinders, he's not going to score much.

-It's Sather's fault for paying Drury, a great role player, superstar money.

-It's Sather's fault for not putting Drury in a position to succeed, much as he's done for Callahan, Anisimov, Avery, Higgins, etc.

Radek27 12-13-2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting36e (Post 22627496)
I think the message being sent was that Kotalik is a ****ing loser, considering he was typically horrendous in this game.

-The amount of money Drury makes doesn't change the player he is. He's the same player.

-Drury scores when playing with better offensive players. You put him with a good playmaker, he'll get some goals. You put him with grinders, he's not going to score much.

-It's Sather's fault for not putting Drury in a position to succeed, much as he's done for Callahan, Anisimov, Avery, Higgins, etc.

Thats fine, then Sather should be fired. I don't care who answers for it just as long as something starts being done about fixing this. It's a very big issue for this team.

NYR Sting 12-13-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 22627543)
Thats fine, then Sather should be fired.

No ****.

Cake or Death 12-13-2009 03:54 AM

Yeah, it's pretty f-in bad. When Gilroy got sent down I thought, "Why in hell are we sending this kid down ... he's a first season d-man who has twice as many goals as Drury." Since the Holik signing I have not comprehended how any team in the league (or in the ECHL) would retain or hire Sather. Tack on the Drury, Gomez, Redden contracts ... wow. In keeping such a complete imbecile as GM, it certainly gives the appearance that top management does not care about winning and/or has no connection to reality. I personally have a hard time supporting the team under these circumstances. Thank God Jagr was able to carry the team on his back a few seasons and make the team enjoyable to deal with.

Crease 12-13-2009 04:04 AM

There really needs to be a louder voice at the Garden to fire Sather. This organization is in need of a serious culture shock and it has to start with new management.

n8 12-13-2009 05:36 AM

Is that so alarming? I think it's more alarming that at this point in the season, outside of gaborik (at 21), no one has more than 6 goals.

prospal 6
kotalik 6
callahan 5
anisimov 5
del zotto 5
avery' 4
girardi 4
higgins 4
gilroy 4

wt-fuuuuuuuuh

HoosierDaddy 12-13-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sting36e (Post 22627496)

This applies to 100% of the players in the league. Even goalies can get points for head-manning the puck out of the zone. Captain Valium needs to go, along with the clueless front office.

Mio41 12-13-2009 07:04 AM

Captain Dreary...

Cake or Death 12-13-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8 (Post 22627857)
Is that so alarming? I think it's more alarming that at this point in the season, outside of gaborik (at 21), no one has more than 6 goals.

You don't find it alarming that a team has a 7 million dollar forward who is on pace to score 6 goals this season? I'm not sure who's scarier, Stephen King or Glen Sather.

SomebodySaveKreider 12-13-2009 09:23 AM

Whats going on with Chris Drury doesn't seem to be JUST Drury. Outside of Gaborik, nobody is scoring goals.

RangerBlueJay* 12-13-2009 10:15 AM

Someone say Blair Betts yet? :sarcasm:

BroadwayBlues 12-13-2009 10:29 AM

I would have more of a problem with Drury if he played with a great winger since signing here and he still sucked.
But as Sting36e pointed out he is unproductive cause he has no one next to him that can consistently score/threat. Makes for a MIA supposedly good play making center.

AXN 12-13-2009 10:32 AM

He has one goal in 25 games and his offensive stats are really bad. Someone noticed.

Inferno 12-13-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan (Post 22628398)
You don't find it alarming that a team has a 7 million dollar forward who is on pace to score 6 goals this season? I'm not sure who's scarier, Stephen King or Glen Sather.

As a fan of Stephen King, who has read something like 30+ of his books, I find it insulting that you put his name in the same sentence as Glen Sather. You owe that man an apology. :rant:

Shake and Bake 12-13-2009 10:38 AM

Chris Drury sucks.

But dont worry guys, its just a slow start...right?

I would love to revisit some of those threads from a few weeks ago.

Also, Ryan Callhan now has 3x as many goals as Chris Drury. 6...2

Shake and Bake 12-13-2009 10:40 AM

Sting, you blasted Gomez, but wont bash Drury

WhipNash27 12-13-2009 11:04 AM

Drury IS NOT the same player, though. I can't stand when people say this. Drury's career average in points is about 58 points. This season, he's on pace for 28 points. That's not even half the production.

He's a minus 8, his' career average is about even. Although, since he came to the Rangers he's been a minus every year.

The only thing he's doing well right now is faceoffs.

Personally I think he should have the captaincy taken away. Just like how Leetch's numbers were some of his career worst when he was captain, maybe Drury's the same.

Inferno 12-13-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 22629034)
Drury IS NOT the same player, though. I can't stand when people say this. Drury's career average in points is about 58 points. This season, he's on pace for 28 points. That's not even half the production.

He's a minus 8, his' career average is about even. Although, since he came to the Rangers he's been a minus every year.

The only thing he's doing well right now is faceoffs.

Personally I think he should have the captaincy taken away. Just like how Leetch's numbers were some of his career worst when he was captain, maybe Drury's the same.

:nod::nod::nod:

FLYLine24 12-13-2009 11:22 AM

Betts: 1G in 13P
Drury: 2G in 26GP

Both on pace for 6 big goals this season!

Captain Useless. And i could care less about the money, the guy brings nothing but shot blocks. Worst captain since....heck I don't even know.

Ryan McDonut 12-13-2009 11:29 AM

Brian boyle has more goals than Chris Drury :help:

King of cool 12-13-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubi17 (Post 22629253)
Brian boyle has more goals than Chris Drury :help:

Nigel Dawes has more goals and points than Drury, Boyle, Voros and Brashear combined. :help:

KotsyJr 12-13-2009 11:45 AM

Drury is awful, plain and simple. His numbers by the end of this season will be laughable. He's on the decline and he's falling fast.

You know, I really thought that not being fed Drury as much as we have been the last 2 seasons would help him. Having him take a lesser 2nd/3rd line role instead of how we got Drury on the ice for every other shift, PP, and PK. But, he's even worse.

*cue the posts about cueing the posts about his salary*
*cue the posts with blind drury love*

tjs252 12-13-2009 11:58 AM

If nobody's scoring and we're looking when, aside from Gaborik, we possibly (probably?) won't have anyone break 20, and certainly not 25, how do you blame a player who's a complimentary offensive talent for the problems?

This isn't to say Drury's play is commendable, it's not, it's clearly lacking, but Kotalik, Higgins and Callahan were meant to be the 25-35 goal guys and we'll be lucky to get 45 goals out of the three of them combined. I'd be more focused on the "skilled" players that were meant to score that aren't than Drury who was going to be a 25 goal guy in a good season, and when he's centering a grinder line, it's almost impossible to just expect him to score.

Bleed Ranger Blue 12-13-2009 12:05 PM

When people just realize theres nothing we can do about Drury for 2 and a half years, maybe the whining will stop and we can focus on things that can actually be altered.