HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   GDT: Coyotes @ Red Wings (12/14/09) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=714185)

andimgone 12-14-2009 01:22 AM

Coyotes @ Red Wings (12/14/09)

http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/pho_comp.gif http://cdn.nhl.com/img/team/det_comp.gif

5:30 PM (MST)
TV: FSN-AZ (HD)

Game Preview
News: AZ Central | East Valley Tribune
Player Stats: PHO | DET
NHL Standings
PhoenixCoyotes.com

Game Coverage Links
ScoresheetGameCenter Event Summary
Play-by-PlayBox ScoreTOI: PHO DET

Season Series
Date Winner Score 1st Star
Oct.22http://cdn.nhl.com/coyotes/images/logos/small.png3-2 Adrian Aucoin

Team Comparison
 Phoenix Detroit
Record:
19-11-2 - 40 PTS 16-11-5 - 37 PTS
Conference:
6th 9th
Division:
3rd 3rd
Home:
12-5-0 9-6-2
Away:
7-6-2 7-5-3
GF Avg.:
2.41 (27th)2.69 (19th)
GA Avg.:
2.22 (4th)2.62 (T 8th)
PP %:
18.0 (20th) 20.0 (12th)
PK %:
83.8 (8th)79.8 (17th)
Last 10 GP:
7-2-1 5-4-1

Rosters
Phoenix
Coyotes

Detroit
Red Wings
ForwardsDefense  Forwards Defense
Paul Bissonnette Adrian Aucoin   Justin Abdelkader Jonathan Ericsson
Shane Doan Ed Jovanovski   Todd Bertuzzi Brett Lebda
Vernon Fiddler Sami Lepisto   Pavel Datsyuk Nicklas Lidstrom
Martin Hanzal Zbynek Michalek   Kris Draper Derek Meech
Lauri Korpikoski David Schlemko   Patrick Eaves Brian Rafalski
Robert Lang Jim Vandermeer   Darren Helm Brad Stuart
Matthew Lombardi Keith Yandle   Tomas Holmstrom
Peter Mueller   Ville Leino
Petr Prucha   Kirk Maltby
Taylor Pyatt   Brad May Goalies
Scottie Upshall Goalies   Drew Miller Jimmy Howard
Radim Vrbata Ilya Bryzgalov   Henrik Zetterberg Chris Osgood
Daniel Winnik Jason LaBarbera  

Injured
Phoenix Player Status Detroit Player Status
Kurt Sauer Injured Reserve  Daniel Cleary Injured Reserve
    Niklas Kronwall Injured Reserve
    Valtteri Filppula Injured Reserve
    Jason Williams Injured Reserve
    Andreas LiljaInjured Reserve
    Johan Franzen Injured Reserve

SniperHF 12-14-2009 03:30 AM

COYOTES WIN 11 - 0 WOOOOOOOO!.
:nod:

I digress.
Like the Edmonton game, I think we need to bring in medical supplies for Detroit too. Jovo's back so that could lend some much needed offensive support; Vandy probably sits. I hope Pyatt continues his roll in December which is currently points in 4/5 games.

Also the start of a critical long road trip coming off a hot streak where the Yotes have gone 7-2-1 in L10 , which just blows me away. What also blows me away is that they went 7-2-1 and are still only in 6th. But at least we are now seeing separation among the bottom 5 teams in playoff spots where as 2 weeks ago 3 of them were tied and the 11-12 spot teams were only 1 or 2 out of a spot.

And just a minor note, what the heck happened to the kings. I in no way thought their goal tending would allow them to get that high in the standings, even with the extra games played.

Peter Petan 12-14-2009 03:35 AM

Am I the only one who doesnt miss Kurt Sauer in the line-up? Aucoin has been a very adequate replacement for the slow but steady d-man. That is all.

SniperHF 12-14-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotes4life (Post 22642563)
Am I the only one who doesnt miss Kurt Sauer in the line-up? Aucoin has been a very adequate replacement for the slow but steady d-man. That is all.

If you look at Sauer's replacement as Aucoin then you MAY be right. But really Aucoin replaces Morris, which he also has done fine at. At this point Vandermeer is more acting as Sauer's replacement and Lepisto for Hale. When Sauer comes back the choice of Lepisto vs Vandermeer is going to have to be made, Sauer is too good defensively to keep out of the line up if healthy. I'd expect to see those two rotate in and out of the line up for a while assuming there are no more injuries upon Sauer's return.

yakko 12-14-2009 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyotes4life (Post 22642563)

I hope so. It's a shame playing well defensively is under appreciated in a defenseman. It's not all about points. When Michalek and Sauer played together they were an elite shutdown pair even before the Coyotes started playing a defensive system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 22642591)
If you look at Sauer's replacement as Aucoin then you MAY be right. But really Aucoin replaces Morris, which he also has done fine at. At this point Vandermeer is more acting as Sauer's replacement and Lepisto for Hale. When Sauer comes back the choice of Lepisto vs Vandermeer is going to have to be made, Sauer is too good defensively to keep out of the line up if healthy. I'd expect to see those two rotate in and out of the line up for a while assuming there are no more injuries upon Sauer's return.

I completely agree with what you said, except I don't see any question about what to do when the defense is healthy. If Lepisto is waiver exempt, send him down. Vandermeer has been every bit the stalwart I expected and far better at handling and passing the puck up ice than I ever expected. Vandermeer is 29 years old and plays every trick in the book like a guy that has been around even longer than that. Lepisto has NHL hands, but he doesn't have an NHL head. He has lots of potential, but he needs some seasoning. If Boedker goes down, Lepisto definitely goes down.

SniperHF 12-14-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yakko (Post 22642699)
I completely agree with what you said, except I don't see any question about what to do when the defense is healthy. If Lepisto is waiver exempt, send him down. Vandermeer has been every bit the stalwart I expected and far better at handling and passing the puck up ice than I ever expected. Vandermeer is 29 years old and plays every trick in the book like a guy that has been around even longer than that. Lepisto has NHL hands, but he doesn't have an NHL head. He has lots of potential, but he needs some seasoning. If Boedker goes down, Lepisto definitely goes down.

That is one area I am not clear on. I assumed Lepisto could not go back down but I'm not a contract/cba expert so I don't really know for sure.

I would agree that Vandermeer is the logical choice but he has been a healthy scratch so that leads me to believe it is not a slam dunk (maybe 85%?). Vandermeer is a relatively highly paid player on this team too and he does not have an expiring contract like Aucoin. Right now the team has 7 D on the roster though so even if Lepisto is the man out he's still going to hang around for a while and after Schlemko goes to SA.

yakko 12-14-2009 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 22642772)
That is one area I am not clear on. I assumed Lepisto could not go back down but I'm not a contract/cba expert so I don't really know for sure.

You and me both. I wasn't trying to imply I knew the answer when I said "If Lepisto is waiver exempt" because I don't know.

Kaibur 12-14-2009 06:27 AM

On the HF top 20 Yotes prospects from before the season started, it stated that Lepisto is on a one-way deal, but that he is waiver exempt and could be sent down. To be honest, I didn't think he'd get as much time for the year as he's gotten so far.

Colt45Blast 12-14-2009 07:49 AM

So now begins another critical road trip with the Cold Wings, Make Beliefs, Roasted Ducks and so fourth. Talk about a lot of miles for this trip!
I hope they get all the rest need for this.

FutureGM97 12-14-2009 08:28 AM

Another tough game...despite the injuries these are the Detroit Red Wings. Nick Lidstrom has been a Coyote killer recently. Lets get em boys.

wpgyotes 12-14-2009 09:03 AM

Schlemko and Lepisto have shown their immaturity at times, and both are undersized, but they've really been a big boost considering our injuries. I'd be comfortable with either one of them paired up with Sauer, but I'd edge towards Schlemko because of his offensive instincts. He'd have more freedom to jump into the play paired up with Kurt.

Jovo - Michalek
Aucoin - Yandle
Sauer - Schlemko
Vandermeer

Oh, and as for tonight's game, I think the Wings are still ripe for the picking. Bertuzzi is leading the way for them offensively of late, and that can't possibly keep up can it? I don't make score predictions, but I know this four-games-in-six-nights road trip will set the tone for the rest of this busy month.

mouser 12-14-2009 10:30 AM

Lepisto can currently be sent down without waivers. He is considered a 23 year old signee, giving him 3 seasons of waiver exemption or 60 NHL games. This is his 3rd and final exempt season and he currently has 43 NHL games under his belt.

MP 12-14-2009 11:54 AM

Don't let the numbers fool you--the Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom line has been dangerous every time it's on the ice, and those players are more than capable of taking over the game. Bertuzzi is on a hot streak. Draper's line has been forechecking really well.

This isn't going to be an easy one. The Wings have had to win the ugly way recently, and they're beginning to make the adjustment to a scrappier, lower-scoring style of game. Their PK has been fantastic. Jimmy Howard has been excellent in goal, and I'd expect him to start tonight. Both teams really have their work cut out for them.

Sindiggy 12-14-2009 12:14 PM

Lets hope the boys bring their "A" game tonight for the entire 60 minutes.

Piokinen 12-14-2009 02:48 PM

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091...h-wrist-injury

Helm ist out for tonight. Newbury called up.

SR 12-14-2009 02:55 PM

Anyone know what the lines will look like tonight?

ducky 12-14-2009 03:04 PM

Here's to Doan with a 2 goal game!

And a Yotes win.

knowsthegame 12-14-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ducky (Post 22649026)
Here's to Doan with a 2 goal game!

And a Yotes win.

One for Mueller would be nice too!
How about 3-1 Yotes

Dolemite 12-14-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR17 (Post 22648836)

I would imagine that they would be the same. I'm betting that Vandermeer will sit tonight for his boneheaded penalty that ended Bryzgalov's shutout against the Sharks.

Piokinen 12-14-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR17 (Post 22648836)

I expect to see:

Forwards unchanged to last game

Doan - Lang - Pyatt
Mueller - Lombardi - Upshall
Prucha - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Winnik - Fiddler

Jovanovski - Michalek
Aucoin - Vandermeer/Lepisto/Schlemko
Lepisto/Schlemko - Yandle

Bryz in net

Ecpect one of Lepisto/Schlemko/Vandermeer to sit due to Jovos return.

Edit: Mueller is not double shiftig :D ;)

Mayo Taco Monday 12-14-2009 03:18 PM

can we start using these photos in the GDT's. I think they describe our teams makeup quite nicely.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...f15bd3b444.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...cheesedog1.jpg

AnalogMan 12-14-2009 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotrek (Post 22649319)
I expect to see:

Forwards unchanged to last game

Doan - Lang - Pyatt
Mueller - Lombardi - Upshall
Prucha - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Winnik - Fiddler

Jovanovski - Michalek
Aucoin - Vandermeer/Lepisto/Schlemko
Lepisto/Schlemko - Yandle

Bryz in net

Ecpect one of Lepisto/Schlemko/Vandermeer to sit due to Jovos return.

Think that's what you meant, unless Petey pulling double duty tonight. ;)

FutureGM97 12-14-2009 03:57 PM

I'm pumped! LETS GO COYOTES!

mouser 12-14-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday (Post 22649328)
can we start using these photos in the GDT's. I think they describe our teams makeup quite nicely.

Talk about having a bad hair day ;)

Dolemite 12-14-2009 06:27 PM

Pregame!

http://coyotes.azvibe.com/2009/12/14...wings-preview/