HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Should we have won 5-1? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71436)

Gazou 04-16-2004 07:35 PM

Should we have won 5-1?

I'm saying that only because I think being embarrassed 5-1 at home might have been the wake up call for Boston. I expect them to come harder next game and I expect raycroft to be solid...during the season he had a couple of games like last night and rebounded really well the next game...eg the last game of the season.

I hope the Habs will be ready and won't think already about game 7 because they might be surprised and absolutely nothing has been won yet. I hear too many fan thinking that we already eliminated Boston when they still hold a 3-2 lead in the series.

Any thoughts?

Howie Morenz 04-16-2004 07:39 PM

If anything we may have some momentum. But momentum doesn't score goals. We just have to keep it simple and play like we have been the last 3 games. Ribs line has to have a good game.

Moumni_Bachir 04-16-2004 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazou
I'm saying that only because I think being embarrassed 5-1 at home might have been the wake up call for Boston. I expect them to come harder next game and I expect raycroft to be solid...during the season he had a couple of games like last night and rebounded really well the next game...eg the last game of the season.

I hope the Habs will be ready and won't think already about game 7 because they might be surprised and absolutely nothing has been won yet. I hear too many fan thinking that we already eliminated Boston when they still hold a 3-2 lead in the series.

Any thoughts?

I totally agree that we shouldn't focus on the seventh game, every Montreal fans are already in game 7 and we should focus on the next game that is game 6 and shut our mouth before we won it.

H3ro 04-16-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Any thoughts?

Good point, but what about the confidence Raycroft lost in this game? It can go both way.

Anksun 04-16-2004 07:53 PM

Next game is going to be hard.

But for the 5-1 thing, i'll say we have complete this game in a PERFECT way and i'll try to be clear.

Do anyone here realize that after been up by 4 goals with about 5 minutes to go!! The intensity of the game have drop considerably, the hits have drops and almost all cheap shots that could have occur have not. This relatively inexperience team could very well have try to add the 6th goal and i would say very LITTLE would have been need to put the fire at some bruins players and give them back some momentum or at least bad feeling about the habs... Would we have came close to Raycroft again after the whistle, this could have result in fights and all...

But nothing happen, We actually came out of BOSTON in a game5 by winning 5-1 and playing the last 5 minutes of the game like an exhibition game... This was Huge, would we have try harder and used more our 1st line, they would came out Hungry for game6. But nope, we actually used Langdon line after the 5th goal in a preventive way.

Perhaps the Bruins will come up strong in game 6, but We will still be the hungry team imo as we have find a way to take the 5th one and keep momentum on our side. We'll see.

David 04-16-2004 08:21 PM

Quote:

I was actually thinking that it would have been better if we had won in a tight 1 goal game instead of a blow out. You can see that way too many people are getting caught up in the excitement and being over confident. I just hope that the players are NOT so easily swayed by emotion.

CH really has to come out strong tomorrow and if possible get an early lead like they did in game 5 and be mentally prepared for game 6. It's a fine line between winning and losing this time of the year.

Just my thoughts...

Brisson11 04-16-2004 08:23 PM

I think Habs will play just as good as game 5. I don't think boston will have an edge from that game, IMO. Can't wait for the game. I BELIEVED, BELIEVE, AND WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE!

benji 04-16-2004 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3ro
Good point, but what about the confidence Raycroft lost in this game? It can go both way.

That's what I'm thinking. If anything, a young goaltender like Raycroft may have lost confidence. Think 2 years ago when Carolina won 5-1 in game 5 vs Theodore. We all know what happened next.....:'(

Mooch 04-16-2004 08:47 PM

The key: series

Take it one game at a time.

To win: next game

We must come out really hard and get that first goal. Coming out hard shouldnt be a problem on home ice with the crowd.

I think we may have got to Raycroft, but you never know, this guy is very strong mentally. I also think big Joe is becoming more and more frustrated. Most importantly however, Theo has the fire in his eyes we havent seen in a while!

tinyzombies 04-16-2004 09:01 PM

Quote:

Any thoughts?

After all they've been through in the series, and the unpredictability of the refs, I doubt very much anyone on the Canadiens would look past this game.

HabsBaby18* 04-16-2004 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raketheleaves
After all they've been through in the series, and the unpredictability of the refs, I doubt very much anyone on the Canadiens would look past this game.

Avec théo reveillé , on s'en fout comment ils vont venir ... avant théodore = Théo DORT , maintenant yé reveillé pis pour de bon ! j'espere juste que il va etre resté reveillé et non pas juste quand on tombe au bord du goufre ;)

CH Wizard 04-16-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir
I totally agree that we shouldn't focus on the seventh game, every Montreal fans are already in game 7 and we should focus on the next game that is game 6 and shut our mouth before we won it.

Agree

Heavy D 04-17-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3ro

You're right. Hopefully Raycroft lost a bit of confidence. But also, the Habs needed to realize that they could score on this guy. Furthermore, that they could score on the powerplay and put a game out of reach. Notice that Julien took a time out when he got the 5 on 3 in order to put the Bruins away. Very smart move imo. Finally, I think it was important for Theo to realize that he could outplay Raycroft who had been dynamite up to game 5.

Mooch 04-17-2004 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moumni_Bachir

Agreed M_B, one game at a time is the way to go. We cant get to far ahead!

tritone 04-17-2004 09:51 AM

Tough call. I was worried about the same thing. I thought to myself that maybe this will get the bruins a little miffed and fire them up. But they looked a little dis-spirited . I think the Bruins have that feeling like "oh no , here we go again" .
Theo will be the difference. We've outplayed the B's in every game except game 1 .
Theo let inj some very weak goals in 2,3,4 ....But looked for the most part steady in 5 . Let's pray He's bringing it to game 6 .
Don Cherry said on coach's corner " i don't like the look in Theo's eye, he's dangerous now" ....I know everybody thinks Cherry is an idiot but he does have a certain amount of experience being beaten by HABS hehe.

GO HABS GO !!!!!!! GAME 6 ON!

YEMELIN74 04-17-2004 10:09 AM

the bruins will probably play as good as they did in game 5.... unless raycroft as a good game the bruins will probably loose this game by a big margin...

i really don't think that the bruins can win here in montreal... unless raycroft as the same performance that he had in game 4th... wich i doubt from a rookie who probably lost a lot of confidence in game 5th last thursday

but who knows...

one thing for sure... the habs won't play a bad game

Dutchy 04-17-2004 10:19 AM

You can't ask your offence to hold back. We just finally managed to beat one of the hottest goalie around, I say keep on banging in goals. What ever would have happened in that game, in the event of a Montreal win, Boston would come back hungry. We beated them on their own turf, end of story. That's what hurts.

Sullivan hasn't been happy of his boys' work in the last few games, and the effort they gave Thursday night wasn't any better. He's just as pissed as he would have been if we would have won 2-1 because of two things.

1. The Bs wanted to win at home, in front of their fans. Now they have to face an angry mob in Montreal.

2. The team knows it has to play better than they did against Montreal if they want to win the series and the SC. I don't think the 5-1 loss was the wake up call. The way this series is going is more likely to be it.