HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Question (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71438)

tnq 04-16-2004 07:48 PM

Question
 
i am righter and i shot from right, my friends are righter too but they shot from left. Hmmm, how about you :)

Anksun 04-16-2004 07:54 PM

I'm a left-hand man, I shoot Right.

Perez Rocks!! 04-16-2004 08:09 PM

i am a righter and i shot from the right too

welcome in the club lol

Breenger 04-16-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perez Rocks!!
i am a righter and i shot from the right too

welcome in the club lol

I'm a righty who shoots right too. Does anyone know why so many people switch up? It would also be interesting to know how many NHLers shoot the same side as they write. :dunno:

Brisson11 04-16-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anksun
I'm a left-hand man, I shoot Right.

Me too. I was a bit confused by the question at first because of all the "righter" words :)

didjuicythat 04-16-2004 08:32 PM

I'm a right-hand man and I shoot right.

furax 04-16-2004 08:34 PM

I'm a right-hand who shoots left....

benji 04-16-2004 08:36 PM

What about golf? I find it strange that it's about 50/50 when you talk about right/left handed hockey players, but rightys totally dominate the golf courses. Personnaly, I'm a left handed hockey player who shoots left in golf. And i write with my right.

Mooch 04-16-2004 08:39 PM

Right handed, shoot Right!

My brothers right handed and he shoots left- Hes wierd :D

not quite yoda 04-16-2004 09:19 PM

I write right, shoot left and bat left.

I find the weird people are those who shoot left and bat right. Or vice-versa.

:jump:

CH Wizard 04-16-2004 10:48 PM

I am like Furax I am a righter but i shoot left and guys I have a very good wrist shot OH MY GOD when i saw Ryder i think 2 seconds and i am playing the same type of play of ryder you know dont afraid of body checks ,excellent wrist shot guys if you need a sniper send me a message that was just a description of me because i am a new member i have 13 years old i am born the 25 june and i am a very big fans of the HABS the best of luck for Saturday :yo: :yo:

Vicious 04-16-2004 10:51 PM

I'm a righty and I shoot left, I also hit (baseball) left.. I throw/catch right.

eddy 04-16-2004 11:04 PM

I'm a righty and shoot right. My rights pretty much dominate for all sports I think.

Cayouche5 04-16-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furax
I'm a right-hand who shoots left....

same here

Mooch 04-16-2004 11:06 PM

You righties who shoot left are weird :loony:

:D

Gainey RULZ 04-16-2004 11:07 PM

I'm a right-hand man and I shoot left... :speechles

Jon 04-16-2004 11:09 PM

This is a good question, righty vs lefty, I read an article once where it said that the majority of the people's top hand is their most dominate hand because it never leaves the stick and this usually determines which way you shoot. There are of course always exceptions to the rule but it said that the majority of hockey players shoot left because there are more right handed people.

This was an old article so things might have changed, but I think the 1972 Russian team were all left handed shots? There was a reference to how they determined who would play their wrong side (ie. right wing, shooting left handed). They choose the players who shot opposite to the way they write, apparently it's a European thing?

Anyways, I'm right handed, shoot left in hockey & golf, and I bat left. My brother-in-law is really weird, he writes left, throws right, bats left, shoots left, golfs right.

Mooch 04-16-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
This is a good question, righty vs lefty, I read an article once where it said that the majority of the people's top hand is their most dominate hand because it never leaves the stick and this usually determines which way you shoot. There are of course always exceptions to the rule but it said that the majority of hockey players shoot left because there are more right handed people.

This was an old article so things might have changed, but I think the 1972 Russian team were all left handed shots? There was a reference to how they determined who would play their wrong side (ie. right wing, shooting left handed). They choose the players who shot opposite to the way they write, apparently it's a European thing?

Anyways, I'm right handed, shoot left in hockey & golf, and I bat left. My brother-in-law is really weird, he writes left, throws right, bats left, shoots left, golfs right.

Ahhhhh, finally some well documented and scientific information!

Blackshad 04-16-2004 11:47 PM

I write right
shoot left
bat right
golf right
wtf

CH Wizard 04-16-2004 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
I write right
shoot left
bat right
golf right
wtf

man me too i shoot left,bat right,golf right

Orange 04-17-2004 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
I write right
shoot left
bat right
golf right
wtf

Although they're all sticks, the way you hold each one greatly influences balance, which would explain the differences.

I'm part of the majority ... Righty that shoots left ! I poorly bat from both sides tho :joker:

furax 04-17-2004 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
I write right
shoot left
bat right
golf right
wtf


same here...... but im really bad at golf :cry:

Natural Habs Fan 04-17-2004 01:11 AM

I'm right handed...

shoot left
bat either way
golf either way
throw right

It's funny, I can play golf & baseball either way, but I can't shoot right in hockey for the life of me, I can barely even get a shot off.

tritone 04-17-2004 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnq
i am righter and i shot from right, my friends are righter too but they shot from left. Hmmm, how about you :)

My three brothers and I are ALL right-handed and ALL shoot left.
One of them bats right , go figure. Ahhh baseball doesn't count anyway, it's not a real sport :joker:
yes the joker is there before somebody gets all pissy about my baseball crack.

Howie Morenz 04-17-2004 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gainey RULZ
I'm a right-hand man and I shoot left... :speechles


Same here. :banana:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.