HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Sam Stop Whining! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=714673)

NikC 12-15-2009 11:24 AM

Sam Stop Whining!

I counted at least a half dozen times or more of instances of Sam
whining about the NYR inability to score more than two goals.

I mean enough is enough now, we get it! Do you have to keep harping on it after every missed chance? It's bad enough we've got bear the excruciatingly painful Michelletti who continues to elaborate on the most mundanely obvious facts of Hockey each night.

NyRangers88 12-15-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikC (Post 22669019)
I counted at least a half dozen times or more of instances of Sam
whining about the NYR inability to score more than two goals.

I mean enough is enough now, we get it! Do you have to keep harping on it after every missed chance? It's bad enough we've got bear the excruciatingly painful Michelletti who continues to elaborate on the most mundanely obvious facts of Hockey each night.

Well is he wrong?

Sam is Ranger fan who is just as fustrated as all of us.

Bluenote13 12-15-2009 11:32 AM

Now poor Sam is feeling the fans wrath :laugh:

Feels like the early part of this decade all over again.......

NikC 12-15-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 22669114)
Well is he wrong?

Sam is Ranger fan who is just as fustrated as all of us.

yea well, that's fine if he's sitting at home on his coach. Not live in the booth at msg. Mention it one or twice ok, you can't avoid it, but him and Joe mentioned it all game long...

not too professional, and very annoying.

BlueShirts702 12-15-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 22669136)
Now poor Sam is feeling the fans wrath :laugh:

Feels like the early part of this decade all over again.......

Ugh please don't bring this up. God, the early part of the decade was bruuuuuuuutal. (has visions of Val Kamensky)

NyRangers88 12-15-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikC (Post 22669181)
yea well, that's fine if he's sitting at home on his coach. Not live in the booth at msg. Mention it one or twice ok, you can't avoid it, but him and Joe mentioned it all game long...

Then mute the TV if you dont like;)

I enjoy Sam and Joe very much.

Whoot Whoot 12-15-2009 11:39 AM

So you come here to whine about it ? Give me a break.

NikC 12-15-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 22669259)

some don't mind Moe and Larry in the booth :sarcasm:

others expect a little more.

Chimp 12-15-2009 11:40 AM

What should he do instead?

*Discuss how neutered, invisible and useless Sean Avery has become?
*How Chris Higgins is incapable of hitting a barn even if he took a shot inside it?
*How Kotalik is one of the most one dimensional players - he has a slapshot, that's it - to ever wear a Rangers jersey?
*How Chris "this won't ruin my weekend" Dreary can still glide under the fan and media radar despite being a very, very, very, very well paid (but one of the league's best!) 4th liners? Had he been *European he would've been drowned in the Atlantic by now.
*How Michal Rozsival fell from at least being a - for the most part - servicable defenseman to the most overpaid and useless defenseman we have on the team?

Naw, that's for the game studio to discuss. Sam can't just sit there and pull his hair; it hurts, he has none and it doesn't show in TV, he has to say how disgusted he is by this pathetic team.

Trxjw 12-15-2009 11:42 AM

I don't see what the big deal is. It's like someone is reading HFBoards aloud to me.

ECL 12-15-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trxjw (Post 22669375)
I don't see what the big deal is. It's like someone is reading HFBoards aloud to me.

LOL!!

I Am Chariot 12-15-2009 11:46 AM

at least he gets paid to watch the games.... but still it has to get frustrating from the booth as well....

KreiMeARiver* 12-15-2009 11:47 AM

I don't think anyone should get on Sam for calling out the team. Should he be a Michael Kay-esque homer in the booth? Kay is unwatchable, and I'm a Yankee fan.

Now if you were to call out his sidekick, Captain Proletariat (Michelobetti), I'd be all ears.

czechmate25 12-15-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRangers88 (Post 22669259)

I could do without Joe but I think Sam is one of the best in the business.

OverTheCap 12-15-2009 11:59 AM

Anything that comes out of Sam's mouth is far less irritating than Joe's tendency to end every sentence in a question ("Isn't he, Sam?") and mention that "____ is having a strong game."

Garv23 12-15-2009 12:39 PM

No whining can match the ridiculous amount that heaps up in one of those GDT's. Those things make me glad that this place is like 1% of the actual fan base.

Sam is fine by me, even if he frowns upon a good fight ;)

wa2k99 12-15-2009 12:43 PM

Leave Sam alone

NYRangers84 12-15-2009 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverTheCap (Post 22669678)
Anything that comes out of Sam's mouth is far less irritating than Joe's tendency to end every sentence in a question ("Isn't he, Sam?") and mention that "____ is having a strong game."

And also "He's just so big and strong, isn't he Sam?" :laugh:

Radek27 12-15-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wa2k99 (Post 22670577)
Leave Sam alone

Seriously, the guy is as big of a Ranger fan as anyone on here so I think he has the right to ***** when the team can't score more than 2 goals in thier last 20 games. Fans wanna know why the team is struggling, thats his job to tell it like it is. I would LOVE to hear what Sam says when the camera is off.

LamoTheKid 12-15-2009 01:07 PM

I wish it was still him and JD in the booth.

Also, it means I dont have to open my laptop during a game, he cannels this board.

Honestly though, the guys just telling the truth and I rather like that. I just wish he'd say they should fire Sather.

SomE 12-15-2009 01:07 PM

Ya it's almost as annoying as threads like these. Sam Rosen is the least of the Rangers problems in the organization.

chosen 12-15-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikC (Post 22669181)

You're right. He should be seeing no evil like JD did for the last 3 or 4 seasons he was here. Bring back announcers with blinders on.

LamoTheKid 12-15-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomE (Post 22671080)
Ya it's almost as annoying as threads like these. Sam Rosen is the least of the Rangers problems in the organization.

Actually, its Joe's NMC thats really hindering the broadcast team from making moves that will give us more goals.

True story.

WhipNash27 12-15-2009 01:10 PM

Let's be honest, Sam probably thinks the same things that we do, he just can't say them on TV. The only jabs he's allowed to get in are the ones like "the Rangers can't score more than two goals." Leave the man alone.

Garv23 12-15-2009 01:18 PM

I've actually met him a few times. He's a real good dude. I have a landscape business and work mostly in the town he's from. I've bumped into him at gas stations and deli's. The guy is very passionate about the Rangers and will always give up some of his time to chat.