HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Foot pain with CCM Vector 10's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=715240)

GScott 12-16-2009 04:02 PM

Foot pain with CCM Vector 10's

A few years ago I signed up for a skating class to learn hockey. I went to my LHS and had alot of problems finding a good skate. After trying on almost every skate available I settled on the CCM Vector 10's. Problem was after 5 minutes the bottoms of my feet hurt so bad I had to keep taking breaks. I tried the grey Superfeet insoles and they helped a little but the pain still sucked. Because of this I put skating and hockey on the back burner.

Now I want to get back into it. Problem is I still have the issue with foot pain. I recall a new version of the Vector 10's was coming out with a moldable gel footbed or something similar. Did that ever pan out? If so would it be something that I could purchase for my skates?

If not has anything come out over the last 2 years I should look at?

thedoc1019 12-16-2009 08:57 PM

your skates probably have to be broken in if their still like new unless you got them baked

Ragss 12-16-2009 09:17 PM

I've had this same problem my whole life. Its an intense, aching pain all along the bottom of my feet. Made me quit hockey when I was 11 because I couldn't enjoy it due to the excruciating pain. Last year at the age of 21 started playing again with the same intense pain. I find the first skate of the season is the worst, after one of my first games last year I had to sit in the locker room for about 10 minutes before I could put any weight on my feet. As it stands i just put up with it. It really sucks, but at this point its worth it.

I really have no idea what causes this pain. The only other thing that does the same thing is ski boots. I remember waiting in line at a ski lift in Marmot just about ready to kill myself, and when I finally got to sit down on the lift it was pure euphoria, like a damned orgasm in my feet.

My main theory is that I need wider skates. When I started playing again last year I also took up goaltending and found some EE width goalie skates for cheap and it seems like they cause a lot less pain.

cptjeff 12-16-2009 10:25 PM

Your skates don't fit.

Ragss 12-17-2009 02:47 AM

If thats true than I've never worn a pair of skates or ski boots that remotely fit.

izzy3 12-17-2009 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragss (Post 22702684)
My main theory is that I need wider skates.

That's the reason. I've been through a lot of makes until I realized I just need a wider boot.

GScott 12-17-2009 09:15 AM

My skates were fitted and baked. I didn't have any pain in the shop. I skated in them for at least a dozen skating classes. It's not like arch pain. It's along the entire bottom of my foot. I was able to reproduce the pain last night doing calf raises (toes to heel).

I may give the Superfeet yellows a try. Anyone done a comparison between the newer yellows and the older gray version?