HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Franson Returns to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=715290)

worstfaceoffmanever 12-16-2009 06:17 PM

Franson Returns to Nashville

Make up your minds!

jstreet 12-16-2009 06:49 PM

who is hurt? Surely they cant be sitting Sulzer already, he's been pretty good

predfan98 12-16-2009 07:01 PM

we don't know who is banged up, etc............this is a tough stretch of games. i think we're just carrying 7 dmen.

utmfisher19 12-16-2009 08:17 PM

did ya think that the call-down was to get him some games in?

Paranoid Android 12-16-2009 09:13 PM

Franson notched 3 assists in 2 games during his stint. Admirals won both games (away games)

barrytrotzsneck 12-16-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 22697702)
who is hurt? Surely they cant be sitting Sulzer already, he's been pretty good

I haven't been impressed. He's just sort of...there. He's not making BAD plays, but he's not really making good plays either. I'm team Franson, for now.

I don't have a basis for saying so, but I think we're going to be trading one of them in the near future in a package for scoring help. We'll see how it shakes out.

Imiss47 12-16-2009 10:53 PM

Good to see. I thought he was playing really well before being sent down and was confused when it happened. Leads all preds Dmen in plus minus despite being a guy who's willing to step into the rush at any time. He takes some chances but I think he makes up for it with his long reach and his physical play has surprised me a little bit also. Not going to make any big hits but he uses his size well I think.

To be honest I think I would rather see Franson and Sulzer paired together again and Klein a healthy scratch. Maybe it's just me but the guy just doesn't look like he's trying out there sometimes...

Seth Lake 12-16-2009 11:06 PM

This was planned all the way around. No one is hurt, nor has anyone been under-performing leading to this recall.

Sulzer had been playing well in his games in Milwaukee and the Preds wanted to get him in some NHL time before they "really needed to" (due to injury or whatnot). Franson had admittedly gotten a little too cute with some areas of his game and this allowed him to continue to get ice time and go to Milwaukee with specific goals to work on and the knowledge that he could keep his game simple and focus on a few areas without the fear of not getting recalled.

With the team in Western Canada they are carrying 7 defensemen and an extra forward "just in case". Scatchard is battling a nagging injury and Spaling's versatility allows the Preds the flexibility to scratch either a wing or a center and not miss a beat.

Pretty good roster management IMO...

goalscorer 12-17-2009 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck (Post 22704076)
I don't have a basis for saying so, but I think we're going to be trading one of them in the near future in a package for scoring help. We'll see how it shakes out.

I have the same feeling and hope it works out for us. I hope Klein is a part of that package as well. Lets get a sniper and another inexpensive vet (ie The cube) to play with Franson until Blum and Ellis mature their games.

barrytrotzsneck 12-17-2009 05:56 AM

Klein is frustrating at times, but not any more so than Hamhuis...but the fact remains that we really can't afford to trade either of them. Neither Sulzer nor Franson has shown that they're ready for 20+ minutes a night.

jstreet 12-17-2009 10:38 AM

I agree, Klein gets away with horrible play because at least once a game he will step up and make a great offensive play when we need it. Id love to see Franson or Sulzer take his place for at least a game to see what happens

utmfisher19 12-17-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 22709691)
I agree, Klein gets away with horrible play because at least once a game he will step up and make a great offensive play when we need it. Id love to see Franson or Sulzer take his place for at least a game to see what happens

sometimes you have to take risks to make things happen... but one would prefer that they are calculated risks.

jlaroy 12-18-2009 01:33 PM

Franson was sent down for financial reasons, doesn't make too much sense but that's the story I got.