HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Duco and Mac Up.. Ellerby, Taffe, and Repik down (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=716567)

keithLGA 12-20-2009 11:20 AM

Duco and Mac Up.. Ellerby, Taffe, and Repik down

There's more Panthers news about player moves than anything else! I was surprised that Tarnasky wasnt called back up in place of Duco.

Dread Clawz 12-20-2009 11:32 AM

Why the hell won't they give Ellerby a chance.:shakehead And sending down Repik in favor of Duco is just stupid, Philly or not.

Panteras 12-20-2009 11:34 AM

i knew it, i said it in another thread, big mac and duco should be called up for facing philly...finally deboer realizes that we need the physical aspect in our game vs the flyers

ohhh richard's gonna get it now :toothless

Panteras 12-20-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 22764754)
Why the hell won't they give Ellerby a chance.:shakehead And sending down Repik in favor of Duco is just stupid, Philly or not.

i'm pretty sure he'll be up for the next games, this philly game is just so that we don't get pushed around...i mean they got that hedgehog carcillo who doesn't stop harassing opposing players, among other players who are pretty tough, all i know is it might get ugly tomorrow and we need our bullies too, since i predict this matchup will be won by whoever wins the physical side

sinDer 12-20-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 22764776)

ohhh richard's gonna get it now :toothless

Yeah...I'm sure he won't be able to sleep tonight

:sarcasm:

Laus723 12-20-2009 11:41 AM

:shakehead Repik shouldn't have been sent back. At least he knows what he has in Repik, hoping he keeps working.

Panteras 12-20-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinDer (Post 22764817)
Yeah...I'm sure he won't be able to sleep tonight

:sarcasm:

maybe, but if you don't think he doesn't have that thought on the back of his head that he is facing the team which lost its star player with a nasty concussion thanks to him and which just called up 2 tough ****ing guys specially 1 of them who is nothing but a fighter which seems specifically for this game...hey i wouldn't lose any sleep either :sarcasm:

Dread Clawz 12-20-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 22764810)
i'm pretty sure he'll be up for the next games, this philly game is just so that we don't get pushed around...i mean they got that hedgehog carcillo who doesn't stop harassing opposing players, among other players who are pretty tough, all i know is it might get ugly tomorrow and we need our bullies too, since i predict this matchup will be won by whoever wins the physical side

Yeah, but we need to score too though.

Laus723 12-20-2009 11:46 AM

While it's nice to have the grit up, who is Duco going to fight on the Flyers and beat? They have Cote, Asham, Carcillo, and Laperierre.

Panteras 12-20-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 22764880)
Yeah, but we need to score too though.

dude it was repik being sent down, not weiss...no big deal, unless you think we lose all our scoring capabilities by sending him down?

Panteras 12-20-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 22764905)
While it's nice to have the grit up, who is Duco going to fight on the Flyers and beat? They have Cote, Asham, Carcillo, and Laperierre.

he can fight asham and laperierre in my opinion...big mac is for the other guys

angry_treefrog 12-20-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Fighting doesn't win games. Hitting wins games.

Laus723 12-20-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 22764948)
he can fight asham and laperierre in my opinion...big mac is for the other guys

Both those guys will beat his ass. Would rather have Repik still here, without question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 22764954)

These days, hitting leads to fighting. ;)

Panteras 12-20-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 22764977)
Both those guys will beat his ass. Would rather have Repik still here, without question.

ok nostradamus whatever you say....by the way weren't you a big supporter of duco? and also of bringing mac up?

J17 Vs Proclamation 12-20-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 22764954)

Hitting doesn't win game. Scoring more goals than the other team wins games.

On a side note, im a maverick.

Boooooth10 12-20-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

I'm guessing they're going to use him to draw penalties, not for fighting.

angry_treefrog 12-20-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laus723 (Post 22764977)

Used to.

Now it just leads to guys skating away thanks to the instigator rule.

sabrefan27 12-20-2009 12:05 PM

Funny, Duco was called out by Groulx 2 days ago in the paper for needing to step his game up. He praised Ellerby, but I think Ellerby has been very weak the last month. Still makes dumb decisions, and tries to do too much.

Panteras 12-20-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 22765092)

well that's the obvious...the less obvious is how intimidating your rival will get you better chances of winning

keithLGA 12-20-2009 12:07 PM

There's a reason we joke around calling Ellerby the next Wayne Gretzky!

angry_treefrog 12-20-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation (Post 22765092)

Hitting affects the outcome of the game. The team that gets beaten up on the ice often gets beaten on the scoreboard.

You don't have to win all of the battles. You don't need to win most of the battles. You do need to keep it close if you want to win.

sabrefan27 12-20-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithLGA (Post 22765137)
There's a reason we joke around calling Ellerby the next Wayne Gretzky!

Yeah when he's out there I call him Wayne. Ever since he scored a hat trick he seems to think he can do it all.

J17 Vs Proclamation 12-20-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 22765158)
Hitting affects the outcome of the game. The team that gets beaten up on the ice often gets beaten on the scoreboard.

You don't have to win all of the battles. You don't need to win most of the battles. You do need to keep it close if you want to win.

Note to self :

All Florida Panther fans need to purchase a sarcasm detector, and do not possess the ability to see pedantry when being pedantic themselves.

Philly are a dangerous team, but i watched them against the Rangers yesterday, and a) Dull game b) they were not very good. Lundqvist bailed out the Rangers a few times, but i certainly wasn't impressed by the Flyers. Its still unrealistic to expect the Flyers to miss the playoffs with the roster they have, thus i still do not think they are eventual competitors with us for a playoff spot.

Laus723 12-20-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 22765038)
ok nostradamus whatever you say....by the way weren't you a big supporter of duco? and also of bringing mac up?

No, I wasn't a big supporter of his. I like him, love his grit, but Asham and Lappy are two good fighters, I haven't seen Duco fight a guy like them. Oh, and relax.

Dread Clawz 12-20-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panteras (Post 22764921)
dude it was repik being sent down, not weiss...no big deal, unless you think we lose all our scoring capabilities by sending him down?

In case you haven't noticed, we have trouble scoring sometimes. Every little bit helps. At least with Repik in the lineup there's a chance he contributes offensively. With Duco, there's almost no chance.