HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   OT: CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part V (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=716690)

Samkow 12-20-2009 07:35 PM

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part V
 
Mangini has a plan and is a proven winner. I wish the Browns had the patience I did.

skimp 12-20-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 22770744)
Mangini has a plan and is a proven winner. I wish the Browns had the patience I did.

Odd. I can't seem to find a picture of Mangini holding the Stanley Cup.

Happy Pony 12-20-2009 07:40 PM

From the old thread..
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidAcbj (Post 22768041)
I meant it as a hypothetical IF any Ohio MAC team was ever considered. Oh and BG almost knocked off OSU last year in basketball. Wasnt saying there is a chance though. I'm not that clueless.

I will never going to admit that their academics are **** though. There's a lot of good programs and some great professors. Its definitely not the best in the state but to exaggerate like that is just untrue.

Fair enough. I went to BG for 2 and a half years. I would agree with you that there are some good programs (not "a lot", as you say) and some great professors however I'd say both are in the minority. That is, there's more below average professors and below average programs than there are above average professors and programs. Nearly all the people at the university are very nice and good people, just not the best out there.

As a relatively small school in a tiny town 5 miles from BFE, such is life.

Matthew 12-20-2009 07:43 PM

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9543/hopeuz.jpg

:shakehead
:shakehead
:shakehead
:shakehead

Timeless Winter 12-20-2009 07:58 PM

Fire Hitch, hire Mangini.

Feicht 12-20-2009 08:25 PM

(From the old thread)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidAcbj
I will never going to admit that their academics are **** though. There's a lot of good programs and some great professors. Its definitely not the best in the state but to exaggerate like that is just untrue.

There are great professors at BG, to be sure. But there are great professors everywhere. ;) My point was that if they didn't spend so many dollars on the sports programs, we'd have twice as many of them :) It is truly depressing to see how much of a drain it is on so many of the departments, which could be really great if the money earmarked for sports went to academics.

Don't get me wrong, I like sports (obviously ;)) I'm just not 100% convinced they should be mixed with universities in the way they are in the US. The business model that may work for OSU simply doesn't for 90% of the other universities around.

MattTheMask 12-21-2009 10:48 AM

Unfortunately I think Mangini has bought himself another year with these last couple weeks.

anteater90 12-21-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattTheMask (Post 22777829)
Unfortunately I think Mangini has bought himself another year with these last couple weeks.

GO MANGINI!!!!!!!

Timeless Winter 12-21-2009 06:20 PM

Mike Holmgren agrees to become Browns President.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Jaxs 12-21-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 22784572)
Mike Holmgren agrees to become Browns President.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

His wife is gonna take a frying pan to his head.

Double-Shift Lassť 12-21-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 22784572)
Mike Holmgren agrees to become Browns President.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines

Sounds like he ikntends to replace Mangini. I gotta say (and not in a fascetious, Steeler-fan way) that I think it would be a mistake.

kidAcbj 12-21-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 22789284)
Sounds like he ikntends to replace Mangini. I gotta say (and not in a fascetious, Steeler-fan way) that I think it would be a mistake.

Yea honestly I'm ready to give Mangini another chance. Wouldnt mind seeing what the both of them could do with this team

Samkow 12-26-2009 06:00 PM

Urban Meyer out as football coach at Florida according to sources.

Ohhhh boyyyy. Can't wait too see what caused this.

Timeless Winter 12-26-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 22850025)
Urban Meyer out as football coach at Florida according to sources.

Ohhhh boyyyy. Can't wait too see what caused this.

Holy ****

bluejacket74 12-26-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 22850025)
Urban Meyer out as football coach at Florida according to sources.

Ohhhh boyyyy. Can't wait too see what caused this.

He probably had a heart attack once he finally realized he threw away his chance at the Notre Dame job.

Seriously, I didn't see this coming. Supposedly he's out at UF because of his health. It'll be interesting to see why, I figure the real reason will come out sooner or later.

Samkow 12-26-2009 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejacket74 (Post 22851484)
He probably had a heart attack once he finally realized he threw away his chance at the Notre Dame job.

Seriously, I didn't see this coming. Supposedly he's out at UF because of his health. It'll be interesting to see why, I figure the real reason will come out sooner or later.

Well, Tiger Woods supposedly was just going for a 2am drive a couple weeks ago. :D

I'll be really shocked if something really big doesn't come out of this. Like terminal illness or massive scandal big.

KeithBWhittington 12-26-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejacket74 (Post 22851484)
He probably had a heart attack once he finally realized he threw away his chance at the Notre Dame job.

Seriously, I didn't see this coming. Supposedly he's out at UF because of his health. It'll be interesting to see why, I figure the real reason will come out sooner or later.

No way he's done completely with coaching....

It can't be easy to stay at a job with expectations as high as Florida and be as fiery and passionate as Meyer is... If Tressel is as passionate, its rarely seen.....

Meyer will be back, probably after a year or two away. I think there might be another job he really wants and maybe the coach is on the hot seat and he's just waiting for the other shoe to drop so he can swoop in without having to worry about addressing if he's staying at Florida.

He's won all he can Florida really. 2 national titles in what, 4 years?

bluejacket74 12-26-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 22851592)
Well, Tiger Woods supposedly was just going for a 2am drive a couple weeks ago. :D

I'll be really shocked if something really big doesn't come out of this. Like terminal illness or massive scandal big.

Whatever it is, it has to be pretty bad for him to give up coaching.

Timeless Winter 12-26-2009 07:27 PM

He'll probably take a year or two off and then rebuild another program. It's too boring when you win every year (not that any of us know what that's like).

bluejacket74 12-26-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timeless Winter (Post 22851986)
He'll probably take a year or two off and then rebuild another program. It's too boring when you win every year (not that any of us know what that's like).

He's not leaving UF, he's just taking a leave from coaching and will have a non-coaching position there. But I guess the real reason hasn't been released yet, other than it has something to do with his health.

Edit - Agreed, not that we would know what it's like to win every year.

plong123 12-26-2009 07:45 PM

At least Cincinnati won't be the only team in that game with an interim head coach. Let's get it on!

/playing the Ohio angle

edit: Oh, nevermind, he's stepping down AFTER the bowl game. Dammit

Fro 12-26-2009 07:45 PM

heart valve issue is what's coming from the florida faithful....i wish we still had charlie strong around to hire....

GO GATORS!
In Urban, I Trust

plong123 12-26-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 22852499)
heart valve issue is what's coming from the florida faithful....i wish we still had charlie strong around to hire....

GO GATORS!
In Urban, I Trust

Correction: ESPN reports Strong did NOT sign an actual contract, just a "term sheet", whatever the hell that is. He's not out of the running.

CBJSprague24 12-26-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plong123 (Post 22852487)
At least Cincinnati won't be the only team in that game with an interim head coach. Let's get it on!

/playing the Ohio angle

edit: Oh, nevermind, he's stepping down AFTER the bowl game. Dammit

Still, the Sugar Bowl will be the Battle of the Coachless Teams

CBJNut 12-26-2009 10:47 PM

Kiffin won.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.