HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Pouliot recalled,debut on Wednesday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=716846)

drivefor25 12-10-2009 04:18 PM

Pouliot recalled,debut on Wednesday

According to Habs I/O twitter

Habs assign Benoît Pouliot to Hamilton on a conditioning assignment. Must be nearly ready to go.

My guess is he plays for Habs on Tuesday next week.

Coldplay 12-10-2009 04:19 PM

Change the tile. I got scared for a second, that he was waived or something.

guest1467 12-10-2009 04:22 PM

Smart move...give him a couple games in the AHL to get back into a groove.

Marc the Habs Fan 12-10-2009 04:24 PM

Hamilton only plays on Sunday, then next Tuesday.

Not a lot of games in the next few days for them.

OTOH, Pierre Houde will shut up about them playing every Friday, so that's good.

Myron Gaines* 12-10-2009 04:26 PM

It'll do him good to have a little chat with Boucher. Has to learn how to be a professional.

DDIHH 12-10-2009 04:27 PM

on RDS: http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/287874.html

Shnitzel 12-10-2009 04:34 PM

I don't get it... what does conditioning stint actually mean? Is he going to play some games in the AHL?

Because if it's just for training and getting in good shape, I guess Montreal is the best place to be, no!?

The n00b King 12-10-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shnitzel (Post 22580868)
I don't get it... what does conditioning stint actually mean? Is he going to play some games in the AHL?

Because if it's just for training and getting in good shape, I guess Montreal is the best place to be, no!?

it is indeed to play and to get in game shape.

and no, montreal is most definitely not the place for him to do this.

why? because he hasnt played in a really long time and he would totally suck and cost the team.

vaya 12-10-2009 04:40 PM

yeah he needs time to readjust to the speed of the nhl. the same way bergeron went down for 3 games before being called up.

hamilton is playing sunday and tuesday, and the habs have two games wednesday and thursday. thursday is against the wild, so i expect pouliot to return then (i think francois gagnon mentioned he'd definitely be back for that game).

Shnitzel 12-10-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony (Post 22580904)
it is indeed to play and to get in game shape.

and no, montreal is most definitely not the place for him to do this.

why? because he hasnt played in a really long time and he would totally suck and cost the team.

Okay but the Dogs' next game is on Sunday... so that means that until today, he was not ready to play in a game. Now they consider he can but prefer him to start in Hamilton to get back in shape... so he has to play at least two games with the Dogs I guess... which mean he'll probably be back to play his first game in a Habs uniform against his former team on thursday...

One Trick Pony 12-10-2009 04:44 PM

Well it's not like he didn't play this season at all.. why would HE need a conditioning stint? I'm sure Markov won't need one :sarcasm:
No but really.. does it mean he sucks?

vaya 12-10-2009 04:46 PM

maybe they realize that he will be highly scrutinized in his first game with the habs, which will be difficult for him since he's a new player in a new system with new teammates. guy boucher will teach him a bit about our team and martin's philosophy, and the no-pressure games in hamilton will let him adjust. it doesn't mean he sucks...

Shnitzel 12-10-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliash (Post 22580992)
Well it's not like he didn't play this season at all.. why would HE need a conditioning stint? I'm sure Markov won't need one :sarcasm:

I guess as much as MAB does...

Pouliot said last week about his return:

Quote:

«Le Wild sera ici le 17 décembre. J'ai déjà hâte. Et je veux m'assurer d'être prêt pour ce match. J'espère donc en avoir disputé quelques-uns avant de croiser mes anciens coéquipiers.»
"The Wild will be ni Montreal on December the 17th. I Can't wait. And I want to make sure I'm ready for that game. So I hope I would have allready played a couple of games before."

I guess he was not thinking about playing some games in the AHL though...

Stradale 12-10-2009 05:05 PM

renaud lavoie just said pouliot will stay in hamilton for two weeks.

Erik Estrada 12-10-2009 05:18 PM

When reviewing press clipings, It's obvious the Habs picked up Pouliot well aware of the extent of his injury. The Minnesota press was saying at the time that it was serious enough that Pouliot couldn't even hold his stick...

cap10bfl 12-10-2009 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stradale (Post 22581256)

ya he said that but i dont think pouliot has too stay the whole 2 weeks in hamilton, as previous posters have said, i cant see him miss the minnesota game next week...

Habsfan18 12-10-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

****, I hope not.

Next Best Thing* 12-10-2009 05:43 PM

Wtf does Renaud Lavoie know anyway, he isn't in Bob Gainey's office or an inside man. RDS is even saying that he is a left wing instead of a center, like, really? Based on what, one practice where he wasn't even healthy?

Sebaldian 12-10-2009 05:51 PM

I think 2 weeks is just the max that a player can stay for a conditioning stint.

Boulette Cannon 12-10-2009 06:00 PM

I love this move. Time for Boucher to work his magic.

THE HOFF 12-10-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivefor25 (Post 22580630)
According to Habs I/O twitter

Habs assign Benoît Pouliot to Hamilton on a conditioning assignment. Must be nearly ready to go.

My guess is he plays for Habs on Tuesday next week.

stream for the game tonight?

Analyzer 12-10-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Black (Post 22581871)
I think 2 weeks is just the max that a player can stay for a conditioning stint.

Exactly. Hopefully it's only a week. We want to see this ******* play.

koivu 12-10-2009 06:29 PM

great move, I hope they keep him down there for a couple of weeks - there is no need to rush him - get him really into proper shape to play for next year.

Boucher is doing a great job with these kids, every one that comes back from Hamilton seems to come back with a different attitude.

Case in point SK.

Is there any way they can send D'Agostini down as well ? He needs it big time right now.

Moester 12-10-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliash (Post 22580992)

I think that the best reason to get him in a conditioning stint will be for him to learn not only the system; but also it will allow him to get special attention from Guy Boucher.

Sure he needs to get back into shape and into the speed of the game, but also to let the Habs get a running start at getting him rehabilitated and integrated into the team.

Kriss E 12-10-2009 08:17 PM

Quote:

Pouliot will stay in AHL as long as it'll take. I doubt he'll be back here to play vs Wild unless he's burning it up and we have new injuries.
But I think he'll be there for at least a week and a half.
They have one game on the 13, one of the 15th and then the 18th. So really, it's only 2games in 1week from now. But after it gets busier as they'll play the 18-19-20th.
After that, I'm guessing he'll get called up.