HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Speculation: Predict What Will Happen First (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=717903)

JACKETfan 12-24-2009 07:47 AM

Predict What Will Happen First
 
Poll: What Big Change Will Happen First to change things?

BluejacketNut 12-24-2009 07:48 AM

We lose more games

Skraut 12-24-2009 07:49 AM

Someone posts a picture with Hitch with the Stanley Cup

CapnCornelius 12-24-2009 07:58 AM

Nothing is going to happen in the short term. And soon enough all realistic possibility of the playoffs will be gone, so then the excuse to do nothing will be "well, we're not going to make the playoffs this year, so what's the point." (And the reality will be that our stingy owners don't want to spend any more money realizing they won't make it back in the gate this year.) But we still won't do poorly enough to draft better than 5th-7th.

We'll wait until the end of the year and fire Hitch and/or Howson. Then we will get off to a slow start next year and everyone will say "you have to give the new guy(s) time to build their kind of team." That excuse will last about 3 years and then the cycle will repeat itself.

BluejacketNut 12-24-2009 08:14 AM

Well, with back to backs against Detroit and 1 against Nashville, the playoffs are gone. Ohh, there's 1 against the Islanders, so there's still a ray of hope of winning 2 games in Dec!! But then, Taveras will probably end up with a hatty and we'll lose 3-1, thus I would have to assume, giving us the worst month record in franchise history

jacketsgeek 12-24-2009 08:37 AM

100% chance we'll start another thread for people to whine and piss and moan...

BluejacketNut 12-24-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketsgeek (Post 22830854)
100% chance we'll start another thread for people to whine and piss and moan...

You must be content in winning twice in 17 games, enjoy

blahblah 12-24-2009 09:26 AM

Howson will probably make a minor move or two, but no one will want our garbage and he doesn't seem to want to trade value for value (at least he doesn't seem to like to trade anythng he values) And we're not in a posistion to take on much payroll.

So more of the same it seems.

Jaxs 12-24-2009 09:47 AM

Howson will make a move that does nothing. He makes this move to try to appease his critics, and because Priest told him to do something to try to save face. It will be a big lumbering dman, kind of like Commodore. Howie is kicking himself for not grabbing Ward off of waivers last week.

jacketsgeek 12-24-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluejacketNut (Post 22830892)
You must be content in winning twice in 17 games, enjoy

Of course I am! :rant:

I'm as frustrated as any fan. This is my favorite team in all of sports.

It is completely ignorant to think that because I don't sit around second guessing the coach, calling the best player on the team 'fat and lazy', and crying about players who aren't here either because we traded them, sent them back to Russia, or didn't/couldn't sign them equates to the fact that I am 'content' in winning twice in 17 games.

There's about ten threads here all dedicated to these subjects. I can put them on ignore but, somebody will start another and make it a poll... :shakehead

BluejacketNut 12-24-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketsgeek (Post 22831331)
Of course I am! :rant:

I'm as frustrated as any fan. This is my favorite team in all of sports.

It is completely ignorant to think that because I don't sit around second guessing the coach, calling the best player on the team 'fat and lazy', and crying about players who aren't here either because we traded them, sent them back to Russia, or didn't/couldn't sign them equates to the fact that I am 'content' in winning twice in 17 games.

There's about ten threads here all dedicated to these subjects. I can put them on ignore but, somebody will start another and make it a poll... :shakehead

Are you really surprised though? This isnt out first journey into the circle of suck, people are fed up. Its not like we've only lost 3 of 7, 2 in FREAKIN 17!!!!!!!

CBJ Bob 12-24-2009 09:57 AM

Why do anything? We are only 8 oints out of the last playoff spot. We should all be tickled pink!:sarcasm:

Jaxs 12-24-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJ Bob (Post 22831401)
Why do anything? We are only 8 oints out of the last playoff spot. We should all be tickled pink!:sarcasm:

Because the organeyezation wants the 6th pick, they dont want to look like all of the other losers that tank!

JACKETfan 12-24-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacketsgeek (Post 22831331)
Of course I am! :rant:

I'm as frustrated as any fan. This is my favorite team in all of sports.

It is completely ignorant to think that because I don't sit around second guessing the coach, calling the best player on the team 'fat and lazy', and crying about players who aren't here either because we traded them, sent them back to Russia, or didn't/couldn't sign them equates to the fact that I am 'content' in winning twice in 17 games.

There's about ten threads here all dedicated to these subjects. I can put them on ignore but, somebody will start another and make it a poll... :shakehead

You're taking this way too seriously geek. The point is to have some fun in the middle of a dreadful dry spell.

This thread is about what you GUESS will happen next.
It's not meant to replace all the pissing and moaning threads.

...and the winner gets a prize.

EDM 12-24-2009 01:30 PM

Back to back against Wings means probably 2 more losses. So we could be 2-18 by Tuesday a.m. A minor trade is announced on Monday before the home Wings game. We finish off the year with a New Year's defeat from the Preds. We struggle to the end of the season. Near the end of the season we have a five game win streak. Finish 12th. Everything is fine because we "jelled" at the end. The official talking point is how different the year would have been if we had that five game win streak in December. Howson talks about his draft target with the seventh pick. Raffi Torres looks forward to next season with an NHL team. PSL renewals plummet. Management counters by offering 2 free season tickets for every season ticket renewal you buy. Rick Nash recovers from playing in the Olympics. Commie says he is committed to a new off-season work out regime. Filatov says he is staying in Russia for another year.

What did I miss? Oh yeah, somehow Klesla gets hurt again.

Feicht 12-24-2009 01:32 PM

It's the Blue Jackets we're talking about here. Nothing will happen. Nothing other than losing games.

EDIT: Actually, I think you absolutely nailed it, EDM. Congrats on the chilling vision of things to come! :D

Matthew 12-24-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJ Bob (Post 22831401)
Why do anything? We are only 8 oints out of the last playoff spot. We should all be tickled pink!


Jaxs 12-24-2009 02:23 PM

Ownership sells the team to an owner who is committed to putting a product on the ice that can compete thus winning some games. The new owners spend to the cap and fans come back in droves. It is rosy again in Jacketland.:sarcasm:

Halfboard 12-24-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxs (Post 22834123)
Ownership sells the team to an owner who is committed to putting a product on the ice that can compete thus winning some games. The new owners spend to the cap and fans come back in droves. It is rosy again in Jacketland.:sarcasm:

And then monkeys fly out my a..............................er, ear.........:D

KeithBWhittington 12-24-2009 03:43 PM

In a perfect world, this team would be sold to someone or a group of someones that:

1: Would be just as committed to keeping this team long term in the Columbus area.

and

2: Would have a better idea or a better plan on how to run an NHL franchise from the get go.

mt-svk 12-25-2009 05:49 AM

As i know the most of us are "optimists". :D

JACKETfan 12-25-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 22833758)

I would like to suggest that SKRAUT use this song in his "mid-season highlight video."

Unfortunately, the song is longer than we have highlights for, but I'm sure he'll think of something.

___________________

EDM: your prediction was brilliant :handclap:

mt-svk 12-25-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 22830681)
Someone posts a picture with Hitch with the Stanley Cup

http://www.dispatch.com/wwwexportcon...B1_BT8IH5D.jpg

:D

KeithBWhittington 12-25-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EDM (Post 22833559)
Back to back against Wings means probably 2 more losses. So we could be 2-18 by Tuesday a.m. A minor trade is announced on Monday before the home Wings game. We finish off the year with a New Year's defeat from the Preds. We struggle to the end of the season. Near the end of the season we have a five game win streak. Finish 12th. Everything is fine because we "jelled" at the end. The official talking point is how different the year would have been if we had that five game win streak in December. Howson talks about his draft target with the seventh pick. Raffi Torres looks forward to next season with an NHL team. PSL renewals plummet. Management counters by offering 2 free season tickets for every season ticket renewal you buy. Rick Nash recovers from playing in the Olympics. Commie says he is committed to a new off-season work out regime. Filatov says he is staying in Russia for another year.

What did I miss? Oh yeah, somehow Klesla gets hurt again.

Don't forget that somehow a rumor will get started involving the Jackets and Marleau around the trade deadline, then heat up again around draft time.... Modin will get injured again, and somehow, people will forget he even played at all this season.

Fro 12-25-2009 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington (Post 22839570)
Don't forget that somehow a rumor will get started involving the Jackets and Marleau around the trade deadline, then heat up again around draft time.... Modin will get injured again, and somehow, people will forget he even played at all this season.

you forgot how we'll be after all of the top FA's but actually make an offer to none of them...instead get a "prime defenseman that can step in and help right away" that maybe 3 of us have heard of


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.