HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Holy Cow... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71835)

Prussian_Blue 04-18-2004 05:19 PM

Holy Cow...

Over at the Trade Rumors board, I've been able to move Demitra and Tkachuk for a total return of:

Mika Noronen
Miroslav Satan
Ales Kotalik
Nik Antropov
Toronto's third-round pick this year

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=71736

Folks, if the Blues could pull that off in the real world, I'd be positively orgasmic...

Even the most rabid hater would have to :bow: to Pleau if he could do this.

:banana:

PrussianBlue :blues

Frenzy1 04-19-2004 03:15 PM

You got some great deals.

This just goes to show you that even high priced tallent does have value (at least to fans). Certain teams, including Toronto and LA can afford to bring players on. (These are also large market teams, so ...).

King of Stankonia 04-19-2004 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Over at the Trade Rumors board, I've been able to move Demitra and Tkachuk for a total return of:

Mika Noronen
Miroslav Satan
Ales Kotalik
Nik Antropov

Folks, if the Blues could pull that off in the real world, I'd be positively orgasmic...

Please, not Nik Antropov.

Assets: He's 6'6" 220.

Flaws: Skates like Dave Andreychuk. Has the drive of Pavel Brendl in his first professional season. Takes intelligent penalties reminiscent of a post-season Keith Tkachuk. Has the defensive acumen of a slightly improved Ilya Kovalchuk. Has the knees of a 1978 Bobby Orr.

In other words, he can be compared to a bunch of greats but for all the wrong reasons. At this point, Keith Tkachuk and his $9M salary are a better asset than Antropov paying you to play.

Felix 04-20-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Mika Noronen
Miroslav Satan
Ales Kotalik
Nik Antropov

My views on the trades I expressed in other thread. But want to repeat: Buffalo and Toronto seem to me the likest traded partners for Blues...

Frenzy1 04-20-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Mika Noronen
Miroslav Satan
Ales Kotalik
Nik Antropov

He PB, I don't really want Noronen because we can use Sanford next season as the backup and resign Osgood. Noronen isn't step up over Osgood and I not sure he we be any better then Sanford.

blue bleeder 24-7 04-20-2004 08:49 PM

Do you want my honest opinion of that trade...

crap...I like Pleau now....would hate him if he did that...

Do you know what that is...thats some of the Eastern Conference weaklings that never hit and shy away from aggrisive play...compared to Demitra who led the team in points for the last 4 years or so, and alt who led this year...

If you want something for Walt and Pavs...look in the We3stern Conference...

Just my 2 cents

Prussian_Blue 04-20-2004 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7
Do you want my honest opinion of that trade...

crap...I like Pleau now....would hate him if he did that...

Do you know what that is...thats some of the Eastern Conference weaklings that never hit and shy away from aggrisive play...compared to Demitra who led the team in points for the last 4 years or so, and alt who led this year...

If you want something for Walt and Pavs...look in the We3stern Conference...

Just my 2 cents

There's one in every crowd, I guess...

Thanks for your opinion, even though I thoroughly disagree with it.

Tkachuk: 33 goals, 71 points, $10 million, 32 years old.

Satan & Kotalik: 44 goals, 83 points, $5.55 million total, Satan oldest at 30 years (Kotalik 26).

Demitra: 23 goals, 58 points, 18 PIM, 6-00, 206, 29 years old, $6.5 million.

Antropov: 13 goals 31 points, 62 PIM, 6-06, 220, 24 years old, $925K.

Noronen: 35 GP, 2.57 GAA, 11-17-2, 2 SO, 821 SA (one per 2.19 minutes played), 90.6% save percentage, 25 years old as of June 17, $550K.

Plus a third-round pick.

$16.5 million out; about $7 million in. An entire line, plus a young goalie with NHL experience, plus a bonus pick in the first 100 players for Jarmo Kekalainen to work with.

Yep, you're absolutely right, the Blues would be crazy to make those deals... :shakehead

blue bleeder 24-7 04-21-2004 08:21 PM

Well now...I don't know how many yeats those guys have in the NHL, but Pavs and Walty have about 20 years between them...plus they can motivsate a team...they aren't youngens real hot right now and won't be next year...IMO those(with the exption of Satan) are a bunch of Jim Campbell's, Jon Casey's the kind of players the Blues have seen WAY TO MUCH of...If you want to trade pavs and Walt, good, just get something besides mediocre one year talent from the East...

blue bleeder 24-7 04-21-2004 08:23 PM

and on a side note I have some horrible typos :P

kimzey59 04-21-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Well now...I don't know how many yeats those guys have in the NHL, but Pavs and Walty have about 20 years between them...plus they can motivsate a team...they aren't youngens real hot right now and won't be next year...IMO those(with the exption of Satan) are a bunch of Jim Campbell's, Jon Casey's the kind of players the Blues have seen WAY TO MUCH of...If you want to trade pavs and Walt, good, just get something besides mediocre one year talent from the East...

Kotalik and Noronen are QUALITY young players. Kotalik was Calder nominee last season and plays a solid two-way game. Furthermore he has the hands to finish off any chances that he gets(especially if he paired with a playmaker like Weight). Noronen is a high quality goaltending prospect. I'm not sold on Antropov as a PF, but at the very least he is a quality 3/4 line banger with size.

SneakerPimp82 04-22-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Yea, they have 20 years of futility in the playoffs combined between them, what a bunch of winners. Demitra and Tkachuk motivating a team? They can't even motivate themselves to play well in the playoffs and all of a sudden they're going to lead a team to the Cup?