HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NEW Rolston Comments. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=71872)

Traitor8 04-18-2004 07:07 PM

NEW Rolston Comments.

Et Brian Rolston d’ajouter : « Leur troisième et quatrième ligne sont incroyables, une des meilleures équipes que j’ai vues. Elles provoquent des choses. Nous ne devons pas leur donner la chance de marquer. Ils ont beaucoup de talents et ils complètent leur jeu. »

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/...N4082C419.html

And Brian Rolston adds: "Their third and 4th line are incredible. they are one of the best team i have ever seen. They create something. We shouldn't give them any chance to score. They have a lot of talent and they complete the play.

How come he changed his mind? :dunno:

Traitor8 04-18-2004 07:14 PM

He think he is trying to jinx us.. everybody knock on wood.

MontrealFans 04-18-2004 07:15 PM

Hes just trying not to look like a fool when montreal wins game 7!!! ;)

Kirk Muller* 04-18-2004 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komisarek8
How come he changed his mind? :dunno:

Change his mind ? He said the if the Bruins play up to their potential, the Habs don't stand a chance. How does that contradict what he said there ? Answer my question please.

WBC8 04-18-2004 07:41 PM

Rolston sucks. The ONLY positive that would come from a Bruins loss is the fact it would more than likely be Rolston's last game in a Bruins uni...

Brisson11 04-18-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Rolston sucks. The ONLY positive that would come from a Bruins loss is the fact it would more than likely be Rolston's last game in a Bruins uni...

LOL! JOIN THE HABS FAN CLUB

MontrealFans 04-18-2004 07:42 PM

Quote:

:yo:

Zednik 04-18-2004 08:07 PM

I would certainly take Rolston on my team this summer...

loudi94 04-18-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zednik
I would certainly take Rolston on my team this summer...

Hopefully your team is not the Habs. :eek:

BigFatPapa 04-18-2004 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
Change his mind ? He said the if the Bruins play up to their potential, the Habs don't stand a chance. How does that contradict what he said there ? Answer my question please.

Can't remember anything about playing at their full potential, just Rolston saying that the Habs couldn't compete with the Bruins 'cause they were too fast and physical.
I don't have a link though, so I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Alexj4x* 04-18-2004 09:23 PM

Quote:

When did Rolston start sucking exactly?? I always thought he was the perfect third line checker.. He's fast, has a nice shot and he reads the play pretty well..

It seems nowadays every Bruins fan have a strong dislike for Rolston. I just wanna know why :dunno:

tinyzombies 04-18-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexj4x
When did Rolston start sucking exactly?? I always thought he was the perfect third line checker.. He's fast, has a nice shot and he reads the play pretty well..

It seems nowadays every Bruins fan have a strong dislike for Rolston. I just wanna know why :dunno:

Rolston is too in love with his shot though, never passes the puck. Good defender, but the Koivu goal was his fault, he left him uncovered. I would love him on the Habs tho, of course!

Glen Murray is an FA too.

didjuicythat 04-18-2004 09:51 PM

I'm also very surprised to see Bruins fans are glad this might be Rolston's last game in a Boston uniform. I always thought he was among the 5 best two-way forwards in the league... after all, he has shown he can put up good offensive numbers while being one of the best on the PK (i.e. by scoring goals) and bringing speed and energy to his line. Oh well, things have changed rapidly. Anyways, I don't see how he can contribute to the offense playing with Marty Lapointe and PJ Axelsson.

I'd take him on my team any day. I don't know if he got misquoted two weeks ago when he said the Habs didn't stand the chance, but he did say he thought the Habs had a pretty good team. I hope Gainey will show interest for him. He's the kind of player that us Habs fans like the most. Guys with speed that can play at both ends of the ice.

bradshaw19 04-18-2004 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I'm also very surprised to see Bruins fans are glad this might be Rolston's last game in a Boston uniform. I always thought he was among the 5 best two-way forwards in the league... after all, he has shown he can put up good offensive numbers while being one of the best on the PK (i.e. by scoring goals) and bringing speed and energy to his line. Oh well, things have changed rapidly. Anyways, I don't see how he can contribute to the offense playing with Marty Lapointe and PJ Axelsson.

I'd take him on my team any day. I don't know if he got misquoted two weeks ago when he said the Habs didn't stand the chance, but he did say he thought the Habs had a pretty good team. I hope Gainey will show interest for him. He's the kind of player that us Habs fans like the most. Guys with speed that can play at both ends of the ice.

Rolston is a great two way player. However he has trailed off since his last 30 goal season. Not the same player, probably could use some more offensive threats on his line. I don't think he should be a center, he was really forced into the position by Ftorek a few years back. I have never questioned his heart, pride and work ethic, and nor should anybody else. Unfortunately I don't think there will be room for him next year. Unless he commits to playing wing and takes a salary that is reasonable, the Bruins have other plans for the third line center. Vernarsky, Hilbert, Bergeron and Boyes could take over the second and third line center position. All have more offensive upside except for maybe Vernarsky who is more of a d-forward. However, Rolston is a class act player who I am proud to say is a Bruin. Works so hard but gets the bad end of the stick some times. Hope he stays with Bruins and he will not go to Habs... guaranteed.

Corey 04-18-2004 10:37 PM

The fans should realize that if the Bruins do not re-sign Rolston he won't retire. He'll be signed by another team and play against the Bruins. Are those rookies as good as Rolston?

bradshaw19 04-18-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
The fans should realize that if the Bruins do not re-sign Rolston he won't retire. He'll be signed by another team and play against the Bruins. Are those rookies as good as Rolston?

There pretty good for young prospects. I'm pretty positive that no one of these forwards would beat Rolston in terms of speed. But Hilbert, Boyes and Bergeron have the capability to put up 25-30 goals a few years down the road. Hilbert is more of an all around player with good skills, skating, passing and shooting the puck. Boyes is more offensive with his puckhandling and creativity. Bergeron is what he is, excellent. Put Rolston on the wing with a guy like Boyes or Bergeron and give him more ice time... he would have 25-30 goals consistently.

ostiguy 04-18-2004 11:40 PM

part of rolston's problem is that he is perceived as being soft. game 5, when he was effectively placed on the 4th line, he threw more hits than he probably has in the past 2 regular seasons. i don't know if showing that he can hit helps him now, as where has it been before?

another part is that the b's fandom expects him to be making > 3 mill as a free agent, and he is much lower on our wish list than gonchar, nylander and murray.

his inaccurate shot doesn't help either, especially when it is on an odd man rush, because the whole league must know that he never passes