HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gabriel Bourque (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=718795)

lightning_legwand* 12-28-2009 02:30 AM

Gabriel Bourque
 
This guy had a sensational first game for team Canada at the WJC! Hopefully he keeps it up! I have a feeling he was another steal in the 5th round of this past draft!
7 points in 1 game is very impressive!

barrytrotzsneck 12-28-2009 12:06 PM

He looks like a solid pick to be sure, but I'm a little hesitant to go crazy...it's Latvia, and it was a 16-0 game.

Gomez4prez 12-28-2009 01:06 PM

Im a personnal friend of gab. Hes a tootoo with more skills.

Great pick

lightning_legwand* 12-28-2009 02:36 PM

So he plays a fairly rough game as well as putting up points??

braindead 12-28-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomez4prez (Post 22874070)
Im a personnal friend of gab. Hes a tootoo with more skills.

Great pick

Remember that Tootoo was a tootoo with more skills- hard to know if it translates up the ranks at this point. Still, I think they were thinking tootoo mold when drafted and it's great to see that he made the wjc team to get more experience on a big stage.

barrytrotzsneck 12-28-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead (Post 22875687)
Remember that Tootoo was a tootoo with more skills- hard to know if it translates up the ranks at this point. Still, I think they were thinking tootoo mold when drafted and it's great to see that he made the wjc team to get more experience on a big stage.

Poile compared him more to Scott Nichol than Jordin tootoo, which I can see.

Gomez4prez 12-28-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand (Post 22875398)
So he plays a fairly rough game as well as putting up points??

Hes not a good fighter..but he can hit really hard. Always complete his cheks.

Joe T Choker 12-28-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomez4prez (Post 22877730)
Hes not a good fighter..but he can hit really hard. Always complete his cheks.

Trotz will reign that in :rant: :p:

OpenWheel 12-28-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conando (Post 22878318)
Trotz will reign that in :rant: :p:

But if Bourque makes sure not to score goals, Trotz will set him free on the physical part and give loads of ice time. They key is to not pot too many goals.

goalscorer 12-29-2009 11:33 AM

Read alot of remarks hating on him. That hes a 3/4th liner who got playing time only because the score was blown up. But Ive also read alot on how much potential he has to become a top 6 in the nhl. Guess time will be the deciding factor. I'm anxious to see how/if his stats increase now that he's on a better junior team.

Seth Lake 12-29-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goalscorer (Post 22891941)
Read alot of remarks hating on him. That hes a 3/4th liner who got playing time only because the score was blown up. But Ive also read alot on how much potential he has to become a top 6 in the nhl. Guess time will be the deciding factor. I'm anxious to see how/if his stats increase now that he's on a better junior team.

After watching him for two games, I think he has top-9 potential. Essentially, he is not a PPG player or a straight scoring winger, but has the ability to develop into a very solid two-way winger that is responsible at both ends of the rink and will contribute nightly because of it in more of a supporting role than a leading role.

Bourque has pretty good speed and puck-skills, but where I think he is really opening eyes is with his vision at both ends of the rink leading to some pretty solid play in his own end of the rink and some real nifty passes at the other end setting up teammates. I also like his grit and hustle and really think that is what will truly get him to the NHL level eventually despite his size.

Will definitely be interesting to keep an eye on him as Canada begins to face better quality competition, but right now combined with his performance this summer at camp Bourque has done nothing but impress for a 5th round pick...

goalscorer 12-29-2009 07:48 PM

^^^^good insight, thanks

Gomez4prez 05-03-2010 03:37 PM

17 games in playoffs = 16 goals 5 assits 21 points with moncton wildcats. They are goin for the cup:handclap:

OpenWheel 05-04-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gomez4prez (Post 25606499)
17 games in playoffs = 16 goals 5 assits 21 points with moncton wildcats. They are goin for the cup:handclap:

Can't even average a goal a game? What a bust.

boropredsfan 05-04-2010 08:06 PM

game three right now
 
Moncton is down 5-1 but Bourque has the one. Now 5-2 with a 5 on 3 PPG with Bourque having the primary assist.

With 2 minutes left Moncton has 3 unanswered goals in the 3rd. Bourque scores to make it 5-3 and then they get another as it stands 5-4 with 1:17 left. Moncton loses 6-4 Bourque finishes with 3pts(2G-1A).

boropredsfan 05-10-2010 09:10 PM

Moncton Won the Presidents Cup earlier tonight
 
and Bourque was awarded the Guy Lafleur Trophy(Playoff MVP), joining some good company in doing so, see second link(scroll down to last page of pdf)

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index...d_partie=20995

http://admin.lhjmq.qc.ca/navcache/ge...f&content=view

Viqsi 05-10-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boropredsfan (Post 25738794)
and Bourque was awarded the Guy Lafleur Trophy(Playoff MVP), joining some good company in doing so, see second link(scroll down to last page of pdf)

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index...d_partie=20995

http://admin.lhjmq.qc.ca/navcache/ge...f&content=view

Hmmm... MVP goes to a prospect of my #2 team... my #1 team has the rights of one of the better defensemen (Savard), and I wouldn't mind 'em drafting Gormley...

...yeah, I'd say this is awesome. :)

(Still ultimately rooting for Brandon, tho. Sorry, folks. ;) )

Que Sera Sera 05-18-2010 09:34 PM

Borque looking okay in this game against Windsor, although his team isn't showing enough urgency.
EDIT: Bourque just made two great plays.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.