HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How is Scubert doing? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=720361)

neutral zone trap13 01-01-2010 11:04 AM

How is Scubert doing?
 
Hi, Im a Sens fan but I was just wondering how Schubert is doing here. He was decent in Ottawa but want good enough to be a top-7 defenceman this year. How many minutes is he getting? Has he played forward at all?

Shameus 01-01-2010 11:49 AM

Steady, nothing flashy, gets physical when needed. Good 3rd pairing defender.

Rhodes 81 01-01-2010 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutral zone trap13 (Post 22946874)
Hi, Im a Sens fan but I was just wondering how Schubert is doing here. He was decent in Ottawa but want good enough to be a top-7 defenceman this year. How many minutes is he getting? Has he played forward at all?

he's been the most consistent defenseman we've had and he's been playing with a rotation of 3 other guys on his pairing. plays even strength and penalty kill. nothing too amazing but has done his job which is to keep the puck out of the net. provides a little scoring and rebound opportunities especially when he's playing with valabik or popovic instead of salmela

basically everything you could ask of a 5th defenseman. i hope we re-sign him and i'm honestly shocked he didn't get selected for germany

neutral zone trap13 01-01-2010 03:43 PM

HE DIDNT GET SELECTED?

I honestly can only name one other German defenceman- Hecht

He went in 2006. That really sucks for him though.

What is the most you wouldve traded for him?

Rhodes 81 01-01-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutral zone trap13 (Post 22952100)
HE DIDNT GET SELECTED?

I honestly can only name one other German defenceman- Hecht

He went in 2006. That really sucks for him though.

What is the most you wouldve traded for him?

i would've glady given up salmela and white for him...but looking at the years the three have had hindsight is 20/20

Reacher Gilt 01-01-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutral zone trap13 (Post 22952100)
HE DIDNT GET SELECTED?

I honestly can only name one other German defenceman- Hecht

He went in 2006. That really sucks for him though.

What is the most you wouldve traded for him?

Hecht wasn't selected too. :help:

As a Sens fan you should know he is a forward.

Other german NHl blueliners: Ehrhoff, Seidenberg and Sulzer.

Boognish 01-01-2010 08:28 PM

Marco Sturm is German as well.

I think that Krupp said he just picked a bunch of names out of a aht and that it wasn't a final list.

neutral zone trap13 01-02-2010 02:22 PM

Hecht is a forward? I never noticed him in Buffalo or Montreal.

John Cena* 01-02-2010 02:39 PM

Schubert has beem amazing. He plays physical and is our most physiacal defensemen. Last night i seen him play berlin wall defense. He was holding the blue line down great. He is probably our 2nd most consistent defensemen behind Enstrom.

Shameus 01-02-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 22965192)
Schubert has beem amazing. He plays physical and is our most physiacal defensemen. Last night i seen him play berlin wall defense. He was holding the blue line down great. He is probably our 2nd most consistent defensemen behind Enstrom.

Really?????? And I could have sworn it might have been someone like..oh say:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/912...0A760B0D811297

John Cena* 01-02-2010 04:16 PM

huh? I see an X ? Are you referring to XLB or something?

Shameus 01-02-2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 22967071)
huh? I see an X ? Are you referring to XLB or something?

Seriously?

That is Kubina, you can't recognize the players on the team you're a fan of?:shakehead

Rhodes 81 01-02-2010 04:42 PM

schuby's apparently playing with enstrom tonight on the top pairing...well deserved.

i also find it interesting that enstrom's line mates have to be 6'6" or taller...

Shameus 01-02-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhodes 10 (Post 22967584)
schuby's apparently playing with enstrom tonight on the top pairing...well deserved.

i also find it interesting that enstrom's line mates have to be 6'6" or taller...

I think there is a minimum height requirement for the Thrasher's defense and they have to be this tall to get the pairing up to the minimum total.:naughty:

Rhodes 81 01-02-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shameus (Post 22967676)
I think there is a minimum height requirement for the Thrasher's defense and they have to be this tall to get the pairing up to the minimum total.:naughty:

why does our best defenseman have to be 3 feet tall?

John Cena* 01-02-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shameus (Post 22967518)
Seriously?

That is Kubina, you can't recognize the players on the team you're a fan of?:shakehead

Now i see a pic of Kubina and yes i do recognize players but there was no pic of him there when i checked before. Before there was just an X not a pic of anyone it was an X. I thought you put an X there purposely to make a reference to Exelby.

I can't recognize if i can't see anything lolll.

Karlssonlee 01-02-2010 05:01 PM

That's great to hear as a Sens fan. Always liked him, he got bashed a lot here in Ottawa.

He was always an athletic freak, (speed, size, strength) just didn't seem to have the tool box nor the hockey sense to turn it around.

Rhodes 81 01-02-2010 08:43 PM

please delete this thread...please

TasteofFlames 01-02-2010 08:53 PM

Schubert was ******* horrible tonight. He's great as a 5th/6th d-man, but give him any more minutes and he's ****ed.

John Cena* 01-02-2010 08:59 PM

the thread cursed him i agree delete it!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.