HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Perreault? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72042)

beerpaul* 04-19-2004 02:43 PM

Perreault?
 
:help: :help: How come this guy never stays on the second or first line of every team he plays on? He is such a gifted goal scorer and playoff performer. I know someone will come on and say he's garbage defensively, but he can hold his own in this regard. If he was inserted in the line-up at the beginning of the series(like he should have been) this series would have been over a lot earlier and you know who would have won. :yo:

Mooch 04-19-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerpaul
:help: :help: How come this guy never stays on the second or first line of every team he plays on? He is such a gifted goal scorer and playoff performer. I know someone will come on and say he's garbage defensively, but he can hold his own in this regard. If he was inserted in the line-up at the beginning of the series(like he should have been) this series would have been over a lot earlier and you know who would have won. :yo:

Because he is a streak player.

When he gets cold, he does nothing. When he gets hot he scores goals.

Thats all there is too his game

417 04-19-2004 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerpaul
:help: :help: How come this guy never stays on the second or first line of every team he plays on? He is such a gifted goal scorer and playoff performer. I know someone will come on and say he's garbage defensively, but he can hold his own in this regard. If he was inserted in the line-up at the beginning of the series(like he should have been) this series would have been over a lot earlier and you know who would have won. :yo:

The thing with Perreault is tonight, the Bruins will be keying on him, he'll probably play LW on the second line, and when the Bruins do key on him, he'll disapear...When he plays on the 4th line and sees spot duty on the 2nd line, he's every effective because he's generally better than the other 4th line they're playing against...the role that CJ has Perreault in right now, is what suits him best...everybody is ready to put him back on the second line, IMO, it's a mistake, he's better on the 4th line while seeing spot duty on the 2nd line, + PP time and obviously faceoffs...

Habs in 7, I had a vision...

JJ 04-19-2004 02:51 PM

Perreault doesn't have the stamina or energy to stay on the top lines for long stretches. That's why he often tapers off in the second half, he runs out of steam. However, I think the Habs were really smart in the way they used him this season. Gainey probably saw that Perreault always had problems in the second half and decided not to use him all that much. This probably helped him finish the season on a strong note with Koivu and Zednik. Plus, look at him now, he looks like he's flying out there, and skating was never his forté.

Mooch 04-19-2004 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ
Perreault doesn't have the stamina or energy to stay on the top lines for long stretches. That's why he often tapers off in the second half, he runs out of steam. However, I think the Habs were really smart in the way they used him this season. Gainey probably saw that Perreault always had problems in the second half and decided not to use him all that much. This probably helped him finish the season on a strong note with Koivu and Zednik. Plus, look at him now, he looks like he's flying out there, and skating was never his forté.

When hes hot, like he was at the end of the season with Zednik and Koivu, he was everwhere. He was back checking, going in to corners, and even going to the slot. He was continuously skating.

I dont think its a question of stamina.

beerpaul* 04-19-2004 03:04 PM

:dunno: No one has mentioned his face-off skills. If they used him for the last faceoff in game 4, he would have won that final faceoff where the Bruins scored to tie with 46 seconds left, and won the game!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Because he is a streak player.

When he gets cold, he does nothing. When he gets hot he scores goals.

Thats all there is too his game


Mooch 04-19-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerpaul
:dunno: No one has mentioned his face-off skills. If they used him for the last faceoff in game 4, he would have won that final faceoff where the Bruins scored to tie with 46 seconds left, and won the game!

Dowd won that face off. Its was a bigger mistake on D. Rivet is the bigger D, he should have been on the left side. Thats the past though, forget it, were in game 7 now.

As for his face off skills, you havent been here long enough. Its been talked about to death. Lol!

jcpenny 04-19-2004 03:28 PM

Perreault has to stay on the second line for the whole game. He's a better skater and passer than Dags and doesnt need alot of time to let go his shot. However i hope that Sunny will be Ok and make his debut tonight and take the spot of perrault at the end of periods.

Mike8 04-19-2004 03:46 PM

Perreault does not hold his own defensively. He does not hold his own offensively. He is streaky and if he's cold then he's almost entirely useless.

Habsfunk 04-19-2004 03:52 PM

The thing I like about Perrault on the 2nd line, especially on the road, is that when Boston throws out Thornton against the Ribeiro line Perrault can be used to win the faceoff so they can get off the ice ASAP.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.