HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Who do you want to win these game 7's (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72047)

Old Hickory 04-19-2004 01:55 PM

Who do you want to win these game 7's

Wow this place is dead today!

Let's make your picks pure emotional. Not who you think is going to win. Who you want to win

Monday, April 19
East Quarterfinals Game 7 - Series tied 3-3
Montreal at Boston

West Quarterfinals Game 7 - Series tied 3-3
Calgary at Vancouver

Tuesday, April 20

Ottawa at Toronto

Old Hickory 04-19-2004 01:57 PM

Here are my picks

Montreal at Boston = Gotta go with Boston, if we can win I gotta root for our favorite trading partner

Calgary at Vancouver = Calgary they are my team this playoff year

Ottawa at Toronto = Tough one but I pick Ottawa

LuckyLUC20 04-19-2004 02:12 PM

Boston- many ex-Kings on that team that I want to see raise the Cup. Plus, I like Boston.

Calgary- gotta love the heart and work ethic of this team. Sutter is a great coach.

Toronto- most people seem to hate them, so that's why I'm pulling for them :D

agentfouser 04-19-2004 02:22 PM

vancouver v calgary - have to go with calgary, although i would really like to see a san jose v vancouver series, so i can live with either result.

montreal v boston - boston, but i don't think they're going to do it. montreal has them on the run.

ottawa v toronto - ottawa, i have to go with the small-market team, although if they continue to play without heart, i'm going to get fed up pretty quickly.

sigepcsun 04-19-2004 03:51 PM

Vancouver.....rooting for San Jose and I would rather see SJ play Vancouver than the AVS

Boston....love the town and I am a red sox fan, Raycroft is a great young goalie

Ottawa....I HATE the leafs, and I want Smoke to have a shot to get a cup

I want to see some great games couple of OTs would be nice

Herby 04-19-2004 03:58 PM

I really cant stand Vancouver and Montreal. I like the Bruins, like alot of their players like Samsonov, Gonchar, Bergeron and Boynton.

I think Calgary getting to the 2nd round would be a great story.

And ofcourse I am pulling for the Sens.

Capn Brown 04-19-2004 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Wow this place is dead today!

Let's make your picks pure emotional. Not who you think is going to win. Who you want to win

Monday, April 19
Montreal at Boston

West Quarterfinals Game 7 - Series tied 3-3
Calgary at Vancouver

Tuesday, April 20

Ottawa at Toronto

Gunna "boo" our national anthem? Fine. I'll just root for Boston.

I've hated everything to do with Pat Quinn ever since he left the Kings in the middle of that one season (85?) in favor of Vancouver. Ottawa gets my vote. Go Smoke!

Vancouver is dumb. Go Flames!

*midnitehockey 04-19-2004 05:33 PM

Montreal at Boston - Boston all the way!! I like Montreal off and on, but not this series...

Calgary at Vancouver - Emotionally I really like Calgary/Sutter and all that's going on with that team, but I have to root for Vancouver (much as I hate them) to win, so the Sharks will match up with them and not Colorado (again).

Ottawa at Toronto - really mixed on that one

agentfouser 04-20-2004 01:52 AM

holy cow did anyone watch the games tonight??? calgary at vancouver was amazing: back and forth, intense, vancouver came back to tie the game with 5.7 left in regulation and then lost in overtime. overall, i think that calgary owned them in this series. kipprusoff was very good, but i wouldn't say great, but then, he didn't have to be. calgary's defense was the story of this series to me, they were rock solid, physical, and got the job done.

and boston... man, what a collapse. i seriously think that they lost the series in game 4 - they won it on a total fluke when they were outplayed, and they continued to get outplayed for the next three games.

KingPurpleDinosaur 04-20-2004 03:43 AM

calgary almost blew it. Who was it that missed the empty net? Was it Iginla? not to mention watching him falling down on the redline, haha. Way to go calgary! So far on the game 7's, i'm 2 for 2. Now I just need toronto to win!

Old Hickory 04-20-2004 12:45 PM

That Calgary Vancouver game was great last night!

GKJ 04-20-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
That Calgary Vancouver game was great last night!

That may have been the best game I've ever seen. I put the Flyers 5OT game and the Shocker at Staples up there with it.

LuckyLUC20 04-20-2004 12:59 PM

Tonight's game 7 will hopefully be just as good as last night's Flames/Nucks game 7. I really want to see a Flyers/Leafs series. That will be fun to watch!

agentfouser 04-21-2004 01:28 AM

flyers v. leafs it is, should be a good one. when was the last time they played?

ottawa will be searching for a goaltender this summer. lalime cost them the game, bottom line.