HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   GDT: Thrash @ Isles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=720706)

Telfo 01-02-2010 11:15 AM

Thrash @ Isles

http://www.rotorob.com/wp-content/up..._Kovalchuk.jpg

VS.

http://blogs.ajc.com/iceman-thrasher...AP-295x300.jpg

Keys to victory:

1. Score more then them
2. Start Moose
3. dont suck
4. send the defense unicorn after the Moulson express
5. keep an eye on the glass partitions

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...33/unicorn.jpg

PHYS251 01-02-2010 12:03 PM

Hell if it takes more of those half-naked, photoshopped pix of our players to help them when, then let the NSFW tags fly!

C'mon fellas, let's break this losing streak already.

StevenintheATL 01-02-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHYS251 (Post 22962564)
Hell if it takes more of those half-naked, photoshopped pix of our players to help them when, then let the NSFW tags fly!

C'mon fellas, let's break this losing streak already.

The Kovalchuck photo is not Photoshopped. He actually did pose for that photo as well as some others.

http://www.kiltmen.com/celeb-ilya_kovalchuk2.JPG

PHYS251 01-02-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenintheATL (Post 22962631)
The Kovalchuck photo is not Photoshopped. He actually did pose for that photo as well as some others.

http://www.kiltmen.com/celeb-ilya_kovalchuk2.JPG

Well hell. Someone needs to tell him to streak if it means we would get back in the win column!

Aaronxxx 01-02-2010 12:27 PM

Pavelec in net
Boulton and Valabik scratched

great :shakehead

John Cena* 01-02-2010 12:32 PM

7 game losing streak, 0-5 on the 7 game road trip... this is pretty bad. Thrashers have fell off big time. I said to someone we had a chance at going 0-7 on the trip because of the inconsistency, i didn't think it would actually happen. If they lose tonight Anderson needs to be fired on Sunday. I want this streak to end i hope it doesn't go into double digits. If Anderson is not fired within the next month if we continue to lose and be inconsistent, than i would have lost all faith in these owners, Don Waddell, and this team. And i would watch the rest of the season knowing playoffs is not possible so i would have to root for a lottery pick again.

Pavelec is in net which means the streak should continue. Over or Under - 1st intermission Pavelec is pulled.

I'm glad Salmela is getting the time he deserves. Now maybe if we can realize Hainsey is our worst defensemen and is ruining our future star Bogosian, we can trade him for a 6th round pick because Hainsey has no value right now. We'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

40 games gone and we are NOT a playoff team. This is the last game of the 1st half of the season.

PHYS251 01-02-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan (Post 22963029)
7 game losing streak, 0-5 on the 7 game road trip... this is pretty bad. Thrashers have fell off big time. I said to someone we had a chance at going 0-7 on the trip because of the inconsistency, i didn't think it would actually happen. If they lose tonight Anderson needs to be fired on Sunday. I want this streak to end i hope it doesn't go into double digits. If Anderson is not fired within the next month if we continue to lose and be inconsistent, than i would have lost all faith in these owners, Don Waddell, and this team. And i would watch the rest of the season knowing playoffs is not possible so i would have to root for a lottery pick again.

Pavelec is in net which means the streak should continue. Over or Under - 1st intermission Pavelec is pulled.

I'm glad Salmela is getting the time he deserves. Now maybe if we can realize Hainsey is our worst defensemen and is ruining our future star Bogosian, we can trade him for a 6th round pick because Hainsey has no value right now. We'd be lucky to get a 6th round pick.

They'll leave him in. Final score will be:

ATL-3
NYI-5

Somebody for the Isles who's in a scoring slump will have a 2+ goal game tonight.

Kovy will score.

John Cena* 01-02-2010 12:58 PM

I hope Matty Moulson doesn't own us again. I can't remember but did he own Pavelec?

Sounds accurate though but if we lose we will lose by one so say 5-4. We will be down 5-2 to start the 3rd, we score 2 make everyone think the comeback is in, than with the goalie pulled in the final minute we blow it.

We can't win games with the lead because it always gets blown or coach puts in the protect the lead method so our best chance is to be down going into the 3rd and hope for a comeback. That's sad when that is a teams best chance at winning games lol.

Lynk 01-02-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

40 games gone and we are NOT a playoff team. This is the last game of the 1st half of the season.

I thought JA was the reason for all of our troubles and the sky would stop falling if we replace him. But how exactly is Hainsey's play affecting Bogo's ability to bring it up the ice, shoot on target, and get back on defense when he pinches.

John Cena* 01-02-2010 01:13 PM

Sarcasm? JA is the reason IMO.

Hainsey is ruining Bogosian. He is absolutely awful. His poor defense speaks for himself. Maybe it's because of JA and his no defense system? But from what i've seen, Hainsey is soft and is not physical and lets people own the crease. So maybe it's JA's system and not Hainseys fault? But on the offensive side, Bogosian can't pinch and carry like he wants to because Hainsey is always out of position and gets beat. This is why Bogosian hasn't scored in a long long time. If i remember correctly, Bogosian was scoring goals when he was paired with Enstrom. I don't think Bogosian has scored a goal since he was paired with Hainsey.

Overall- Hainsey is very poor defensively. Below average offensive skills. His signature move is clearing the puck for icings. Basically, for what defensive system we have, Hainsey is a failure in it. Which is why i blame JA a little too when i speak of Hainsey.

I'll make a new judgement case if i can see him play in a defensive system or under a new coach. A coach that even teaches the slightest amount of defense, not a coach that teaches none at all.

which leads to if we replace JA, the sky WILL stop falling for everyone and possibly Hainsey too. We would see better defense by all, better breakouts, different elements insetad of just breakout breakout breakout, better decisions made by the coach, tons of energy, tons of motivation etc.....

But if Hainsey can't succeed with another coach he and his 4.5 needs to be traded.

John Cena* 01-02-2010 01:29 PM

Kovalchuk has 43 points with 24 goals and missed 6 games. I think he would have gotten 100 points this season if he didn't get injured.

The funny thing with Ilya is i think he can succeed in any system no matter what it be. He would still rack up his goals and points. All we do is see him take it in on the left wing and either a) try to lower his shoulder and get around the defensemen or b) pull up and stop to make a cross ice pass. I'd like to see something new sometimes. Once in a while someone needs to follow up behind Ilya for the drop pass. Then he can go behind the net giving more options to everyone. I'm sick of seeing the same offense though every game it's breakout breakout breakout breakout. JA it doesn't work please add other elements.

We don't have the right players for breakouts. It's usually a turnover 75% of the time. Or it goes down for icing.

Lynk 01-02-2010 01:36 PM

I do agree with you that Hainsey and Bogo don't work together.
If it takes a new coach to do that then so be it.

I don't think it's the system as much as it is the partnerships.

Hainsey and Kubina when paired were the best combo all around.
Then Toby and Bogo were a very close 2nd.

Please just re-unite these lines.

Georgia Dawg 01-02-2010 02:07 PM

The end of a losing streak happens tonight, and it begins the streak of a 7 game win streak. :handclap:

ThrasherMinion 01-02-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

If Anderson is not fired within the next month if we continue to lose and be inconsistent, than i would have lost all faith in these owners, Don Waddell, and this team. And i would watch the rest of the season knowing playoffs is not possible so i would have to root for a lottery pick again.

replace "Anderson" with Fraser, Waddell, Hartley, Waddell and you will know what all of us fans over the age of "18" already have been through.

Your rants are not new to people who have been here since 1999. The only constant is DON WADDELL. Not the players, not the coaches, not the "systems" not even the owners have been the same. It's all about the image and culture he has created here.

Enjoy the lottery draw. It wouldn't surprise any hardcore Thrasher fans who have been through it all. :laugh:

John Cena* 01-02-2010 02:23 PM

I am over 18 lol. If indeed that was directed towards me. I understand this team more than you appearantly which is why i understand why we're losing. You seem to not understand it. Right now it's Andersons fault. Why is it Waddells fault? He's doing best he can given the circumstances. If we had another owner/gm we'd still be how bad we are right now because of Anderson lol. Less that owner is smart enough to fire the staff. The owner can only change this team right now in 1 way and thats firing Anderson.

Right now we are losing because of Anderson and his staff. I think a lottery draw this season should surprise everyone. Why wouldn't it? This is the best Thrashers team ever and they are losing. It's the staff. Bring back Hartley and this team is amazing it's almost guarenteed. Anyone with NHL experience and NHL knowledge and we have the record we should have.

So if you're telling me you would not be surprised if we ended up getting a lottery pick than your full of it.

A new GM doesn't change Andersons knowledge. Whats he going to do spend 8 hours a day teaching Anderson how to coach in the NHL level lol. It's not Waddells fault right now right this very moment, he is not the reason we are inconsistent and losing consistently. It's Anderson and Anderson only. Maybe in the offseason you can blame Waddell for whatever you want to but it's pointless to now lol. It wouldn't change the way Anderson coaches. Simply put, Anderson has to go he is awful.

btn 01-02-2010 02:25 PM

Just win, so we can stop with this End of Days nonsense on a daily basis.

Axe Man 01-02-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHYS251 (Post 22963129)
They'll leave him in. Final score will be:

ATL-3
NYI-5

Somebody for the Isles who's in a scoring slump will have a 2+ goal game tonight.

Kovy will score.

That's funny. The Isles haven't score more then 2 goals in regulation time in about 3 weeks. I hope you are right though!

Georgia Dawg 01-02-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by btn (Post 22964811)
Just win, so we can stop with this End of Days nonsense on a daily basis.

I do not think a 20 game win streak would cause some to stop....

John Cena* 01-02-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Van Halen (Post 22964815)
That's funny. The Isles haven't score more then 2 goals in regulation time in about 3 weeks. I hope you are right though!

It's Anderson's Thrashers. We end streaks for the worse. Most recent, Parise ending his goal drought on us. Meaning tonight Isles will score 3+ regulation goals.

I hope i'm wrong but i don't control what the team does and doesn't do. I just sit here like the fan and hope it stops. Hoping it all goes away with 1 move.

ThrasherMinion 01-02-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgia Dawg (Post 22964863)
I do not think a 20 game win streak would cause some to stop....

:laugh:

I think some fans might secretly wish they were St.Louis Blues fans.....They fired Murray today.

Hope they go out and give it a good run tonight. Rangers picked up 1 point today,
Lightning up 2-1 on Pitts. Tampa looks awesome and Pitts is being owned. We need a good run.

Shameus 01-02-2010 03:32 PM

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/kellyoddball.jpg

dj4aces 01-02-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shameus (Post 22966178)

Just want to give you a big thumbs up on the new avatar. Seven game losing streak, and we all need something nice to look at.

http://dj4aces.info/stuff/pics/de-mo.../ice_girls.jpg

(And yes, I made this)

ThrasherMinion 01-02-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shameus (Post 22966178)

lol! Great movie by the way!

Not really trying to be negative, not being a "realist" :laugh: Just running amok with some monkey business on a slow, cold day. LOL....
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...kin/monkey.jpg
I really, really want this team to do well, but lately, I feel like Rush Limbaugh and Fred Sanford watching this year's version. I have to lighten it up and look at the whole league if I'm going to make it to April. Sorry if I O-Fiend.

Rhodes 81 01-02-2010 04:21 PM

oh boy this thread:facepalm:

we're 3-7-1 with valabik in the lineup this season and 15-10-4 without him, just sayin.

hopefully we're fired up and mad after the way last night went and dominate this game, probably won't happen but hopefully. no matter what we have to win out the rest of this road trip.

Rhodes 81 01-02-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Van Halen (Post 22964815)

the thrashers haven't had a regulation win since november and are on a 7 game losing streak...no sympathy.