HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mid-Season Grades (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=722204)

HockeyBasedNYC 01-06-2010 12:55 PM

Mid-Season Grades

Ok, we are one game past the halfway mark, and Carps blog reminded me we should all do ourselves a favor and stress out even more about the current state of the team by grading each player.

Here are the current stats, projections and my grades:

http://hfboards.com/picture.php?albu...pictureid=4509

Gaborik - A - He’s pretty much carried this team the entire year.
Prospal - A - A great signing after being boughtout last year, well deserved “A”.
Cally - B - Scoring dip, but still on pace for around 20. Brings it every night in all situations
Kotalik - D - Helps the PP when hes playing- and on, but has been dreadful even strength.
MDZ - A - Has a lot to learn on defense, but those are great numbers for a rookie D man. Love the fact that he isnt afraid to mix it up.
Dubinksy - EDIT: B- - Was inconsistent and then injured - Has been much better lately. Must continue to grow in 2nd half.
Anisimov - B - Play is underrated. On pace for 15 and doesnt get a ton of time, take next step in 2nd half.
Drury - D - D- if not for his PK, work ethic and play of late. But not worth a 4 mil contract right now.
Staal - B - Early responsibilites screwed with head, but has been strong. Needs to take a notch higher and he will.
Avery - C- - Work ethic has been good, but not scoring. Has to be Avery again, while staying out of box.
Girardi - C- - On a whole, I think hes regressed. Need more offensively, positionally and emotionally.
Rozsival - C - Not as bad as some think, but he has a lot more to offer, and more consistently.
Higgins - D - Can’t dispute his work ethic and perseverance - but he simply isnt scoring. Dissapointment
Lisin - C- - Has skill, but hasnt put it all together. Has been working hard lately. Is there a next level?
Gilroy - C - Expecting more offensively, but he is a rookie. His defense has been OK. 2nd half is big for him.
Redden - D - Some think he has played better, but its not by much. Hes a shadow of his former self and isnt involved enough.
Boyle - C+ - Has worked hard and has been a valuable PK man. But he has to use his size more.
Christ - Inc. - Struggles with confidence issues. Maybe he’ll hit a stride here on the top line.
P.A. - Inc. - Has played alright when hes gotten the chance, but this isnt the team for him to grow on.
Byers - Inc. - Could be playing in Donald Brashear’s spot IMO
Brashear - F - Seems uniterested other than cashing his paycheck. Shows no leadership or ability to play.
Voros - Inc. - Would rather have him on the 4th line and thats saying a lot about Brashear.
Sangs - Inc. - Needs to continue to build at the AHL level. Got his feet wet and thats good.

Hank - A- - Has become a leader of this team and despite some shaky play early on, the Rangers arent where they are without him.
Vally - D - Was pretty bad but i was surprised he wasnt given more of a chance, especially with the workload Henrik has.
Johnson - Inc. - I like him in camp, thought he was composed and in control. Getting his feet wet is good as long as he keeps the right mindset.

Torts - C - I think he has made some questionable decisions along the way, but is in the long process of trying to build this team into a "Team" and I respect that. He has adapted to play a different game when his system wasnt working with this squad and he is starting to realize he needs to back off on burning out the top players and spread the minutes around. But it should have been done earlier IMO. He needs to take some responsibility at times and get this team to play better on home ice. He hasnt be great and he hasnt been dreadful either. The money time is in the next 3 months.

Sather - C - He made two great signings in Prospal and Gaborik, but his vision with the rest of the team has been disappointing - but some of it lies in the players hands like Higgins whos lack of productivity is a big difference maker in the standings IMO. Credit him for allowing some rookies to develop, but his mistakes of the past continue to kill this team. If Christensen continues to play well that was a good waiver pick up. Defense has been an issue all year and I thought it was a bad job he couldnt get another veteran D-man in here, even after the failed Semenov debacle. Brashear has been a total bust and a waste. Kotalik is signed for another 2 years and has been wildly inconsistent after looking like a good signing for the success of the PP. The fourth line issue is up for debate but i dont think that really matters in the big picture. Lisin/Korpikoski is pretty much a wash IMO. It seems like for every positive there is a negative, so thats how I got to the C grade. We'll see what he does in the upcoming months to determine his yearly grade.

What do you think?

RangerFan10 01-06-2010 12:59 PM

Good assesments for the most part.

nyr2k2 01-06-2010 01:01 PM

I'd give Redden as C as well. I think he's been pretty even with Rozsival if you look at the season so far as a whole.

Otherwise, very fair grades.

haohmaru 01-06-2010 01:01 PM

Am I missing something or are most of those players without a grade?

nyr2k2 01-06-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 23042420)
Am I missing something or are most of those players without a grade?

Only 6 of 24, and that's because they've barely played any games for us.

haohmaru 01-06-2010 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 23042444)
Only 6 of 24, and that's because they've barely played any games for us.

"Gaborik - He’s pretty much carried this team the entire year.
Prospal - A great signing after being boughtout last year, well deserved “A”.
Cally - Scoring dip, but still on pace for around 20. Brings it every night in all situations
Kotalik - Helps the PP when hes playing- and on, but has been dreadful even strength.
MDZ - Has a lot to learn on defense, but those are great numbers for a rookie D man. Love the fact that he isnt afraid to mix it up.
Dubinksy - Has been inconsistent up until late, injury - Must continue to grow in 2nd half.
Anisimov - Play is underrated. On pace for 15 and doesnt get a ton of time, take next step in 2nd half.
Drury - D - if not for his PK, work ethic and play of late. But not worth a 4 mil contract right now.
Staal - Early responsibilites screwed with head, but has been strong. Needs to take a notch higher and he will.
Avery - Work ethic has been good, but not scoring. Has to be Avery again, while staying out of box.
Girardi - On a whole, I think hes regressed. Need more offensively, positionally and emotionally.
Rozsival - Not as bad as some think, but he has a lot more to offer, and more consistently.
Higgins - Can’t dispute his work ethic and perseverance - but he simply isnt scoring. Dissapointment
Lisin - Has skill, but hasnt put it all together. Has been working hard lately. Is there a next level?
Gilroy - Expecting more offensively, but he is a rookie. His defense has been OK. 2nd half is big for him.
Redden - Some think he has played better, but its not by much. Hes a shadow of his former self and isnt involved enough.
Boyle - Has worked hard and has been a valuable PK man. But he has to use his size more.
Christ - Struggles with confidence issues. Maybe he’ll hit a stride here on the top line.
P.A. - Has played alright when hes gotten the chance, but this isnt the team for him to grow on.
Byers - Could be playing in Donald Brashear’s spot IMO
Brashear - Seems uniterested other than cashing his paycheck. Shows no leadership or ability to play.
Voros - Would rather have him on the 4th line and thats saying a lot about Brashear.
Sangs - Needs to continue to build at the AHL level. Got his feet wet and thats good."

I only see Drury with a "D". Nothing else shows up for me.

nyr2k2 01-06-2010 01:09 PM

The grades he gave them are in a picture above his comments on each player. Is that not showing up for you?

haohmaru 01-06-2010 01:11 PM

Nope. Mac Firefox FTL.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-06-2010 01:19 PM

Hmmm... ill put them next to the player. Im on a Mac, must be a Windows thing. ;)

haohmaru 01-06-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 23042727)
Hmmm... ill put them next to the player. Im on a Mac, must be a Windows thing. ;)

I'm a Mac guy that had to buy Windows POS for my beer distributor because there was next to nothing out there for Mac OS.

I $%%^%%$$ hate Windows! >:(

Edit: I think I'd disagree with Dubi (20 pts in 28 games and this recent turnaround happens to coincide with him being back in the lineup. B - B+. Girardi I'd give a B-, I think he started slow but has been excellent defensively. I'd give MDZ a B also, because after his really blazing start he has 1 point in 10 games and the PP has been slowing down - coupled with the fact that his D needs some work.

RangerFan10 01-06-2010 01:35 PM

Marian Gaborik - A+
Do I need to explain why?

Vinny Prospal - B+
Started off like a saint, he tapered off a lot before his injury, but did anyone really expect him to keep that pace?

Erik Christensen - B
Started off slow, 9 games without a point after the waiver claim, but his positive attitude and recent play with Gaborik and Dubinsky yield him an excellent grade, as in his limited time here, he's done nothing but good things, IMO.

Brandon Dubinsky - A-
He's had maybe one or two bad games where it was easy to say afterwards he was a reason they lost. BUT he has 20 points in 29 games played and has, to me, shown he's a top 6 player thus far. He needs to continue with this kind of consistency if we want to continue to win games, he's very important to our lineup at this point.

Ryan Callahan - A-
As already stated, on pace for 20 goals again, model 3rd line player and Tortarella is trying to use him in all the right ways. He's spent most of his time on the 3rd line despite injuries and line juggling. Cally's the type of player you would have a hard time giving a lower grade to even if he had no points, because he rarely does anything blatantly wrong or bad.

Chris Drury - C
He needs to score more, period. He had one hot streak around Christmas that seems to have ended already. I can deal with the fact that he's nothing but a decent 3rd line center at this point, but for his salary he needs to be more consistent.

Artem Anisimov - B-
A solid rookie season, but I was hoping he'd be a little more consistent than what he has been. He has however, handled demotions to the 4th line well. He needs to fill out physically, and learn to keep his head up!

Sean Avery - C
Hasn't produced as much as he has for us in the past, AND hasn't really brought the sandpaper factor the way he used to on a nightly basis. I realize a lot has happened since his last stint in New York, but he's really not living up to expectations. A good third liner, but that's not the reason he's on this team. Can you imagine if Sather gave him $4mil a year???

Chris Higgins - C
I think a lot of unrealistic expectations were made about Higgins this off-season since a lot of us did not know much about him. He's been another model 3rd liner - It's a shame we have about 5 or 6 of those on the team. Needs to score on more of his chances, period.

Enver Lisin - C
Would've given him a C- or a D if it wasn't for his effort, his foot injury, and him turning his play around a little bit. I think the future projects well for Enver, this just isn't his year. I give him respect for having a great attitude about the way Tortarella handled him, not many players would've handled being dressed but not seeing a minute of ice time well like he did.

Ales Kotalik - D
He's the definition of one dimensional. He had a hot start, and as it was in all his other former cities has been very hot and cold. I don't even enjoy having him on the powerplay, if his shots don't go in they're never low enough to be deflected, if they go wide the puck usually whips around the boards and out of the zone, and he's a clear liability on the point. At even strength he's one of the most worthless players I've ever seen. The only reason he doesn't get an F is because he has provided a decent amount of scoring and is on pace to score about 20 or so, something too many of our other players aren't on pace to do.

Brian Boyle - C
Pretty much filling his role fine. Had a rough patch where he was a healthy scratch but came back fine. PK's well, plays pretty solid at even strength, willing to drop the gloves if he has to and defend his teammates. A fine replacement for Blair Betts, probably a little overpriced for a 3rd rounder though...

Aaron Voros - D+
His fighting's been much better this season, he's a great lockerroom guy, and he gives it his all everytime he's on the ice. He's also limited the dumb penalties in recent games. That doens't change the fact that he's an average 4th liner at best that shouldn't play every game.

Donald Brashear - F
Doesn't have many fights this season, plays like he's 50. I've seen him play well this season before, and I've been one of the Brashear apologists around here, mainly because I do think he's been hurt and other players may've gone on IR, but he deserves an F, plain and simple.

PA Parenteau - D
Had his chance up here and didn't do much. Got plenty of time on pretty much every line including Gaborik's. Can't knock the kid's hustle, but I bet even Kotalik would score on Gaborik's line.

Dane Byers - D+
Played with sandpaper and heart when this team seemed to lack it, but I really don't think he took advantage of his call-up. His fights were brutal to watch.

Marc Staal - A-
It's been a good season for Staal after a very shaky start. He's a big part of the reason we've only been giving up 2-3 goals a game, it's not ALL Hank. Would still like to see him put up more points, but he's been our best defenseman lately.

Dan Girardi - B-
I don't really care what others say, Girardi's been having a good year. He's our only physical defenseman, and if he just learned how to clear the crease with more tenacity he'd be a very servicable top 4 defenseman.

Michael Del Zotto - C+
Obviously wasn't going to keep up his pace from the beginning of the season, but he's only scored a few points over the course of the last 14 games or so. I'm pretty sure last game is the first time he's finished with a positive +/- as well. If he was eligible to go to the AHL, he'd probably be there, as much as we've liked him and as well as he's played for a 19 year old rookie.

Matt Gilroy - C
A bit higher expectations than Del Zotto for Gilroy given his age and contract. It seems if we want offense from Gilroy, it's at the price of bad defense, and if we want solid defense from Gilroy, he's not going to give us much offensively. I'm dissapointed to find that Gilroy has a really weak shot from the point and that his offensive prowless comes from pinching. I refuse to join the Gilroy should move to forward bandwagon because he'd be a 3rd line player at best.

Michael Roszival - C
Despite playing pretty bad for the first 20-30 games, he's really come around and been more confident recently, minus a bad game or two. If he can continue to play like this I think he may possess some trade value after the season, maybe even the deadline.

Wade Redden - D-
He was steady at the beginning of the year, but the more the year went on the more I figured this was because he was getting minimal ice time. I suppose he's still a serviceable third pair defenseman, but that contract needs to go. We can debate about how we get rid of it all day and night but I think we can all agree there's no way next year's team includes Wade Redden.

Ilkka Heikkenen - B-
His short time here, in my opinion, was very solid and he looked really comfortable out there. May not be the biggest guy on the ice but he loves to take the body. I kind of wish he was up over Gilroy still.

Bobby Sanguinetti - C+
Some games he looked very comfortable, other games (specifically our 5-2 win over the Islanders at the Coliseum) he looked lost. He'll benefit from more time in the AHL, and I understand if we trade him but I'm pretty excited about the NHL player he's going to be. I think he'll end up being a Brian Campbell type, except maybe more consistent with his physical game.

Henrik Lundqvist - A+
Same as Gaborik, do I really need to explain?

Stephen Valiquette - F
Really put us in a tough spot this year after we gave him another year under contract.

Chad Johnson - Incomplete
Still hasn't won over Tortarella as a solid candidate to back-up Lundqvist all year and it's really taking it's toll on Hank IMO. He handled a rough game pretty well when he got his first action, and hopefully he does more to up this grade when he does finally see the ice.

WhipNash27 01-06-2010 01:44 PM

Here's what I go with. I hate letters though. I just pulled them out of my ass. I see no reason to give any player who tries a D or F unless they contribute absolutely nothing. I don't see that with anyone except maybe Brashear.

Gaborik A+ : Keeping the team alive
Prospal A : Having a solid season and contibuting more than we expected
Cally B : I expect more offense from him. Everything else is there. He's starting to wake up.
Kotalik C- : Was important to the PP to start but has trailed off. Last couple games he's been a bit better
Dubinksy C+ : Was injured for bit, but when given the opportunity he hasn't shown that he can be a #1 center. However, the team has played much better since his return.
Anisimov B : He's a pleasant surprise but has a lot of growing to do
Drury C- : Solid PK & defensively, but not living up to his contract. He has glimpses of offense then disappears again.
Avery B- : He's been busting his ass every night and has shown great leadership when very few others have
Higgins C : Tries hard every game, can't finish
Lisin C : Hasn't gotten enough of a chance to make an impact, then again the few chances that he got haven't shown much.
Boyle C : Isn't better than Betts was, but provides essentially the same contributions

MDZ A- : He's been great, he's still learning and he's been more physical lately. He has quite some ways to go defensively. He needs more consistency though.
Gilroy B- : He's been pretty solid defensively, hasn't done much offensively especially compared to what we expected
Redden C+ : Been pretty good defensively (more than I expected), but for what he's making I expect a rock back there. Doesn’t provide much offensively, has too many lapses defensively.
Staal B+ : Considering the players he plays against on a nightly basis he's been doing well, but could improve more. The last few weeks have been a lot better. I hope he keeps it up.
Girardi B+ : The most underrated defenseman on the team. People pick on him for reasons unknown to me. He makes big plays on a nightly basis.
Rozsival C : He has good games and he has horrible games. He turns the puck over at the worst times and he can't seem to ever hold the puck in the zone. He's also soft in that he has the ability to make the big hit but rarely does.

Lundqvist A- : When he's on he's amazing, but he always seems to have an annual slump. Too inconsistent, hasn't exceeded expectations at all.

Tortorella B+ : He's doing the best with what he has. We may not agree with his methods at times, but we're in 7th place right?
Sather C- : With the exception of Gaborik he did nothing right this offseason. I'm still waiting to see what he does in the coming months.

Bluenote13 01-06-2010 02:12 PM

Marian Gaborik - A+
MVP Candidate

Henrik Lundqvist - A-
Has been great lately. Frustrated that Big Vali was cast out and the team infront of him rarely plays a full game effort, but every night gives us a chance to win.

Vinny Prospal - B+
Good player, can't imagine where this team would be w/o him and Gaby, but of course we are relying on him too much, so he gets injured of course.

Brandon Dubinsky - B
If he stays consistent his grade gets bumped. Injuries didnt help.

Ryan Callahan - B+
He hits and works hard, very good on the PK, but he has to bury more chances if he's gonna play top minutes.

Chris Drury - C +
Average 1st half, then he was injured. Playing well now though, including that nice pass to setup Higgins GWG Monday.

Artem Anisimov - B
Making strides, developing youngster should play limited minutes, but Torts has to get him some PP time if the PP continues to stink up the joint.

Sean Avery - C
Effort is there but he clearly is not being his annoying self that gets under the skin of everyone. He, like many on this team, should be better down the stretch.

Chris Higgins - C
Effort is there with Higgy, just needs some confidence. Maybe the GWG from Monday gives him that.

Enver Lisin - C
Some nice plays here and there, doesnt get alot of icetime but doesnt show he deserves it at this point.

Ales Kotalik - D +
His bread and butter is PP and shootouts. Not doing enough in either category. The PP is so bad Torts has to have patience with him.

Brian Boyle - C
Good on the PK, but I don't see a whole lot at even strength.

Aaron Voros - D+
Still not a factor in most facets of the game, but he has grit and isn't afraid to mix it up when needed.

Donald Brashear - D+
See Voros.

Marc Staal - B+
Now that he's back to taking care of his end instead of trying to do too much on offense he has been very good.

Dan Girardi - B
He has played well, especially considering how much of the load he's asked to carry game after game.

Michael Del Zotto - B+
One of the best breakout passes on the team, has been one of the more consistent offensive playes on the team, all at 19.

Matt Gilroy - C+
Not an easy transition from College to Pros, he's looked good at times. Gonna take his lumps as a rookie Dman, but handled everything nicely so far.

Michael Roszival - C
He was really bad the first 1/4, but has been pretty stable lately. Everyone is waiting for him to come out of it and resort to his old self but I hope this new Rosy proves us wrong.

Wade Redden - C-
He was a steady force on the D for awhile, then was hurt and unfairly singled out when most of the team was playing like ****. He's been okay since. I don't have high expectations, just play good D and you've done your role.

Erik Christensen - Incomplete
Still too soon to really know what we have, played well recently though.

Ilkka Heikkenen - Incomplete

Bobby Sanguinetti - Incomplete

Stephen Valiquette - Incomplete

Chad Johnson - Incomplete

PA Parenteau - Incomplete

Dane Byers - Incomplete

Dagoon44 01-06-2010 02:20 PM

Anyone who gives Hank a A proves a few points.

A) They can not judge hockey talent without having their hearts involved.

B) They prove they will never be a NHL GM or scout

The guy is a B- at best. He has played great at times but he has also been brutal and inconsistent more often then not.

clmetsfan 01-06-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 23043784)

The guy is a B- at best. He has played great at times but he has also been brutal and inconsistent more often then not.

Pot, meet kettle. Lundqvist has been more consistent than previous seasons, posting his best SV% since his rookie year and has yet to hit a serious slump, which he is usually smack in the middle of at this point. He definitely slumped slightly in November, but it was short-lived and he has been playing about as well as he ever has over the past month or so.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-06-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Are you serious?

Is anyone aspiring to be one here? Are you?

:laugh:

Jaromir Jagr 01-06-2010 02:37 PM

I'd put Staal a notch higher, Dubinsky a notch higher, and Anisimov a notch lower.

Overall, pretty agreeable. It's also sad that the whole team on average is like a C, at best. Terrible. Really bad team to watch.

I already miss the Jagr days.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-06-2010 02:39 PM

Prob right about Dubinsky guys...

But its probably because ive been a little disappointed with his growth, up until the last few games where hes played well.

Ill upgrade him to a B- or B. But i dont think hes been great on consistent basis to earn an A, injury or not.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-06-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 23043130)
Lundqvist A- : When he's on he's amazing, but he always seems to have an annual slump. Too inconsistent, hasn't exceeded expectations at all.

How does a player you described get an A-?

GothamRanger 01-06-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

While I agree that some people tend to overrate Lundqvist, there is no way we are where we are without his play. He's been the reason one of the worst offenses in the league has been able to win any games. If we'd been winning and losing a lot of games 4-3, 5-4 you may have a point, but that simply hasn't been the case.

Most of the games where we've let up a lot of goals has been due to the fact that the team mentality checked out so early in the game.

He at worst gets a B+

WhipNash27 01-06-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 23044202)
How does a player you described get an A-?

Because he's still playing well, just not meeting expectations. He's supposed to be an elite goaltender and isn't playing like one. I can go with B+ if that makes more sense. As I said, I just pulled the letters out of my ass.

HockeyBasedNYC 01-06-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GothamRanger (Post 23044240)
While I agree that some people tend to overrate Lundqvist, there is no way we are where we are without his play. He's been the reason one of the worst offenses in the league has been able to win any games. If we'd been winning and losing a lot of games 4-3, 5-4 you may have a point, but that simply hasn't been the case.

Most of the games where we've let up a lot of goals has been due to the fact that the team mentality checked out so early in the game.

He at worst gets a B+

Thats a better assessment.

I give him credit for two things though.

1 - As an elite goaltender hes probably has had more pressure put on him than any other in the league because of the lack of scoring by his team. If he is expected to stop every stoppable shot, then we should expect Gaborik to net a goal and an assist every night and not make any bad plays. The role of a goaltender is scrutinized at a higher level than any other position on the team, especially this team.

2 - He never complains, and always responds to the media after losses with thoughts about what HE can do better. He has shown a ton of leadership with this team and the meeting he called turned things around after he went out and backed it up with stellar play for several games. Thats part of the grade for me. Guys like Redden who ***** and moan do nothing about it. Certain personalities in this league are selfish and it hurts the team. This is one of the top players and ambassadors of this team and he acts and plays like it.

GothamRanger 01-06-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 23044322)
Thats a better assessment.

I give him credit for two things though.

1 - As an elite goaltender hes probably has had more pressure put on him than any other in the league because of the lack of scoring by his team. If he is expected to stop every stoppable shot, then we should expect Gaborik to net a goal and an assist every night and not make any bad plays. The role of a goaltender is scrutinized at a higher level than any other position on the team, especially this team.

2 - He never complains, and always responds to the media after losses with thoughts about we HE can do better. He has shown a ton of leadership with this team and the meeting he called turned things around after he went out and backed it up with stellar play for several games. To me thats part of the grade for me. Guys like Redden who ***** and moan do nothing about it. Certain personalities in this league are selfish and it hurts the team. This is one of the top players and ambassadors of this team and he acts and plays like it.

Agreed. It's always him covering up for everyone else, when's the last time the skaters 1.) were in a position to cover his butt and 2.) actually did, deflecting any would be criticism of him?

Bleed Ranger Blue 01-06-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 23044303)
Because he's still playing well, just not meeting expectations. He's supposed to be an elite goaltender and isn't playing like one. I can go with B+ if that makes more sense. As I said, I just pulled the letters out of my ass.

What are your expectations exactly?

To have a higher save percentage than .920%?

As far as Im concerned, thats the most important stat for a goalie, and anything around .920 is damn good.

Florida Ranger 01-06-2010 02:59 PM

I wouldn't give neither Higgins or Redden a D.

Higgins plays an all-around solid game, but he's missing his scoring touch. I know it hurts the team not scoring, but I'd still give him a C+.

Close with Redden. I'd give him a C+. I know he doesn't score. I know he isn't quick. :wally: I know he doesn't live up to the contract. What I know is that he's not making a ton of mistakes from what I've been watching this year. Yeah, he's slow, but he doesn't jump to far up, if not at all, like he did last year because he probably realizes he's not quick enough to get back in time. So he doesn't get caught out of position as much. I think he's played decent, but nothing worth more than a C+