HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rumor: Supposed Lee drama and trade rumor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=722268)

JonnyMacSen 01-06-2010 04:48 PM

Supposed Lee drama and trade rumor

I know the source is about as reliable as Eklund but thought it might be worth discussing since there has been alot of mystery around Lee in the last month or so.

http://www.sportstalkbuzz.com/index....ding-brian-lee

Man does he ever chew up Murray!

I think I'm one of the few on here who doesn't want Whitney or any other "vet" for prospects so hopefully there's nothing to this, plus I think Lee is worth more than some are claiming.

Thoughts?

The Chef* 01-06-2010 04:58 PM

this is the same kevin lee from hockeybuzz a while back?

yeah...i don't believe anything this guy writes.

shibster 01-06-2010 04:59 PM

Kevin Lee has absolutely no hockey contacts, and knows less about the game than my left testicle. Anything he writes is 100%, absolute garbage.

DJB 01-06-2010 05:00 PM

The same Kevin LIAR that was fired by E-Poo? Everything he writes is pure garbage... :laugh:

sens4life 01-06-2010 05:03 PM

Whitney has a no trade clause, so he'd have to waive that. Is Ottawa the team he'd waive it for? Especially being a UFA next season? I doubt it.

Madskillz65 01-06-2010 05:04 PM

That guy is an absolute idiot.

sens4life 01-06-2010 05:05 PM

"Many people close to the organization believe the Murray's are screwing up the farm team in a big way. Bingo has a lack of depth with too many marginal AHL players, either because of where they were drafted or their contracts. I am told some of the marginal AHL players should be played in the ECHL before they are ready but that hasn't happened. Then again, this is the same Bryan and Tim Murray who haven't once showed their faces in Binghamton and that goes all the way back to last year. How your GM and Asst. GM can be so absent from the AHL team is ridiculous and someone needs to be held accountable! Where are you Eugene Melnyk?"

bdp 01-06-2010 05:05 PM

Add another name to the list of players that want to leave Ottawa while Murray is in charge. Corvo, Heatley, Lee, who's next? :shakehead

That said, Lee for Filatov.

The Fuhr* 01-06-2010 05:05 PM

brutal source

The Fuhr* 01-06-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sens4life (Post 23045626)
"Many people close to the organization believe the Murray's are screwing up the farm team in a big way. Bingo has a lack of depth with too many marginal AHL players, either because of where they were drafted or their contracts. I am told some of the marginal AHL players should be played in the ECHL before they are ready but that hasn't happened. Then again, this is the same Bryan and Tim Murray who haven't once showed their faces in Binghamton and that goes all the way back to last year. How your GM and Asst. GM can be so absent from the AHL team is ridiculous and someone needs to be held accountable! Where are you Eugene Melnyk?"

So stupid. Tims worked very hard at making Bingo respectable

FolignoQuantumLeap 01-06-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sens4life (Post 23045626)

Ahahahaha, there's Kevin Lee in a nutshell. :laugh: There's so much wrong with that quote its hard to know where to begin.

JonnyMacSen 01-06-2010 05:13 PM

Yeah I was always under the impression Murray was doing his best to restock the Bingo team after Muckler left it pretty much empty.

And Hennessy on the 2nd line in the NHL? no thanks...

SpezDispenser 01-06-2010 05:46 PM

Wicked bad source.

Alfredsson11 01-06-2010 05:51 PM

would somebody from Bingo be able to comment on Lee's play as of late?

danishh 01-06-2010 05:56 PM

kevin lee is a terrible writer, knows nothing about the cba, and has absolutely no legitimate sources in ottawa. He also has very strange prospect assessments. He is a terrible source.

On the other hand, this thread stays open to discuss Brian Lee situation, as long as no one actually believes Kevin Lee's 'facts'.

JonnyMacSen 01-06-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 23046391)
kevin lee is a terrible writer, knows nothing about the cba, and has absolutely no legitimate sources in ottawa. He also has very strange prospect assessments. He is a terrible source.

On the other hand, this thread stays open to discuss Brian Lee situation, as long as no one actually believes Kevin Lee's 'facts'.

Thanks, I'm aware of K. Lie's track record for sure but figured it might be worth posting to start up a convo on Lee's status/rumors/trade value etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 (Post 23046329)
would somebody from Bingo be able to comment on Lee's play as of late?

I would also like to hear from some-one in the know on whether Lee is really playing like a "ECHL" dman and if he is/has been having issues with the coach.

Alfredsson11 01-06-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 23046391)

Good.

As for Kevin Lee, you know your bad when you get kicked out of HockeyBuzz

Jackie Treehorn 01-06-2010 06:26 PM

This Kevin Lee character aside, I get the feeling Lee will be moving on. He's almost surely going to ask for a one-way deal this summer and we have about 5 players ahead of him on the depth chart not counting volchenkov, Picard, Campoli. So it's looking like he would be a longshot to be on the roster, so he's likely headed elsewhere.

Yelnats Puc 01-06-2010 06:31 PM

You would think a "journalist" would know that you don't pluralize proper nouns with an apostrophe.

It's the "Murrays," Mr. Lee, not the "Murray's."

Alfredsson11 01-06-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yelnats Puc (Post 23046903)
You would think a "journalist" would know that you don't pluralize proper nouns with an apostrophe.

It's the "Murrays," Mr. Lee, not the "Murray's."

is he a journalist? Or just a blogger

SpezDispenser 01-06-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 (Post 23046923)

Neither? :sarcasm:

Yelnats Puc 01-06-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 (Post 23046923)

Unfortunately, too many bloggers today consider themselves journalists.

gobsens 01-06-2010 07:03 PM

While I definitely am not a Brian Lee fan, I have not seen one shred of evidence that he is making himself a problem. He was injured for a while, which led to blog commenters assuming he was faking to get out of Bingo or whatever. His play this year has been better than the last couple years. I would say he is not as good as Karlsson, who himself is only a "good" AHL defenseman, and only then due to his offensive skills.

DaveMatthew 01-06-2010 07:17 PM

I'm still waiting for that Ray Emery for Dustin Brown deal to go down.

Tyskie 01-06-2010 10:00 PM

I don't believe any of this talk of Lee having an attitude but I could definitely see him being traded fairly soon. With Karlsson and Cowen coming through plus Weircoch etc, I don't see too much room for him in the future.

Not to mention whenever I see Lee all I can think of is Kopitar and what could have been. :(