HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   PGT: Kings lose one vz the flamin' hubcaps >.<! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=722844)

Roxo 01-08-2010 12:13 AM

Kings lose one vz the flamin' hubcaps >.<!

first star
J. Howard
Red Wings (G )

second star
D. Brown

third star
Kings (RW)
R. Smyth

Shellz 01-08-2010 12:13 AM

We didn't get a point.

kingsholygrail 01-08-2010 12:14 AM

That about sums it up. Kings still can't get the Red Wings monkey off their back.

Roxo 01-08-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelle121 (Post 23076678)
We didn't get a point.

oh snap... ur right

KingsKnight 01-08-2010 12:16 AM

(Just posted this to the GDT before realizing the PGT was up)

I've calmed down a bit. We didn't play poorly, we just ran into a hot goalie. The Red Wings seems excited to have beat us. Which is actually a good thing, since in past years they would have expected that win, and now they have to battle us to get it. That's a good sign. Anyway, still a tough pill to swallow, but in the end we played well for 57 min, and just couldn't (or chose not to) find a way to win it.

Muzzinga 01-08-2010 12:16 AM

Meh no big deal, its just another loss, we will lose more later in the season aswell. At least they know if they play like that every game, we will be looking for a top 4 seed in the playoffs. At least this game showed us (reconfirmed) that Ivanans has no place in this team

FrozenKing18 01-08-2010 12:16 AM

any1 going this Saturday? my business class is having a fieldtrip to STAPLES we gonna watch the game after some conference.......well be sitting on the 200s

Shellz 01-08-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roshole (Post 23076715)
oh snap... ur right

I wish I wasn't.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Muzzinga 01-08-2010 12:18 AM

I also hated the way they played after scoring. They were vastly outplaying the Wings and had all the momentum, yet played for ot after scoring. If they had played to win, and kept the tempo up, they would have stood a real good chance of taking the 2 points in regulation

KingsKnight 01-08-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtreme1995 (Post 23076730)
any1 going this Saturday? my business class is having a fieldtrip to STAPLES we gonna watch the game after some conference.......well be sitting on the 200s

I'll be up in the nosebleeds with some friends.

KingsKnight 01-08-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sw1tch (Post 23076750)
I also hated the way they played after scoring. They were vastly outplaying the Wings and had all the momentum, yet played for ot after scoring. If they had played to win, and kept the tempo up, they would have stood a real good chance of taking the 2 points in regulation

Exactly. I wondered where the intensity went. We needed a more energetic next shift.

ShattStar03 01-08-2010 12:21 AM

The better and more dominate team lost.

FrozenKing18 01-08-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsKnight (Post 23076751)
I'll be up in the nosebleeds with some friends.

thats where were suppose to sit but my stepdad payedd extra to get to the 200s :handclap:

Cruel11 01-08-2010 12:21 AM

A lot of face palms during the game.
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a.../palmfaces.gif

Roxo 01-08-2010 12:22 AM

as shelle mentioned to me... i hope this isn't payback for the game against the sharks.. cuz... the next two games against the sharks are at LA sooo I hope we still cream them... (Or my roommate will give me hell!)

JT Dutch* 01-08-2010 12:23 AM

… Well, everyone wants to talk about the Kings being a young team, a team that needs to learn how to win in the NHL -- this is a hard lesson, right here tonight. As many shots as they had, as many chances they created, for all the things they did right, they just didn’t play the full 60 minutes and it cost them. There was an emotional letdown after the tying goal, and maybe that would have been a good time to call a TO and remind the players to stay alert; to stay focused and intense. Their job was only half done. The Wings have a lot of pride, and they know how to win. They taught the Kings a thing or two tonight about not panicking and about doing the things that are necessary. Sure, Detroit had luck on their side tonight, but being lucky doesn’t guarantee anything. They still had to go out there and score the goals, and they did it.

The WRONG way to deal with this is to forget it ... no way the Kings should forget this. They need to learn from this. If in fact the Kings do become the team that they’re projected to be, they should point to this game as one of the steps they had to take in order to become an elite team. They had 52 shots on goal and lost the game, and now the big task is to live with it. Now, the Kings have six more games on this home stand, and after that, a tough road trip. They have a choice … they can spit the bit and mail it in like sooooooooo many Kings’ teams have done in the past, or they can choose to put in the extra effort in the games they have remaining and prevent that sort of thing from ever happening again. They’re being tested. These are the things a losing organization has to overcome before they can turn the identity and the nature of the franchise around.

ProPAIN 01-08-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingsKnight (Post 23076719)
(Just posted this to the GDT before realizing the PGT was up)

I've calmed down a bit. We didn't play poorly, we just ran into a hot goalie. The Red Wings seems excited to have beat us. Which is actually a good thing, since in past years they would have expected that win, and now they have to battle us to get it. That's a good sign. Anyway, still a tough pill to swallow, but in the end we played well for 57 min, and just couldn't (or chose not to) find a way to win it.

Look, the reason we are excited is we got out shot, outplayed by a really strong team, with a roster riddled with injuries. LA are a really good team this year and a win against any strong team is an 'exciting' experience. You guys deserved the win, but got robbed. But, we have been getting this kind of luck for the past few months now, we out shoot the opponent but give away SO for free. I'm just saying, good game, bad luck and good luck for the playoff run :)

Hollywood 01-08-2010 12:25 AM

I really hope we don't make a trade and trade away something valuable... We are in a good spot in the standings and should finish this season off as it is now... We have holes up front and in the back end... in a playoff type game tonight the holes were exposed, despite dominating in the stats department...
If Kopi is to remain our #1 centre he really needs to start dominating... He is very average on the puck drop and it pisses me off...
As for the game...disapointing but whatever...they are a good team...Ivanans should not have played bottom line...Bad call.

Muzzinga 01-08-2010 12:26 AM

People need to stop panicking and worrying about the playoffs already and the fact Detroit are now only 3 points behind. Its way to early to be worrying about individual teams, we shouldnt be worrying about the fact Detroit individually gained on us, the playoff spot isnt between us and them. All 3 of Detroit, Vancouver and Nashville have played 5, or more, more home games than us, yet we are alongside them all in points. They should be worrying about us taking the higher playoff spots at this point

Sydor25 01-08-2010 12:26 AM

These games happen to all teams. It is how you react after them that matters. The Kings have six more games at home and if they play the same way as tonight, they probably win all six.

O'Donnell got beat and Quick wasn't able to bail him out. Can't feel bad about the effort from the Kings. Howard made some amazing saves tonight.

Willard 01-08-2010 12:35 AM

The hockey gods hate seeing the Kings beat the Red Wings, I am convinced.

So they never ever let it happen.

52 shots on goal? Still no can do, say the deities on Hockey Olympus.

The Kings used up a lot of beat-Detroit karma in the 2001 playoffs and for years afterward, they must pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay when they play Detroit, say the hockey gods.

/co-authored by extra beer, a lot of extra beer

FootKnight 01-08-2010 12:38 AM

Just finished watching the game on the DVR. What the ****, man? I don't even know what to say... besides "**** you, hockey gods." I'm just shocked we didn't even get a point... I... ****.

JDM 01-08-2010 12:47 AM

Single most frustrating game of the last 6 years.

Howard didn't deserve it. Brown was garbage.

I'm lucky I got home without a misdemeanor.

**** me.

RightKinger 01-08-2010 01:05 AM

Brown should not be on the first line. He is simply not a smart enough hockey player to be on the first line. Put Moller on the first line and drop Brown to the second. At least give it a try instead of throwing Moller out there with the big ugly ogre for 7minutes a game.

Ivanans is ****ing trash. Doesn't hit, doesn't fight AND he takes ******** penalties. Bench the ogre.

RightKinger 01-08-2010 01:05 AM

I've never been more pissed after a Kings loss.