HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   From a lifelong B's fan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72305)

Mad-Marcus 04-20-2004 07:01 AM

From a lifelong B's fan

Congratulations,
You guys played with heart and soul and pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in recent history.
I will not make too many excuses for my B's. Not enough leadership, which it seem your team has an over abundance. Maybe a healthy Thornton, but shoulds, coulda, woulda!
It certainly wasn't our goaltending, or our ownership/management this year.

Good luck the rest off the way. TB should be alot more a challenge with their speed.

mcphee 04-20-2004 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad-Marcus
Congratulations,
You guys played with heart and soul and pulled off one of the greatest comebacks in recent history.
I will not make too many excuses for my B's. Not enough leadership, which it seem your team has an over abundance. Maybe a healthy Thornton, but shoulds, coulda, woulda!
It certainly wasn't our goaltending, or our ownership/management this year.

Good luck the rest off the way. TB should be alot more a challenge with their speed.

Not more of a challenge MM, a different challenge. The series was a war that easily could have had both our boards sounding differently today. One shot an inch to the left or right could have had us crying that we deserved to win. A lot of Habs will be in the trainer's room or the hyperbaric chamber today. I have a question about the Bruins. I've read somewhere, or heard talk on the radio, not sure which, that this B's team is an extremely close team as far as everyone getting along. Whoever I heard it from brought up the point that there may be a reluctance to challenge the team internally, because it was such a close room. I don't know if you know what I mean, but do you think that this may be factor with the B's of the last 2-3 years ? Can a team be a bit too laid back&harmonius ?

WBC8 04-20-2004 07:21 AM

All the best. I've honestly never been in this much pain after a Bruins series loss as I am now, but you guys deserved it.....Good luck the rest of the way..

Mad-Marcus 04-20-2004 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcphee
Not more of a challenge MM, a different challenge. The series was a war that easily could have had both our boards sounding differently today. One shot an inch to the left or right could have had us crying that we deserved to win. A lot of Habs will be in the trainer's room or the hyperbaric chamber today. I have a question about the Bruins. I've read somewhere, or heard talk on the radio, not sure which, that this B's team is an extremely close team as far as everyone getting along. Whoever I heard it from brought up the point that there may be a reluctance to challenge the team internally, because it was such a close room. I don't know if you know what I mean, but do you think that this may be factor with the B's of the last 2-3 years ? Can a team be a bit too laid back&harmonius ?

That's why much has been made of Thornton's biggest year of improvement coming under Keenan. I think Sully is a good coach, but it's hard to tell how much of a disciplinarian he is because it's all kept inside the room. Thornton responds to public challenges, just not when he's taking shots, just to stay on the ice.

But this thread should go over to our own site if we are going to discuss the B's.

Montreal played well. Good luck to them. Their going to need it. The teams that are left are playing much better than we have been.