HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Prust and Rypien going at it (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=723532)

Flames Fanatic 01-09-2010 10:22 PM

Prust and Rypien going at it

Man, TWO extremely long fights. I'd probably give Rypien the slight edge, but Prust wasn't a punching bag by any stretch. He bloodied Rypien in both fights.

Canucks5551 01-09-2010 10:25 PM

I'd agree with that assessment for sure. Prust has really stepped it up in his fights vs. Rypien since he got annihilated last October. Great fights! :handclap:

Flames Fanatic 01-09-2010 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canucks5551 (Post 23110462)
I'd agree with that assessment for sure. Prust has really stepped it up in his fights vs. Rypien since he got annihilated last October. Great fights! :handclap:

Those are the types of fights you don't mind admitting that the other guy did great. Those were two of the best fights I've seen all season.

Philadelphia Flames 01-09-2010 10:29 PM

Here's the first one:

Moobles 01-09-2010 10:48 PM

Prust really kept in it, holding Rypien down. I would've given him the edge but I don't watch tons of boxing so perhaps Rypien had him technically held together. Prust kept with Rypien in the second but didn't throw many, Rypien got quite a few in. Good fights.

Paris in Flames 01-09-2010 11:19 PM

I only saw the one but it was a beautiful fight. Great game in general right now. Gotta love a game with edge.

The Overseer* 01-09-2010 11:58 PM

So, Prust is now 0-5 against Rypien?

Flames Fanatic 01-10-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandlak (Post 23112652)
So, Prust is now 0-5 against Rypien?

I'd say closer to 0-3-2 after tonight.

Lucbourdon 01-10-2010 12:58 AM

Prust wins round 1
Ryp wins round 2

Suter to MacInnis 01-10-2010 01:23 AM

I thought Prust won the first fight too.

I can't really call the second fight with the linesman in front of the camera the whole time. Looked like Rypien's face was opened up again from that cut in round 1.

Great scraps though.

Eytinge 01-10-2010 03:50 AM

Wow great fights. I'd say Prust won round one and Rypien round two.

One thing about Rypien is that if you fight him more, you seem to do better. Both Stortini and Prust are getting better when they fight Rypien.

jammyrft 01-10-2010 12:34 PM

...or rypien knows he can beat the **** out of them so fights with a little less motivation

JerkChicken 01-10-2010 01:10 PM

Draw or possible slight Edge Prust on round one.

Pretty clear win for Rypien in the rematch though.

LOVE IT!

Dubi Doo 01-10-2010 01:58 PM

Dang, Prust fuxed Rypien up in that first fight. Props to Rypien for coming back after eating all those punches towards the middle of the fight. Very good scrap, but Prust was the clear winner of that fight, though it seemed like he got lucky with Rypien falling and all.

I want to see the second fight!

The Overseer* 01-10-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubi Doo (Post 23118930)
Dang, Prust fuxed Rypien up in that first fight. Props to Rypien for coming back after eating all those punches towards the middle of the fight.

Clear overstatement.

Drop The Mits 01-10-2010 04:11 PM

Prust with the first round

tie second round

chris_yk 01-10-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammyrft (Post 23117553)
...or rypien knows he can beat the **** out of them so fights with a little less motivation

That must be it...

Mr. Canucklehead 01-10-2010 11:59 PM

Prust certainly acquitted himself better than the first two times he tried to scrap Rypien. Looks like Rypien's face got cut by his own helmet in the first scrap(wouldn't have happened if he wasn't trying to readjust it to keep it on). Good exchanges of punches. Couldn't believe Prust was still standing in Round 1 after that little exchange where Rypien got him about 3 or 4 clean, solid punches in the face. Prust just kept coming.

Eytinge 01-11-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead (Post 23127667)
Prust certainly acquitted himself better than the first two times he tried to scrap Rypien. Looks like Rypien's face got cut by his own helmet in the first scrap(wouldn't have happened if he wasn't trying to readjust it to keep it on). Good exchanges of punches. Couldn't believe Prust was still standing in Round 1 after that little exchange where Rypien got him about 3 or 4 clean, solid punches in the face. Prust just kept coming.

Yeah either Prust has an iron jaw or Rypien doesn't have a lot of weight behind his jabs. Or a combination of both.

The Overseer* 01-11-2010 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacrosse Guy (Post 23121016)
Prust with the first round

tie second round

The only way anyone could think Prust won either of those fights is if they think whoever lands the fewest punches wins the fight. Prust threw a lot, but landed very few punches. Very few. Watch it again and pay attention to how many punches land.

canucksfan 01-11-2010 12:40 AM

Hockeyfightsdotcom has Prust winning the first one by 5% and Rypien winning round two.

FrankRizzo 01-11-2010 04:09 AM

Gotta give Prust some respect for the effort and heart shown. As said, Rypien with the slightest of edges. But considering the first two fights, and how Prusts head was a virtual speedbag, it was a great effort on his part. He was extremely gassed afterwords. Quite an improvement on Prusts part.

kevinBOOMBOOMbieksa 01-11-2010 10:20 AM

I haven't watched it in slow motion, but live I thought it was 1 each and so did Rypien judging by the scorecard he flashed the bench after round 2. He also wanted a rubber match as he said in his post-game, which probably supports the notion that it was 1-1. You got to give it to Prust for taking him on despite lack of previous success though it didn't look like he wanted to try his luck the second time.

Mr. Canucklehead 01-11-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankRizzo (Post 23128750)
Gotta give Prust some respect for the effort and heart shown. As said, Rypien with the slightest of edges. But considering the first two fights, and how Prusts head was a virtual speedbag, it was a great effort on his part. He was extremely gassed afterwords. Quite an improvement on Prusts part.

Both him and Stortini(even though I hate him, props where its due) have shown an incredible ability to adapt against Rypien. Both of them started out getting absolutely slaughtered, and have improved dramatically in their more recent bouts. Familiarity breeds competition I guess; but from an entertainment standpoint, it only gets better and better for us the fans.

Garv23 01-11-2010 10:52 AM

As a guy who has no ties to either team, I could care less who wins these fights, but damn they're fun to watch. Slight edge to Prust in the first one. I thought that first punch by Rypien in the second fight was kind of cheap though. Jumped the gun which gave him the edge. Especially from a guy who throws so many quick punches, it's hard to get any sort of hold without taking a few first.

Good stuff.