HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Langenbrunner Team USA Captain, Drury *NOT* Alternate (post 25) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=723705)

turcotte8 01-10-2010 01:31 PM

Langenbrunner Team USA Captain, Drury *NOT* Alternate (post 25)

Link from TSN home page

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/hockey/new...tml?cid=rsstsn

OverTheCap 01-10-2010 01:34 PM

Drury and Parise with the "A"s.

Good choices.

Cue all the Drury haters: "OMG he shouldn't be in a leadership position!!!1111"

Darius Dangleaitis 01-10-2010 02:02 PM

We must unite our forces to reach a common goal.

So be it.

RangerBoy 01-10-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis (Post 23118992)

So be it.

The Olympics are a waste of time. You sit there and hope a key player doesn't get hurt. Shut down the season for two weeks. When they come back,it's 2 days and the trading deadline comes.

Shadowtron 01-10-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 23119061)
The Olympics are a waste of time. You sit there and hope a key player doesn't get hurt. Shut down the season for two weeks. When they come back,it's 2 days and the trading deadline comes.

Agree 100%.

SomebodySaveKreider 01-10-2010 02:11 PM

Drury gets an A?

That'll piss off Jeremy Roenick :sarcasm:

we want cup 01-10-2010 02:11 PM

I love the Olympics. It's just bull**** that NHL players are involved.

Darius Dangleaitis 01-10-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 23119108)
I love the Olympics. It's just bull**** that NHL players are involved.

Agreed, and amateur players would be awesome. Imagine the WJC on the Olympic scale? Good heavens.

ColonialsHockey10 01-10-2010 02:45 PM

Congrats to Langenbrunner, Parise and Drury.

clmetsfan 01-10-2010 02:46 PM

Wow, so many haters. I freaking love the Olympics, especially the winter games. And I especially can't wait for the hockey tournament. To each his own I guess.

Can't argue with the captaincy assignments, though I'm a bit surprised Parise got the other A over Rafalski. I figured they would want the defensive corps to be represented, especially with so many youngsters back there. Though either way, those guys are gonna be relying on Rafalski for leadership whether he has an A on his sweater or not.

Bleed Ranger Blue 01-10-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 23119061)

I think this until they actually come.

If the medal games dont get a reaction out of you, you have no pulse.

Fitzy 01-10-2010 04:46 PM

I love the olympics, and love professional involvement. I understand the arguments against, but I think it is only fitting that the best hockey players in the world should get to play for the top athletic achievement in the world.

go USA, and to a lesser extent go Sweden and Slovakia.

pwoz 01-10-2010 04:58 PM

I love the Olympics, but hate the fact that it goes during the NHL season.. just postpone Olympic hockey until the summer... so that we can get some hockey in the summer!

clmetsfan 01-10-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwoz (Post 23121769)
I love the Olympics, but hate the fact that it goes during the NHL season.. just postpone Olympic hockey until the summer... so that we can get some hockey in the summer!

Yeah, I don't think asking the Winter Olympics to postpone until the summer for the sake of an uninterrupted NHL season is what you could call reasonable.

nyr2k2 01-10-2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmetsfan (Post 23119702)
Wow, so many haters. I freaking love the Olympics, especially the winter games. And I especially can't wait for the hockey tournament. To each his own I guess.

Can't argue with the captaincy assignments, though I'm a bit surprised Parise got the other A over Rafalski. I figured they would want the defensive corps to be represented, especially with so many youngsters back there. Though either way, those guys are gonna be relying on Rafalski for leadership whether he has an A on his sweater or not.

I agree 100%. Though I wouldn't object to using amateurs rather than pros, I still love the tournament and look forward to it.

dank 01-10-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 23122388)
I agree 100%. Though I wouldn't object to using amateurs rather than pros, I still love the tournament and look forward to it.

who would they have though? basically the kids who play in WJC? you cant have AHL players right?

FromTheSide 01-10-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis (Post 23118992)

So be it.

Yeah well ,If the oppositon scores i'm blaming it on langenbrunner for bad leadership :sarcasm:

TomLaidlaw 01-10-2010 07:37 PM

It was alarming how much I enjoyed watching Curling during the last Olympics.

RangerBoy 01-11-2010 06:30 AM

Is Drury getting an "A"?

During the Sens-Canes game on Sportsnet yesterday,John Shannon reported Drury isn't getting an "A".

Langenbrunner is the C. Parise,Brown,Rafalski and another player(not Drury.Can't remember his name) are getting the "A's"

FromTheSide 01-11-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 23128974)
Is Drury getting an "A"?

During the Sens-Canes game on Sportsnet yesterday,John Shannon reported Drury isn't getting an "A".

Langenbrunner is the C. Parise,Brown,Rafalski and another player(not Drury.Can't remember his name) are getting the "A's"

A Captain and FOUR A'S

I hate to go all internet on this but LOLWUT? is that how its run during the olympics?

RangerBoy 01-11-2010 07:12 AM

Ryan Suter was the 4th A

RangerBoy 01-11-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOWRanger (Post 23129013)
A Captain and FOUR A'S

I hate to go all internet on this but LOLWUT? is that how its run during the olympics?

The Sportsnet report said 1 C and 4 A's.

John Shannon,Mike Brophy and AJ Broadhead. 1st intermission of Sens-Canes.

Contradicts the Bergen Record story.

pld459666 01-11-2010 07:49 AM

I figure since he was named to the team, giving him an A was probably a decent choice.

However, based on last years play and his play 40+ games into the season I have a real hard time believing that the guys who run the US squad couldn't select a better option than Drury.

that said, he's a senior member of the team and I believe has represented the US in prior competition, he's a respectful individual and will give a good honest effort. The younger guys will benefit from having him there.

Synergy27 01-11-2010 08:43 AM

Well, I know for a fact that everyone that posts here is a hardcore hockey fan. I am shocked to find out that any of you would dislike the Olympics or think it's w waste of time for NHL players to be involved. The Olympics with NHL players is like a hockey orgasm. It's the best hockey possible, I've been getting pumped for this for months now.

RangerBoy 01-11-2010 02:00 PM

Sportsnet was right

Quote:

Alternate captains for Team USA: Zach Parise, Brian Rafalski, Ryan Suter and Dustin Brown.
http://twitter.com/CraigCustance

Burke said Drury doesn't need a letter to be Drury:)