HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: NHL investigating FSN Pittsburgh (UPDATE: employee suspended, post #83) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=724149)

RJNSmith 01-11-2010 08:56 PM

NHL investigating FSN Pittsburgh (UPDATE: employee suspended, post #83)
 
Source: http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/

Quote:

The NHL is investigating Fox Sports Net Pittsburgh for not sending all available camera angles to league headquarters in Toronto for Simon Gagne’s apparent goal that was under review against the Penguins last Thursday, the Daily News has learned.

FSN Pittsburgh, who had the game’s only video feed, allegedly sent all of the camera angles of the replay except the one that clearly showed the puck over the goal line.

Comcast SportsNet elected to not use their own video feed during the game to save money on production costs, one SportsNet employee said on Monday.

Video of the angle in question is shown below.

It is not yet clear whether FSN Pittsburgh purposely excluded the angle or it was an unintentional oversight, though one Penguins announcer can be heard saying “we saved that one” on the broadcast.

The play was ruled no-goal by officials for “inconclusive evidence,” and that angle wasn’t shown by FSN Pittsburgh until after the review produced a no-goal call.

The non-goal, which wound up not impacting the final score, would have given the Flyers a 6-3 lead heading into the second intermission. Coincidentally, the game was the second most watched Penguins regular season telecast ever.

The NHL has given no indication as to length of the investigation or what penalties may come of it.

A message left for FSN Pittsburgh after business hours on Monday has not yet been returned.
I hope something is done about this. Makes me think about other goals that we're no goal that could have been a goal.

FlyHigh 01-11-2010 09:02 PM

It's the NHL's own fault, I would have done the same thing if I was running FSN Pitt and I was a Pens fan.

Mr Oysterhead 01-11-2010 09:06 PM

I like this because it makes FSN Pittsburgh look like a big bag of crap. Which is great. Because they are.

shamski7 01-11-2010 09:22 PM

what could the nhl actually do about this though? not like they'll credit gagne with a goal or anything.

i guess maybe they can give some sanctions to the network?

CS 01-11-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 23139763)
what could the nhl actually do about this though? not like they'll credit gagne with a goal or anything.

i guess maybe they can give some sanctions to the network?

Fines probably.

Valhoun* 01-11-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 23139763)
what could the nhl actually do about this though? not like they'll credit gagne with a goal or anything.

i guess maybe they can give some sanctions to the network?

What would Roger Goodell do if someone tried to **** him in the ass?

That's what Bettman could do. But, well, he doesn't have the balls.

i am dave 01-11-2010 09:28 PM

I'm sure the could fine....... somebody.

In all likelihood, we'll find out in a few days that the NHL has looked into the matter and can find "no evidence of intentional wrongdoing" and blah blah blah.

StevensCakeBakerBacker 01-11-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead (Post 23139407)
I like this because it makes FSN Pittsburgh look like a big bag of crap. Which is great. Because they are.

Ahahahaha! True dat!

I bet Gags gets fined. And, Crosby gets credit for the goal.

ilovetheflyers8 01-11-2010 09:51 PM

Didn't someone post a video of someone in the war room responding to this and what the war room looks like?

edit: If so can you post it because I want to post it in another thread because someone said something stupid.

CharlieGirl 01-11-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am dave (Post 23139918)
I'm sure the could fine....... somebody.

In all likelihood, we'll find out in a few days that the NHL has looked into the matter and can find "no evidence of intentional wrongdoing" and blah blah blah.

This gets my vote.

But I'm glad the NHL is investigating the whole deal.

HoverCarle* 01-11-2010 09:55 PM

hopefully something comes of this,

DrinkFightFlyers 01-11-2010 10:09 PM

Hahahaha. Nice. What a bunch of dicks.

RoDu 01-11-2010 10:10 PM

Didn't one of the FSN commentators says something like I guess we kept that one after the goal was disallowed and they then showed the angle which it was clear?

Scoopyten 01-11-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamski7 (Post 23139763)
what could the nhl actually do about this though? not like they'll credit gagne with a goal or anything.

i guess maybe they can give some sanctions to the network?

The best thing would be that the NHL would take over the video feed operations themselves, instead of relying on broadcasters that have financial deals with individual teams.

It's staggering that a multi-billion dollar business relies exclusively on third party contractors to provide such a vital service.

I'd also love to see a massive fine levied against FSN and/or the Penguins.

Scoopyten 01-11-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoDu (Post 23140719)
Didn't one of the FSN commentators says something like I guess we kept that one after the goal was disallowed and they then showed the angle which it was clear?

Yes they joked about it.

JLHockeyKnight 01-11-2010 10:16 PM

What's worse? Their camera angles or their announcers?
Posted via Mobile Device

CharlieGirl 01-11-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight (Post 23140866)
What's worse? Their camera angles or their announcers?
Posted via Mobile Device

Their announcers. They had the right camera angles - they just didn't give them to the NHL for review.

MsWoof 01-11-2010 10:41 PM

While they're at it can they investigate their stupid announcers too?

XS Chop 01-11-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i am dave (Post 23139918)
I'm sure the could fine....... somebody.

In all likelihood, we'll find out in a few days that the NHL has looked into the matter and can find "no evidence of intentional wrongdoing" and blah blah blah.

If the Flyers had lost. My guess, considering the Flyers won anyway, is that they'll throw some insignificant fine at them to give the allusion that they're unbiased.

How could the league not at the very least have a list of camera's in each stadium so they know an angle is missing? Who's running this multi billion dollar organization, Goofy or Dumbo?

KimiFerrari 01-11-2010 10:55 PM

This is straight dirty.

JXC 01-11-2010 11:07 PM

It is.

Miss Mess 01-11-2010 11:15 PM

Woah, that's intense. I can't believe they can get away with that (even if it was a genuine mistake) during the game...

10 bucks this thread becomes a war between Flyers fans and Penguins fans :laugh:

CS 01-11-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Mess (Post 23142195)
Woah, that's intense. I can't believe they can get away with that (even if it was a genuine mistake) during the game...

10 bucks this thread becomes a war between Flyers fans and Penguins fans :laugh:

You should see the thread on the main board.

It's become a Penguin warzone with fans of every team threatening to dock them draft picks and points in the standings.

The truth is that probably nothing substantial will come from this investigation.

i am dave 01-11-2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XS Chop (Post 23141499)
If the Flyers had lost. My guess, considering the Flyers won anyway, is that they'll throw some insignificant fine at them to give the allusion that they're unbiased.

How could the league not at the very least have a list of camera's in each stadium so they know an angle is missing? Who's running this multi billion dollar organization, Goofy or Dumbo?

I've been wondering this for years. I remember a few times in the mid-90s where we got absolutely SCREWED on replays in... I think it was Edminton?

There needs to be a traveling league official in charge of the in-house replay system for every game. Attach them to the on-ice officiating crews. Not just some dude or dudette who stays in the same city all season who works for the league.

If Toronto is going to have the final say, then information needs to be fed to them via League sources, not network hacks.

LEIFey 01-11-2010 11:30 PM

I hope they get fined. I can't stand FSN Pittsburgh.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.