HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Proposal: Send Brad Richardson to the Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=724673)

Ziostilon 01-13-2010 02:05 AM

Send Brad Richardson to the Canucks

a fan of the Kings, but foremost the Canucks

You guys know your players better than the average Vancouver fan would

What would it take to take him away from LA before the deadline in March?

i know you guys have tons of prospects and picks, so it'll be hard from the Canucks side

Shellz 01-13-2010 02:10 AM

Probably Burrows.

:sarcasm:

Shellz 01-13-2010 02:12 AM

At first I thought it said he was just traded. But, honestly, I don't know what the Kings would want. I'm sure it sounds silly, but we are going probably going to keep him for the same reason you want him. I don't know anything though.

Thrice 01-13-2010 02:15 AM

Untouchable. Sorry.

Telos 01-13-2010 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrice (Post 23168186)
Untouchable. Sorry.

LoL... Well. Considering we paid a 2nd round pick for him and how big he has been for us so far this season, it would probably take an offer more than he is worth to pry him away. Somewhere in the value range between a 2nd and a 1st. I doubt anyone would be willing to pay it. But who knows... I am not Dean Lombardi. If someone offered him a second rounder for him, given our depth, maybe he would do it, but I'd like to think he wouldn't.

RonSwanson* 01-13-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 23168297)
LoL... Well. Considering we paid a 2nd round pick for him and how big he has been for us so far this season, it would probably take an offer more than he is worth to pry him away. Somewhere in the value range between a 2nd and a 1st. I doubt anyone would be willing to pay it. But who knows... I am not Dean Lombardi. If someone offered him a second rounder for him, given our depth, maybe he would do it, but I'd like to think he wouldn't.

I don't know why Dean would do that (Richardson for a 2nd). Considering that what he has brought to the team is worth more than most 2nd rounders can provide, and that the said 2nd rounder would be years away, kinda makes any trade pointless. And as you said, LA traded a 2nd for him.

Telos 01-13-2010 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adevandry (Post 23168363)
I don't know why Dean would do that (Richardson for a 2nd). Considering that what he has brought to the team is worth more than most 2nd rounders can provide, and that the said 2nd rounder would be years away, kinda makes any trade pointless. And as you said, LA traded a 2nd for him.

He probably wouldn't do it anymore since the team is now more geared for being a contender versus stockpiling draft picks, but we have a decent amount of depth and youth in the organization.

I don't know about his future plans for our depth and how he wants to bring youngsters up to the team, but I figured, given his love for top draft picks, if he could replenish his investment he would consider it.

Though, I agree with you that he likely wouldn't. If he were to trade Richardson, I would at least think he would ask for what we paid for him back as a minimum starting point.

We have other youngsters that can step in, and it is not like Richardson is an untouchable asset, but I think his value is a little inflated given how well he has played as of late, so much so that Dean would likely not have to worry about the idea of dealing him off unless through a package.

RonSwanson* 01-13-2010 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 23168404)
He probably wouldn't do it anymore since the team is now more geared for being a contender versus stockpiling draft picks, but we have a decent amount of depth and youth in the organization.

I don't know about his future plans for our depth and how he wants to bring youngsters up to the team, but I figured, given his love for top draft picks, if he could replenish his investment he would consider it.

Though, I agree with you that he likely wouldn't. If he were to trade Richardson, I would at least think he would ask for what we paid for him back as a minimum starting point.

We have other youngsters that can step in, and it is not like Richardson is an untouchable asset, but I think his value is a little inflated given how well he has played as of late, so much so that Dean would likely not have to worry about the idea of dealing him off unless through a package.

I agree. They traded a 2nd for him, they developed him, and I think were they to trade for him, they should get back more than they paid originally.

JDM 01-13-2010 03:18 AM

This discussion is hurting my head.

Kurrilino 01-13-2010 03:42 AM

Richardson is going nowhere..........

he would be a dangerous threat und a hockey coach in a hockey system

123slam 01-13-2010 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 23168488)

Usually you don't type out words the way someone with a German accent would pronounce them :sarcasm:.

Much love Kurrillino! :D

Quattro 01-13-2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurrilino (Post 23168488)

:huh:

Reaper45 01-13-2010 10:19 AM

When I read Kurrilino's posts I think of this German guy.

greengiant91 01-13-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziostilon (Post 23168128)

i know you guys have tons of prospects and picks, so it'll be hard from the Canucks side

Thanks for coming out

wabwat 01-13-2010 11:32 AM

Kurri, GIVE ME FÜNF!

The Black1963 01-13-2010 12:36 PM

To answer OP's question, I think it would take a bit of overpayment to get the deal done.

I'm thinking a couple of 2nds or at least a 2nd and a 3rd.

northernKing 01-13-2010 01:14 PM

Probably Janik Hansen. Or maybe a bigger deal that gives VAN cap space. A healthy Bieksa and Hansen for Frolov and Richardson?

Mattias 01-13-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziostilon (Post 23168128)

All the green men in Vancouver :)