HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Leafs Vs Philly Again (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72558)

Poikilitic 04-20-2004 08:37 PM

Leafs Vs Philly Again

Should be a great series!! See you guys Thrusday.

MojoJojo 04-20-2004 08:50 PM

Bring it on Leaf Monkeys!

flip588 04-20-2004 08:52 PM

Minutes after gametime and already the Leaf fans are on this board. I wasn't around last year but if it's anything like any other board, these annoying Leaf fans will prove to be the only bad thing about this series for us Flyers fans.

Fern 04-20-2004 09:04 PM

Flyers can't lose

With Sundin and Nolan injuried, they don't have any first line talent. Flyers are bigger, stronger and more gifted. The key for Toronto is Belfour and I'm not sure he will play as well against the Flyers as he played against the Sens since he should have more difficulties to see the puck well. And I hate the Leafs so let's go Flyers.

FlyersGuy69 04-20-2004 09:12 PM

I think that the Flyers will win in 6 maybe even 5. I think that the series will be alot like last years with the only difference being our goaltender. Esche won't let Toronto stay in the series or win games with soft goals.

my other concern is Johnsson because the Leafs are going to go after him and his hand early and often. one good slash and he's done. Kieth Jones was talking about the Flyers trainer putting a piece od plastic in his glove for added padding. but he said that if he takes a good whack that the glove won't help as the bone will still displace.

LET'S GO FLYERS!

ObeySteve 04-20-2004 09:14 PM

The Leafs will come out with guns blazing in the first two games.

If the Flyers can hold their ground in those two games, I have them easily winning in six.

leafaholix* 04-20-2004 09:17 PM

Sundin may return early in the series... possibly game 2, 3, or 4.
Nolan may be back within two weeks.

The Seeker 25 04-20-2004 09:29 PM

Should be a great series.....bring it on Leafs!

BTW, I asked my wife tonight if the Leafs fall behind in the series, will Belfour offer the officials "a billion dollars" to let them win? Just curious.... :p:

MojoJojo 04-20-2004 09:54 PM

I am all for letting KJ rest a game or two to get his hand back. Even if he is ok to play, The threat of re-injury and the effect the injury will have on his shot makes it worth while to sit him the first couple games to get him back to 100%.

Poikilitic 04-20-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Nice dude, cmon are you sens fan? Be a little more civilized than that!

Augustus 04-20-2004 10:08 PM

Looking forward to dialogue with Flyer posters and invite you to troll on ours. Most Leaf posters are reasonably objective and nonabusive and I assume you also have your share of flaming jerks who should be ignored.

I wish for both of us a great series, no major injuries, and may the team that plays better wins. I promise you courtesy and reasonable objectivity but, of course, can't wish you luck.

See you thursday.

capn89* 04-20-2004 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo

Don't you mean thugs? Before we rake the Leafs we're going to have to hope the hockey gods bless us to not end up some players with broken knees by the end of the series with all the dirty players on Toronto. The only reason I was hoping we'd play Boston wasn't because I didn't think the Flyers could beat the Sens or Leafs, but was because I'd rather not play one of two teams with players that would be better fit working for the mob.

The Seeker 25 04-20-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
I wish for both of us a great series, no major injuries, and may the team that plays better wins. I promise you courtesy and reasonable objectivity but, of course, can't wish you luck.

See you thursday.

Same here to TO fans. It was an awesome series last year and both teams are improved, so it should be a great series. May the best team win!

Let's Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!

Devonator 04-20-2004 10:29 PM

Well Hello my fellow Flyer Fans from Calgary....

It seems this year, things are breaking very very nice for us eh.....

I am not trying to sound bias or arrogant but the Flyers will take out
Toronto in probably 5 or 6 games..........and that's even with a fully
healthy Toronto team..........which of course TO is not even close
to right now.........

And shame on Ottawa for not being able to beat a team without 2
of its best players with Nolan and Sundin out........Great effort by
Toronto but you have met your maker in the Flyers.......

Let's go Flyers............. :handclap:

GoM 04-20-2004 10:42 PM

Now, is our maker ready to go through the great ordeal of meeting us? ;)

Oh Churchill, gotta love him

Anyway, here's to one helluva series and one helluva rivalry. Both teams fairly even (despite the lack of jump shown in round one by the Leafs), should be good.

Go Leafs GO PLAYOFFS

Toonces 04-20-2004 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoJojo
I am all for letting KJ rest a game or two to get his hand back. Even if he is ok to play, The threat of re-injury and the effect the injury will have on his shot makes it worth while to sit him the first couple games to get him back to 100%.

It's broken though isn't it? A few games probably won't make much of a difference since it is going to take longer than this series would last for it to heal.

RoDu 04-20-2004 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonces
It's broken though isn't it? A few games probably won't make much of a difference since it is going to take longer than this series would last for it to heal.

an injured #5 is better than anyone who would take his place anyways

WFHLeafsCommish29 04-20-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObeySteve
The Leafs will come out with guns blazing in the first two games.

If the Flyers can hold their ground in those two games, I have them easily winning in six.

I beg to differ Obey. I imagine the Leafs will come out flat-footed like they did in every game against Ottawa. If we can't get up for the Sens, I don't know how we'll get up for you guys.

Nevertheless, good luck to the Flyers in this series. It should be a good one.

Oh, and just on a side note. With Desjardins done for the season, what has your defence looked like in the playoffs? (i.e, what are the pairings/shut-down d-men)

MacDaddy TLC* 04-20-2004 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flip588
Minutes after gametime and already the Leaf fans are on this board. I wasn't around last year but if it's anything like any other board, these annoying Leaf fans will prove to be the only bad thing about this series for us Flyers fans.

Well newbie, prepare to be shocked; The Leafs fans and Flyers fans have a sort of brotherhood on this board. We are real tight and wanna hear the clincher? It's because of the playoff series from last year. If you can't hand;le it head back to trollinghockey.com or wherever you like to go flame.

Sting 04-20-2004 11:07 PM

Should be a good one..but we're definately going to see a couple blowouts by Philly. Gonna say Philly 4-1.

CatWrt 04-20-2004 11:36 PM

How about if you were told that prior to round 1 that the following would be the stats from the Devils series:

Desjardins out for the entire playoffs
Leclair zero points
Recchi one point (assist)
Gagne one point (goal)

Any chance you would have bought the Flyers winning in 5???

Finally, finally, the depth on this team has delivered results, (at least so far).

capn89* 04-20-2004 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
Well newbie, prepare to be shocked; The Leafs fans and Flyers fans have a sort of brotherhood on this board. We are real tight and wanna hear the clincher? It's because of the playoff series from last year. If you can't hand;le it head back to trollinghockey.com or wherever you like to go flame.

way to let a guy exercise freedom of speech

BuppY 04-20-2004 11:41 PM

GO LEAFS GO ... Will be a great series ...

:banana:

GoneFullHextall 04-21-2004 12:01 AM

here we go again. world war 3 again.
This year thou i believe the Flyers are too big, too strong and have far too much depth for the leafs. they have 4 days off, the Leafs just got done with a gruelling 7 game series with Ottawa. all this ads up to the Flyers moving on to the ECF.
I think the Flyers are going to to what Ottawa couldnt or refused to do, get in Belfours face, screen him. make it very difficult on him. because we all know the Leafs have NO ONE to move guys like Preems and Leclair down low
This has the potential, not saying it will happen to be a very short series.

Kemosabe 04-21-2004 12:35 AM

I'm a leafs fan but over the past year/two I've developed a lot of respect for Philly, can't disrespect either of these teams...my high off this Ottawa whooping has me firmly in the Leaf's corner, but these are two damn good teams...best of luck to both of us for a clean and exceptional series!