HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OT: Donald Brashear Suffers Excedrin Headache # 9 at Hands of Matt Carkner (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=725648)

The Mouth 01-15-2010 04:31 PM

Donald Brashear Suffers Excedrin Headache # 9 at Hands of Matt Carkner

Matt Carkner leads the League in fights. I think Brashear needs more practice.

The Fight Video w/commentary

HockeyBasedNYC 01-15-2010 04:36 PM

I think Brashear needs to hang em up.

...and once again Torts says hes "nicked" and didnt practice today.

Quote:

- No Donald Brashear and it doesn’t sound like he’ll play tomorrow night in St. Louis. Coach John Tortorella said he was “nicked” and it would be a game-time decision.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

This guy plays 5 minutes and gets injured every game it seems - what is this guys role exactly? He can't even fight anymore. What a disgrace and a waste of a roster spot and cap space. Disgusting move by Sather.

Radek27 01-15-2010 04:38 PM

Brash is not the enforcer he used to be, and we are paying him 1.7 mil to fight once every ten games and get hurt doing it. I know he's only a 4th liner but this has to be considered one of Slats worst signings.

RangerBoy 01-15-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC (Post 23216372)
I think Brashear needs to hang em up.

...and once again Torts says hes "nicked" and didnt practice today.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

This guy plays 5 minutes and gets injured every game it seems - what is this guys role exactly? He can't even fight anymore. What a disgrace and a waste of a roster spot and cap space. Disgusting move by Sather.

No retirement. He counts against the cap if he retires. In some fight down the road,Brashear is not going to able to hug anyone and he will get creamed. LTIR.

Quote:

The 6-foot-4 Carkner, who is eight years younger, engaged Brashear in a wrestling match along the boards at 3:23. At 11:44, he knocked off Carkner’s helmet with three left jabs, but Carkner’s right sent him down. “He was just holding on,” said Carkner. Neither bout seemed to spark Brashear’s teammates.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ison-1.1702742

Leetch66 01-15-2010 04:44 PM

Carkner also opened up Colton Orr pretty good this season . Ottawa got lucky with him . I made a reply in another thread about a huge guy named John Scott of the Wild...big big guy and he looked awesome the other night in Vancouver in his scrap . Imagine having Scott and Boogard in the lineup ! No question...Brashear is finished .

Loffen 01-15-2010 04:47 PM

I enjoyed it.

Jersey Girl 01-15-2010 04:54 PM

Pretty interesting if you read the 'Rangers sign Brashear' thread from the summer, a lot of people thought it was a bad signing. But not everyone. ;)

Check it out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=657702

ThirdEye 01-15-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Girl (Post 23216654)
Pretty interesting if you read the 'Rangers sign Brashear' thread from the summer, a lot of people thought it was a bad signing. But not everyone. ;)

Check it out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=657702

You can't even blame the people who supported the move. He was a much better player just last season than he is now. I mean, he struggles to even stay afloat in fights nowadays, let alone win anything. It's like his entire decline took place during the summer

Jersey Girl 01-15-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 23216713)
You can't even blame the people who supported the move. He was a much better player just last season than he is now. I mean, he struggles to even stay afloat in fights nowadays, let alone win anything. It's like his entire decline took place during the summer

Well a lot of people did not support the signing, they must have known something. ;)

Bluenote13 01-15-2010 05:09 PM

I'm okay with what I said in that thread - we needed a goon, he was one of the best available, in the long run its not a big deal cause he plays so few minutes, and he'd be one-and-done in NY.

Jersey Girl 01-15-2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 (Post 23216858)
I'm okay with what I said in that thread - we needed a goon, he was one of the best available, in the long run its not a big deal cause he plays so few minutes, and he'd be one-and-done in NY.

The problem is not the 1.4 minutes he plays, it's the $1.4 million per year in cap space. With the return we are getting from him, in a hard salary cap world that is a big deal.

Oh, and he's two and done, not one and done. Even if he retires tomorrow his entire salary hits the cap for this year and next. :shakehead

Bluenote13 01-15-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Girl (Post 23216970)
The problem is not the 1.4 minutes he plays, it's the $1.4 million per year in cap space. With the return we are getting from him, in a hard salary cap world that is a big deal.

Oh, and he's two and done, not one and done. Even if he retires tomorrow his entire salary hits the cap for this year and next. :shakehead

I'm hoping he's traded back to the caps in the offseason ;)

Money shmoney, his is still small potatoes compared to the guys that really make it impossible to make moves. It was a bad signing no doubt, gets talked about every week on here and will until Sather or Brashy is gone.

ColonialsHockey10 01-15-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEye (Post 23216713)

This made me laugh out loud on how little luck the Rangers had. It's signings like these you cannot totally fault Sather, because last season Brashear was out there hitting everything, providing a solid forcheck, and fighting with the best of them. The Rangers are so unlucky it is stunning.

Lex444 01-15-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetch66 (Post 23216489)
Carkner also opened up Colton Orr pretty good this season . Ottawa got lucky with him . I made a reply in another thread about a huge guy named John Scott of the Wild...big big guy and he looked awesome the other night in Vancouver in his scrap . Imagine having Scott and Boogard in the lineup ! No question...Brashear is finished .

They actually had two fights...in the first ORR KO'd him bad....in the second fight Orr got popped real good and was leaking...Orr and Carkner are two of the best...Fearless!

Brashear has seen his best days...his signing was a joke

we want cup 01-15-2010 05:40 PM

Dude ****ing sucks.

HAPPY HOUR 01-15-2010 06:01 PM

Oooh yay! We get to watch Cam Jannsen beat the stuffing out of Voros... AGAIN.

we want cup 01-15-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR (Post 23217663)
Oooh yay! We get to watch Cam Jannsen beat the stuffing out of Voros... AGAIN.

I dunno what fight you were watching, but I can't wait to see Voros' face put a beating on Janssen's fist again.

HAPPY HOUR 01-15-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 23217733)
I dunno what fight you were watching, but I can't wait to see Voros' face put a beating on Janssen's fist again.

huh?? Don't get it? Try rereading my post.

Petey Pucks 01-15-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR (Post 23217772)
huh?? Don't get it? Try rereading my post.

LOL he has agreeing with you, don't you get the joke? "Voros face putting a beating on janssens knuckles". Meaning voros get's his head pounded at the expense of jannsenns knuckles lol....it was a joke

HAPPY HOUR 01-15-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petey Pucks (Post 23217987)
LOL he has agreeing with you, don't you get the joke? "Voros face putting a beating on janssens knuckles". Meaning voros get's his head pounded at the expense of jannsenns knuckles lol....it was a joke

Uh Yep. Got that part.:snide:

Guess the "i don't know what fight you were watching" threw me off".

Must be the lack of sleep i guess... my bad..

nyr7andcounting 01-15-2010 06:48 PM

Quick question... if a guy is signed after age 35, is waived, and then retires while he's in the minors and not counting against the cap is there still a cap penalty?

If not we better waive this guy asap. He's completely useless to the team and even worse, if he gets hurt in a fight or decides he had enough after this season then we're losing cap space next season without getting anything in return (not that much we're getting anything while he's playing anyway).

Dagoon44 01-15-2010 06:58 PM

Matt Carkner is a monster of a man. He is built more like a wieght lifter then hockey player. Matt is making the most of his playing time leading the league in fights and playing very well. Matt busted Orr's face pretty badly a few weeks ago after getting KO'd by Orr early this season. Brashear is finished as I posted last week it is all but over for him. Everytime he fights he is out a week afterward. He is not worth the stress put him out to pasture. John Scott is mentioned and if everyone listens to the show with mouth I have posting for 3 months we should be targeting him for the enforcer 7th defensemen role. The guy is a monster and has some skill.
The Rangers need a heavyweight and Brashear is not it

HAPPY HOUR 01-15-2010 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 23218375)
Matt Carkner is a monster of a man. He is built more like a wieght lifter then hockey player. Matt is making the most of his playing time leading the league in fights and playing very well. Matt busted Orr's face pretty badly a few weeks ago after getting KO'd by Orr early this season. Brashear is finished as I posted last week it is all but over for him. Everytime he fights he is out a week afterward. He is not worth the stress put him out to pasture. John Scott is mentioned and if everyone listens to the show with mouth I have posting for 3 months we should be targeting him for the enforcer 7th defensemen role. The guy is a monster and has some skill.

John Scott really pasted Alexander Bolduc the other night.

The guy is one big dude, with a very long reach. Why Vancouver would attempt to start **** while he and the Boogeyman are out there is :loony:

Dagoon44 01-15-2010 07:11 PM

here is the fight and the story behind it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydwy4OX5gZw

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/57299562.html

lotus 01-15-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 23218375)

Truuuuuth.

Still hate Brashear, he never earned any respect back from me from years of ******-baggery. Especially for that crap with Betts.