HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   GDT: (#50): 1/19/2010 Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers 7:00pm VS (HD) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=726780)

Karan 01-18-2010 07:45 PM

(#50): 1/19/2010 Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers 7:00pm VS (HD)

Game Information

New York Rangers
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9365/rangers2ew2.gif

...GP......W......L......OTL......PTS...

..Division.....Conference......League..
3rd7th16th

Team Statistics

Goals Per Game 2.55
Goals Against Per Game 2.61
PP Efficiency 18.7%
PK Efficiency 86.1%
Face Off Efficiency 49.7%

Team Leaders

Goals Marian Gaborik 29
Assists Marian Gaborik 28
Points Marian Gaborik 57
+/- Brandon Dubinsky +11
PIM Sean Avery 95
TOI/G (D) Marc Staal 22:50
TOI/G (F) Marian Gaborik 22:08
FO% Chris Drury 53.8%

Starting Lineups

.................Left Wing..................................Center..................................Right Wing.................
Vaclav ProspalBrandon DubinskyMarian Gaborik
Erik ChristensenChris DruryRyan Callahan
Christopher HigginsArtem AnisimovEnver Lisin
Sean AveryBrian BoyleAaron Voros

.................Defense..................................Defense.................
Marc StaalMichal Rozsival
Michael Del ZottoDan Girardi
Matt GilroyWade Redden

.........................Goaltending.......................
Henrik Lundqvist
Chad Johnson

.............................Injuries.........................
Donald Brashear: Day-to-Day (hamstring injury)

Tampa Bay Lightning
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1218/lightning2.gif

...GP......W......L......OTL......PTS...

..Division.....Conference......League..
4th13th26th

Team Statistics

Goals Per Game 2.57
Goals Against Per Game 2.94
PP Efficiency 18.6%
PK Efficiency 79.6%
Face Off Efficiency 51.0%

Team Leaders

Goals Steven Stamkos 25
Assists Martin St. Louis 40
Points Martin St. Louis 52
+/- Steve Downie +6
PIM Zenon Konopka 158
TOI/G (D) Mattias Ohlund 23:05
TOI/G (F) Martin St Louis 21:44
FO% Vincent Lecavalier 53.0%

Starting Lineups

.................Left Wing..................................Center..................................Right Wing.................
Brandon BochenskiSteven StamkosMartin St. Louis
Alex TanguayVincent LecavalierJeff Halpern
Ryan MalonePaul SzczechuraSteve Downie
James WrightZenon KonopkaStephane Veilleux

.................Defense..................................Defense.................
Mattias OhlundVictor Hedman
Mike LundinAndrej Meszaros
Kurtis FosterMatt Smaby

..........................Goaltending.........................
Antero Niittymaki
Dustin Tokarski

..............................Injuries...........................
Todd Fedoruk: Out Indefinitely (lower-body injury)
Paul Ranger: Out Indefinitely (personal)
Mike Smith: Day-to-Day (strained neck)

BroadwayBlues 01-18-2010 07:50 PM

I'm getting sick of Versus. Rangers vs Penguins again next week on Versus. :shakehead

Anyway 3-2 Rangers.

Maineice11 01-18-2010 07:52 PM

I'm getting sick of them too, any chance we can get a lineup of the commentators for the versus games? so I can decided how I want to watch this.

silverfish 01-18-2010 08:00 PM

Hopefully they play the way they played in the last 40 minutes of the game Sunday night. More specifically exactly the way they played in the second period.

Knowing this team though, I can't really be expecting that can I?

we want cup 01-18-2010 08:01 PM

A win would be nice.

Fitzy 01-18-2010 08:02 PM

Im still a little bit in shock that Slats wouldnt trade Grachev for St Louis.

John Torturella 01-18-2010 08:03 PM

VS? Come on. This whole thing is getting to be insane. What is Tampa playing on VS for? I hate Directv. Just settle the dispute so I can watch the game at home.:rant:

Nick00 01-18-2010 08:06 PM

Wish I could expect the same kind of effort we saw Sunday, but the Rangers have done that before only to revert back to their old ways.

That being said Tampa is another low scoring team so the playing field is pretty leveled here.

KotsyJr 01-18-2010 08:26 PM

Welp, off to the friends house tomorrow night so I can watch Versus... damn you, DirecTV.

Anyways, LGR!

Florida Ranger 01-18-2010 08:45 PM

:banana: I'm flying up to New York tomorrow at 6am. Chilling in the City until Saturday, but that's irrelevant...

Anyway, I'll be going to this game. Section 211! :yo:

Let's go Rangers! Let's play like we did in the 2nd and 3rd periods against the Habs! Hopefully, we play 60 minutes instead of 40!

I say 4-1 Rangers. Gaborik with two.

Ail 01-18-2010 08:49 PM

We owe them one for the last meeting.

Let's go Rangers! :handclap:

FOXHOUND* 01-18-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 23274068)

whoa whoa when/where was this?

Fitzy 01-18-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOXHOUND (Post 23275549)
whoa whoa when/where was this?

Was a rumor at the deadline last year. The entire board freaked at the prospect of trading Grachev for St. Louis. Dont remember the source but I believe it was fairly legitimate.

If nothing else it just shows how we as fans tend to overvalue our prospects.

In The Flesh 01-18-2010 09:15 PM

Avery vs. Downie

hope so

Carlos Ranger 01-18-2010 09:17 PM

**** versus

FOXHOUND* 01-18-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 23275728)
Was a rumor at the deadline last year. The entire board freaked at the prospect of trading Grachev for St. Louis. Dont remember the source but I believe it was fairly legitimate.

gotcha, i dont remember that for some reason. I wouldn't have done that trade either. St. Louis is awesome and having a great year, but who knows how long that will last or how good grachev will ultimately be.

BrooklynRangersFan 01-18-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 23275728)

Well, I'm an admittedly huge Grachev fan, but I wouldn't do that either.

Soon to be 35 year old with a $5.25MM per year contract added to a team that won't win the cup anyway this year... in exchange for a kid who could be a potential 40 goal scorer 2-5 years down the road who won't hit UFA for another, what, 7 years?

Sure, most prospects don't pan out to reach their max potential. But some do. And if you don't keep the ones that you think have the best shot, then you (obviously) don't have them when they do.

Would I trade Grachev (as part of a package) for a sure thing all-star player in his prime like Kovalchuk? Absolutely. Would I trade him for a year and a half of a soon-to-hit-the-downside-of-his-career St. Louis...? Hell no.

Fitzy 01-18-2010 09:27 PM

We're talking about a former MVP.

Grachev has nothing to his name so far except a good OHL season at age 19 and an average tournament.

Im not anti-prospect, but I think when a good deal comes along you should jump on it.

BrooklynRangersFan 01-18-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 23276099)

Grachev has nothing to his name so far except a good OHL season at age 19 and an average tournament.

Im not anti-prospect, but I think when a good deal comes along you should jump on it.

If St. Louis was 29 (or even 32) and had like 3 years left on his contract, I MIGHT agree with you (at 29, I would obviously add more to the deal). At 35 and an UFA after next year...? No way. Not for this team, which ain't winning this year or next with or without an aging St. Louis.

Anderson 01-18-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

This team last year didn't need one guy to help win a cup. They weren't going to win the cup last year, why waste youth.

FOXHOUND* 01-18-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

again, former and 35 are the key factors here why I wouldn't do that deal. I agree though that he is not an untouchable piece.

edit: right as i type this i see him make a sick pass for a goal on NHL on the fly - he is still nasty

Fitzy 01-18-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anderson (Post 23276191)
Did 97-04 teach you anything? This team last year didn't need one guy who may help the team out. They weren't going to win the cup last year, why waste youth.

Because... he wasn;t a one year contract?

I dont like rentals either. But aquiring a player who yes, is still a star, he has only 5 less points than Gaborik, think what that would do for our team, is worth losing a prospect, and an overrated one.

Although Grachev's stock has dropped so I doubt they would go for it now, and wed have to move cap, so its moot.

Anderson 01-18-2010 09:38 PM

Well, i just don't see any reason to rush into a trade when there is a next to nothing chance of the team going deep. Can always save him as part of a deal a few years down the road when the team actually stands a chance against the rest of the league.

darko 01-18-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitzy (Post 23274068)

It was a good move then and it's still a good move now. 5+ mill cap hit for another season after this one. Good player but he alone wouldnt put us in contention.

Rangers 3 Tampa 1

LGR

Greg NYR 01-18-2010 09:54 PM

will be at this game, usually try and get to the garden to avoid watching vs, ill spend any amount of money to avoid beninati's mediocrity and/or graphics of junior seau blocking half of the ice