HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   #6 New York Rangers on the clock (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72733)

sushinsky4tsar 04-21-2004 11:30 AM

#6 New York Rangers on the clock

Sorry to add another entry draft thread, but I'm doing a board to board mock draft. The results up to this point:

1) Was- Ovechkin (write-in)
2) Pit- Malkin (write-in)
3) Chi- Olesz 11-10-6 (Barker, Schremp)
4) Clm- Barker (write-in)
5) Pho- Tukonen 17-6-3-1-1 unofficial (Ladd, Schremp, Pineault)
6) NYr-

So the Rangers are on the clock. Voting ends in 48 hours. Hopefully I included all relevent prospects.

Rangers_23 04-21-2004 11:31 AM

Schremp! Schremp! Schremp!

jas 04-21-2004 11:36 AM

Put me down for...

Schremp! Possible #1 center? Gotta take a chance. Love the skill level.

Forechecker 04-21-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushinsky4tsar
Sorry to add another entry draft thread, but I'm doing a board to board mock draft. The results up to this point:

1) Was- Ovechkin (write-in)
2) Pit- Malkin (write-in)
3) Chi- Olesz 11-10-6 (Barker, Schremp)
4) Clm- Barker (write-in)
5) Pho- Tukonen 17-6-3-1-1 unofficial (Ladd, Schremp, Pineault)
6) NYr-

So the Rangers are on the clock. Voting ends in 48 hours. Hopefully I included all relevent prospects.

That's cool! Are you updating each thread?

Larry Melnyk 04-21-2004 11:46 AM

Same reasoning as JAS but I'm going with RADULOV at W..It will probably be Scremp, but have to be different

jas 04-21-2004 11:54 AM

I'm shocked!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Same reasoning as JAS but I'm going with RADULOV at W..It will probably be Scremp, but have to be different

:eek:

You've only been touting Radulov for how long? Well, here's hoping that, unlike last year, you DON'T get your wish. ;) :banana: (I haven't used the banana smilies in a while.)

Larry Melnyk 04-21-2004 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
:eek:

You've only been touting Radulov for how long? Well, here's hoping that, unlike last year, you DON'T get your wish. ;) :banana: (I haven't used the banana smilies in a while.)

Yeah, you know me once I get an idea in my head....:)...But I do think Schremp and Radulov are the top two skills guys (which we need) that will be avaialble to us..Even if both have some attitude knocks (warranted or unwarranted), Either will be fine with me...

jas 04-21-2004 12:23 PM

The ONLY thing I see changing that...

Quote:

Yeah, you know me once I get an idea in my head....:)...But I do think Schremp and Radulov are the top two skills guys (which we need) that will be avaialble to us..Even if both have some attitude knocks (warranted or unwarranted), Either will be fine with me...

would be if the Hawks shy away from Olesz and then take Barker. Columbus seems to be hot for Barker, and if he's gone, I could see CBJ willing to trade down to us for our pick at #6 plus a 2nd round pick.

Edge 04-21-2004 12:50 PM

Put me down for Ladd. An 18 year old kid who can't get motivated on a new team in his draft season concerns me a little too much to pass on A.L.

free0717 04-21-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
would be if the Hawks shy away from Olesz and then take Barker. Columbus seems to be hot for Barker, and if he's gone, I could see CBJ willing to trade down to us for our pick at #6 plus a 2nd round pick.

Got to take Schremp if he is there

Dgrohl8 04-21-2004 12:52 PM

I think Ladd is going to get drafted by us and be a great player

charliemurphy 04-21-2004 01:01 PM

At #6 we pick Ladd.
I'm concerned about the rest of our picks.
This draft seems a little thin.

xander 04-21-2004 01:03 PM

i know ladd's the safer pick, but i'm just too enticed by shremp, what can i say. Shremp.

Bure9* 04-21-2004 01:12 PM

I voted Schremp. I just can't go with a safe pick at number 6. I keep thinking Malhotra when I think of Ladd.

Bluenote13 04-21-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bure9
I just can't go with a safe pick at number 6. I keep thinking Malhotra when I think of Ladd.

Better skating and better hands than Manny. Plus I think he fears no one in front of the net.

Schremp is enticing, but when it comes down to it, i'd rather go into battle with a guy like Ladd. And even though it's not the ultimate factor, i love that he plays LW, a definite need as far as prospects goes.

sushinsky4tsar 04-21-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forechecker
That's cool! Are you updating each thread?

Nope, probably not on the team boards. But I will keep an updated draft board on the Prospects/Mock Draft board. Look for 'board to board mock draft'

Edge 04-21-2004 02:24 PM

Schremp is enticing and that's exactly what scares me. This is an important draft for this team and if Schremp half @$$es through the first 40 games of another season we're gonna be in yet another situation. I like Schremp, but I see A LOT of Jamie Lundmark in him {both good and bad}. Having said that I'd still take a chance on him depending on who is out there at the time.

I don't think Ladd is gonna be a 30 goal guy, but I also don't know why in the world he is being mentioned in the same sentence as Manny Malhotra with a top end of 15 goals.

More than likely his top end is 20-30 goals, 50-70 points. That's not to say he'll get there but it's not impossible. Schremp's top end IMO is 30-35 goals and 70-80 points but he is a much higher risk.

A safe pick doesn't mean a kid CANT score it means his ceiling isn't quite as high. What is essentially means is Ladd can score as high as his top end or he could be a 15 goal, third line winger. Shremp could score his top end, or float around the minors and bounce from team to team.

The truth is often somewhere in between. Personally I'd love to get both of them but I can't see Ladd slipping out of the top ten {i can however see Schremp sliding a little}. If Schremp worked as hard as Ladd he'd be going first or second overall. But he didn't and he didn't work often enough for my tastes which is probably the biggest reason you see him ranked below Ladd on most professional survey's. I think he's ranked lower on most NHL team's lists as well. He has a huge skill level, and 70 plus points but so did Denis Shvidki in 1999.

Bure9* 04-21-2004 02:40 PM

It looks like a lose-lose situation. Take Ladd and get a guy who will probably pot 20 goals. Take Schremp and risk a top 6 pick. Either way to me it looks like a draft that will not have much of an impact on the future of this franchise. Once again we don't suck enough to get ourselves a good pick.

kazo 04-21-2004 02:43 PM

If I'm picking at six and if there is any question at all about that player's work ethic regardless of talent, I'm going with the character player.....Ladd.

RangersFan 04-21-2004 02:51 PM

Take the most talented, not the most NHL ready...

jas 04-21-2004 03:06 PM

Hey Melnyk!!

Do you see that 1 in the spot for Radulov? That would be your LONE vote. Once again, I'm not surprized. :yo:

Larry Melnyk 04-21-2004 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
Do you see that 1 in the spot for Radulov? That would be your LONE vote. Once again, I'm not surprized. :yo:

Excuse me for not being one of the lemmings....Being right is often very lonely. :teach: ..Nah seriously, just like I guaranteed Jessiman would be picked by the Rangers months in advance, take it to the bank that, AK27 II, Alexander Radulov will be the pick this year and Jessiman's future linemate.... OK, I'm just being a contrary *******..;)...But I seriously think he would be as good as pick as Schremp and he is screaming up the charts after excellent performances at both the Five-Nations and the recent U-18 WJC...

Larry Melnyk 04-21-2004 03:21 PM

Ah yes, people starting to come to their senses..:)

jas 04-21-2004 03:25 PM

Admit it

Quote:

Ah yes, people starting to come to their senses..:)

You went to a different computer just to vote twice. :D Listen, I just think this team NEEDS top line prospects. Sather and Maloney have gotten the grunts. Only Jessiman and POSIBLY Umberger (if Sather re-signs him, - after June 1, of course) have top line ability. Schremp has it. It sounds like Radulov does, too.

Larry Melnyk 04-21-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jas
You went to a different computer just to vote twice. :D Listen, I just think this team NEEDS top line prospects. Sather and Maloney have gotten the grunts. Only Jessiman and POSIBLY Umberger (if Sather re-signs him, - after June 1, of course) have top line ability. Schremp has it. It sounds like Radulov does, too.

Actually, there's another nut out there..:)..I think we agree 100% on the team needs and what type of player to draft given what we already have...Both Schremp and Radulov seem to fit the bill from where we stand..And what fun would it be if we agreed exactly?