HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Buffalo Sabres vs. Los Angeles Kings - 1/21/10 - 7:30PM PST FSW (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=727965)

JDM 01-21-2010 03:26 PM

Buffalo Sabres vs. Los Angeles Kings - 1/21/10 - 7:30PM PST FSW

http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=3404

Quote:

Teddy Purcell will go back into the lineup, as will Matt Greene, in place of Randy Jones.
This deserves its own thread. Thank god. The emergence of Peter Harrold as someone who doesn't suck total balls on defense, and Greene getting healthy, finally makes Jones the healthy scratch he was always meant to be.

As for Purcell back in the lineup.... let's just say I don't have my hopes up.

Tony, Telos, if you want this to be a pre-game thread until john arrives with the GTD, fine. Otherwise, bask for now in the knowledge that we don't have to watch Jones pretend he has any idea what an NHL defenseman is supposed to do!

Rejoice!

Rejoice!

We've got no choice!

William H Bonney 01-21-2010 03:37 PM

Great!!!

If I had my druthers I'd pair Greene with JJ and bump OD down with Harrold. OD's age has really been showing lately and he's playing too much at this point.

I too have no high hopes for Purcell but hopefully he'll at least bring a lot of energy.

Hopefully this is the last we see of Jones, unless he's at forward. He's the new Harrold with zero defensive acumen.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* 01-21-2010 03:40 PM

That's the best news I've heard all week

Johnny Utah 01-21-2010 03:41 PM

I hate to say it, but we miss Kyle Quincey right now...Jones/Harrold suck, Martinez looks like a career AHL'er, Hickey is hurt, Voynov is too young, Teubert is still in juniors...Our D depth isn't what we thought...

kingsholygrail 01-21-2010 03:49 PM

Glad to have Greene back. I feel a little better about the next three games already.

William H Bonney 01-21-2010 03:53 PM

Quote:

MURRAY: “Yeah, going to put him in. We talked about that yesterday, among the three of us (coaches), for quite a while. We need to get the special teams rolling a little bit better, certainly the power play to be more effective. Certainly that’s a real strength of Teddy’s, I think, with his composure and his vision and puck movement.
So....have I been missing something this year? One PP point is a strength?

JDM 01-21-2010 03:55 PM

The 'composure' Murray talks about must be the reason Purcell always flubs or fans on his best passes/shots.

JDM 01-21-2010 03:57 PM

It's also disturbing that apparently Smyth could not make it in time for the game.

First Hammond said he'd be back by 11:30am, then, at noon, Hammond said "It’s not yet known — mostly because of Ryan Smyth’s weather-related delay — exactly what role Teddy Purcell will fill for the Kings tonight"

Cruel11 01-21-2010 04:01 PM

So Purcell is gonna solve our PP problem? Yeah........I don't think so. He has 1 point on the PP so far.

Ollie Weeks 01-21-2010 04:09 PM

Smyth may be late because he was running the Olympic torch through Alberta. Oh boy, what a stupid problem to have.

saintsnsoldiers 01-21-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 23329935)
I hate to say it, but we miss Kyle Quincey right now...Jones/Harrold suck, Martinez looks like a career AHL'er, Hickey is hurt, Voynov is too young, Teubert is still in juniors...Our D depth isn't what we thought...

If you been watching Harrold's play he's really not been that bad, I think people get caught up in the Harrold sucks as a forward and forget he is pretty good on Defense. Not flashy but solid.

kingsholygrail 01-21-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Moses (Post 23330441)
Smyth may be late because he was running the Olympic torch through Alberta. Oh boy, what a stupid problem to have.

Late or not be here. Airports are shutting down in the southwest due to the storm.

wicker 01-21-2010 04:51 PM

I hope they're not rushing Greene back, even though sitting Jones is a blessing.

Cruel11 01-21-2010 05:26 PM

It's Quick's 24th Birthday today so....he should get the win :)

DIEHARD the King fan 01-21-2010 05:53 PM

Memo to JT Dutch:

Quote:

MURRAY: “Yeah, going to put him in. We talked about that yesterday, among the three of us (coaches), for quite a while. We need to get the special teams rolling a little bit better, certainly the power play to be more effective. Certainly that’s a real strength of Teddy’s, I think, with his composure and his vision and puck movement.
The coaches seem to think its a problem. But I'm reassured, because you don't!

TonySCV 01-21-2010 07:07 PM

John is busy with work, so this is the GDT for tonight.

GO KINGS!

kingsholygrail 01-21-2010 07:07 PM

Word on Smyth's flight?

MxK1NGS 01-21-2010 07:11 PM

Bounce back win? I hope.

KingsRule 01-21-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan (Post 23332206)
Memo to JT Dutch:

The coaches seem to think its a problem. But I'm reassured, because you don't!

hahaha diehard is the man!