HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Rangers Need To FINALLY Get Tougher!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=728082)

Balej20* 01-21-2010 07:44 PM

The Rangers Need To FINALLY Get Tougher!!

This is ridiculous now. When will the Rangers organization realize that this team needs to get tougher. From line one all the way down to the last D-man, there needs to be more toughness in this lineup and on this team. The mentality and the personnel needs to change. For years and years it's been the same story. Even back in the 70's they were a soft team.

Tonight is a prime example of how the lack of toughness on this team literally will result in a loss. They are getting ran over all over the ice, and have been completely intimidated by the Flyers. The Flyers are NOT a good team, yet they are dominating the soft Rangers due to toughness alone.

Lundqvist gets ran YET again, and no retaliation. Gaborik is getting his ass kicked and no one does anything to jump in and stop it. And immediately after that fight no one even showed any emotion besides Dubinsky and the coach. And as usual, the only guy to answer the bell is Avery.

This soft mentality needs to change NOW, or this team will never be able to take the next step no matter how talented they are.

It's only a matter of time before a team injures Lundqvist or Gaborik and you can forget about the rest of the season.

And just a side note. WAKE THE F UP MARC STAAL! MY GOD!

NYR Viper 01-21-2010 07:46 PM

This shouldnt be a surprise to anyone. This was one of the reasons Sather pushed hard for Neil in the offseason. They are soft and need more toughness throughout their lineup, its not going to happen overnight.

ecemleafs 01-21-2010 07:46 PM

trade higgins for someone that fights/hits people. if ur only going to contribute 10-15 points so far this year at least be physical and tough.

ecemleafs 01-21-2010 07:47 PM

lol

Leetch-go after richards and carter

King of cool 01-21-2010 07:48 PM

Yeah seriously. Complete package at the deadline, the Hansons brothers, Ogie Ogilthorpe, the whole thing. Sad to watch this team not responding at all when callenged. :(

Dagoon44 01-21-2010 07:50 PM

I put this on the trade rumor part of the site. Would you do
Eric NyStrom and Brian McGratton
for
Higgins Brashear and a draft pick or prospect.
Nystrom is a very good grinder and will play tough Torts hockey and McGratton is a FA at end of the year and good fighter.

FATCHAMALA11 01-21-2010 07:51 PM

Get Orr back now.

Loffen 01-21-2010 07:51 PM

We have Brashear! So everything is alright.

Oh wait....

Balej20* 01-21-2010 07:51 PM

I'm embarassed to root for this team. I think they'd be better off bringing up some tough guys from the minors and getting rid of losers like Kotalik and Higgins and Redden and Drury and Rozsival and Girardi and all the other soft players that don't even FLINCH when their 2 best players are being abused on the ice.

ecemleafs 01-21-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44 (Post 23336129)
I put this on the trade rumor part of the site. Would you do
Eric NyStrom and Brian McGratton
for
Higgins Brashear and a draft pick or prospect.
Nystrom is a very good grinder and will play tough Torts hockey and McGratton is a FA at end of the year and good fighter.

what kind of prospect?

park rangers 01-21-2010 07:52 PM

is it just me?

I actually think we are playing very physical tonight and everyone is stepping up to the challenge that the Flyers are bringin upon us. Only thing is that we are a much smaller team and are losing every fight. This team is getting tougher IMO.

yankeecpt15 01-21-2010 07:52 PM

Enough!!!

Bad enough I have to sit there and watch Girardi as a deer in headlights watching Carcillo dropping the Rangers "only goal scorer" , but then the usual micheletti 'homer' view on things, commending dubi as he goes into the box yelling at carcillo yet not a word on why no one jumped in to help gaborik....send girardi packing asap and switch maloney and micheletti...maloney is certainly not middle of the road, but he definitely will voice his anti ranger opinion

NYR Viper 01-21-2010 07:53 PM

Colby Armstrong would look good in Ranger Blue.

Dagoon44 01-21-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecemleafs (Post 23336173)
what kind of prospect?

A Brodie Dupont or Owens type

ecemleafs 01-21-2010 07:54 PM

id so much rather have a top 3 line player that can fight instead of a 4th line goon that can't play.

Balej20* 01-21-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 (Post 23336177)
is it just me?

I actually think we are playing very physical tonight and everyone is stepping up to the challenge that the Flyers are bringin upon us. Only thing is that we are a much smaller team and are losing every fight. This team is getting tougher IMO.

It's just you. They are completely intimidated.

True Blue 96 01-21-2010 07:55 PM

At least Joe showed some emotion unlike girardi ....it sounded like if he was on the ice he would have jumped in.

Balej20* 01-21-2010 07:55 PM

And cut Dan Girardi right now. I Just saw the replay of the Gaborik fight and saw him just standing there watching. CUT HIM NOW

ecemleafs 01-21-2010 07:56 PM

Voros!

True Blue 96 01-21-2010 07:56 PM

Isn't this the exact reason why we signed Donald?

HAPPY HOUR 01-21-2010 08:02 PM

Can only happily imagine what Orr would of done to Carcillo. Would have bee great.........

Dagoon44 01-21-2010 08:14 PM

Prospal Higgins Drury Christensen Lisin all the same easy to knock off the puck and no grit to many soft guys. When we were rolling and scoring Dubi , Callahan Avery Gabby all the grit guys put up the points

TheDave1022 01-21-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20 (Post 23336328)
And cut Dan Girardi right now. I Just saw the replay of the Gaborik fight and saw him just standing there watching. CUT HIM NOW

There isnt really anything he can do. If he gets in there, he gets thrown out of the game cause of the leagues crappy rules.

HAPPY HOUR 01-21-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDave1022 (Post 23337182)
There isnt really anything he can do. If he gets in there, he gets thrown out of the game cause of the leagues crappy rules.

Then he gets thrown out. So what.

It is always more important to protect your franchise players. forget about this game.

A team that sticks together is always better in the long run.

TheDave1022 01-21-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR (Post 23337243)
Then he gets thrown out. So what.

It is always more important to protect your franchise players. forget about this game.

A team that sticks together is always better in the long run.

When Girardi got in the picture, the fight was basically over. And blame Sather. They had a great fighter with Orr. Now we have our enforcer sitting upstairs. If Orr was here, you think that happens to Gaborik? Of all the fights tonight, none were really won.