HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sundstrom and Ward (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72820)

Team_Spirit 04-21-2004 02:46 PM

Sundstrom and Ward

When these guys will be back ? We need them , Ward was a real sparkplug and Sundstrom is a nice secret weapon down the wire . They could take Dagenais and Juneau spot in the series vs Tampa Bay .

Also i hope Komisarek will stay in the line-up even if Quintal is ready , the bolts are just too fast for the veteran .

Lewis63 04-21-2004 02:51 PM

Habs are undefeated in the playoffs when Komisarek is in the lineup :thumbu:
I like both Ward and Sunny and hope that they both play in this series. Ward is a hell of a good PK and finishes his checks and Sundstrum could also help shutting down the boltz and he is faster and younger than juneau...But juneau does his job well...

what's the status on ward? neck injury but whta exactly?

Habber 04-21-2004 02:54 PM

Gazette (today or yesterday, can't remember which) said Ward was ahead of schedule and could be ready for Friday. Sundstrom I don't know about, but by the way they make it sound in the papers is that he has been ready to go, but just can't crack the lineup.

I really hope that Ward will be there, as we're going to need his physical presence. I don't think dressing Langdon will be as important in this series, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunny get into the lineup this series.

Team_Spirit 04-21-2004 05:08 PM

Yeah i think he as a feet injury , it's a shame he don't play he's twice the player Juneau is imo .

MattScott 04-21-2004 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Yeah i think he as a feet injury , it's a shame he don't play he's twice the player Juneau is imo .

Normally i'd agree, but all post season Juneau has been putting it on the line. Juneau is giving it 110 and laying some really good bodychecks. He's adapted better to that 4th line role then Sundstrom ever could, so I'd stick with JJ as long as his back holds up.

Mooch 04-21-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Gazette (today or yesterday, can't remember which) said Ward was ahead of schedule and could be ready for Friday. Sundstrom I don't know about, but by the way they make it sound in the papers is that he has been ready to go, but just can't crack the lineup.

I really hope that Ward will be there, as we're going to need his physical presence. I don't think dressing Langdon will be as important in this series, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunny get into the lineup this series.

Glad to hear Ward will be back. He adss more physical punch and size to our line up.

EaGLE1 04-21-2004 05:12 PM

Quote:

I thought Juneau was pretty good in the first round (really).
He is a good veteran. If he play under 10min, he is valuable but over that, it's no good. Remember the hit in the corner against Gill?

Mooch 04-21-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EaGLE1
I thought Juneau was pretty good in the first round (really).
He is a good veteran. If he play under 10min, he is valuable but over that, it's no good. Remember the hit in the corner against Gill?

I agree Juneau played very well with limited ice time. He even dished out some pretty good body checks.

Team_Spirit 04-21-2004 05:19 PM

Yes but when Begin injuried he had hard time fitting on the 3rd line and he wasen't on the ice for the Pk's somthing Sunny do very well .

Anyways Sundstrom is still on the IR according to TSN.ca

Key Injuries: D Stephane Quintal (upper body), LW Niklas Sundstrom (ankle).

Team_Spirit 04-21-2004 05:49 PM

RDS Update :

Sundstrom près d'un retour

Inactif tout au long de la série contre Boston en raison d'une blessure à la cheville , Niklas Sundstrom se rapproche d'un retour au jeu.

L'attaquant suédois a noté un grand progrès de son état de santé au terme de l'entraînement matinal. Il reste à savoir quand il fera son entrée dans la série contre le Lightning. Cela pourrait être vendredi, lors du premier affrontement.

"Sa blessure ne semblait pas guérir à un moment donné et elle semble reprendre du mieux dans les derniers jours. On est sur la bonne voie présentement et on risque peut-être de le voir dans le premier match."

Mooch 04-21-2004 05:52 PM

Quote:

RDS Update :

Sundstrom près d'un retour

Inactif tout au long de la série contre Boston en raison d'une blessure à la cheville , Niklas Sundstrom se rapproche d'un retour au jeu.

L'attaquant suédois a noté un grand progrès de son état de santé au terme de l'entraînement matinal. Il reste à savoir quand il fera son entrée dans la série contre le Lightning. Cela pourrait être vendredi, lors du premier affrontement.

"Sa blessure ne semblait pas guérir à un moment donné et elle semble reprendre du mieux dans les derniers jours. On est sur la bonne voie présentement et on risque peut-être de le voir dans le premier match."

Sorry, could someone translate this please.

velimiiro 04-21-2004 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooch
Sorry, could someone translate this please.

Sundstrom is close to returing to the habs lineup.

So close that he might play Friday!

Mooch 04-21-2004 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velimiiro
Sundstrom is close to returing to the habs lineup.

So close that he might play Friday!

Awsome, you just made my day. We need his speed and his defensive play against the lightning.

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Sunny, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Dowd, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Juneau

I hope its something like that. Or take out Landgon and put sunny there, and put Perreault on the second line untill he gets cold.

velimiiro 04-21-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

Awsome, you just made my day. We need his speed and his defensive play against the lightning.

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Sunny, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Dowd, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Juneau

I hope its something like that. Or take out Landgon and put sunny there, and put Perreault on the second line untill he gets cold.

Not too shabby a lineup, seriously... i'm happy with this team.

I also agree Sundstrom would have to rotate with Langdon depending on what tbay is like...

Mooch 04-21-2004 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velimiiro
Not too shabby a lineup, seriously... i'm happy with this team.

I also agree Sundstrom would have to rotate with Langdon depending on what tbay is like...

Same here Vel, i couldnt have asked for a better season. Of course expectations are much higher now, but thats normal with any team that gets passed the first round. Im sure Calagary fans feel the same way about their team.

Le depisteur 04-21-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Zednik, Koivu, Kovalev
Sunny, Ribs, Ryder
Bulis, Dowd, Ward
Langdon, Begin, Juneau

Perreault must absolutely play... then, if we put Ward and Sundstrom on the lineup, Dagenais and Langdon are OUT... though decision... Here's my best possible lineup:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Perreault - Ribeiro - Ryder
Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom
Bégin - Juneau - Ward

Mooch 04-21-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le depisteur
Perreault must absolutely play... then, if we put Ward and Sundstrom on the lineup, Dagenais and Langdon are OUT... though decision... Here's my best possible lineup:

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom
Bégin - Juneau - Ward

Thats a good line up, i like it!

Brett38 04-21-2004 09:04 PM

I agree with Mooch. That line-up seems about right. Langdon will definately get his chance to play a game or two in this series as will Dagenais. I do think they should wait it out first. Perreault(sp) needs to play.

MattyP626 04-21-2004 09:54 PM

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Dowd - Sundstrom
Bégin - Juneau - Ward

:handclap: :handclap:
I really like this line up but maybe switching Ward with Sunny cuz that line had pretty good chemistry before Wards injury.

HabsBaby18* 04-21-2004 10:10 PM

Zednik - Koivu - Kovalev
Bulis - Juneau- Sundstrom
Bégin - Dowd - Ward

Begin - Dowd - Ward :yo: :yo: :yo: