HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Recalled/Assigned: Cal O'Reilly and Colin Wilson to Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=729218)

AdmiralsShortShifts 01-24-2010 07:53 PM

Cal O'Reilly and Colin Wilson to Nashville

Cal O'Reilly and Colin wilson were both recalled to the Nashville Predators after Sunday night's Admirals game.

With Goc and Ward both doubtful for Tuesday, we're guessing that O'Reilly's recall will be filed as an emergency recall, and will not affect his waiver status.

Milly79 01-24-2010 08:03 PM

WILSON WILSON WILSON!!!! YES! This made my heart jump A LOT! I hope he stays at least until the ATL game. I plan on picking up the Black and Blue package. I hope I can see him in person for once!

goalscorer 01-24-2010 08:07 PM

Was just looking at the Ads thread, reading things like "the announcer said he (Wilson) wont be an Admiral for long if he keeps playing like that", go back to the preds forum and Bam he's back in a Preds uni. Lol.

Milly79 01-24-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Short_Shifts
Change of plans - Nashville called back and put the Wilson recall on hold. Cal still going up. Wilson is "50-50". Not sure what changed.
2 minutes ago from web
Nooo.

AdmiralsShortShifts 01-24-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milly79 (Post 23397804)
Nooo.

Yeah - that's twice this season that the Preds have burned us with indecision.

thejlb* 01-25-2010 12:43 AM

I asked in another thread about O'Reily and Codeyh said he'd have to clear waivers unless its an emergency call up. Anybody if thats the case.

Figured this conversation would be better suited here.

jstreet 01-25-2010 12:44 AM

that is wierd

Seth Lake 01-25-2010 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejlb (Post 23399748)
I asked in another thread about O'Reily and Codeyh said he'd have to clear waivers unless its an emergency call up. Anybody if thats the case.

Figured this conversation would be better suited here.

Yes, that is true. Cal is at nine games played since he last cleared waivers. If he plays in a tenth game or spends 30 days at the NHL level, he will then be subjected to waivers again. Emergency recalls do not count against either threshhold. Therefore, it is likely that Cal was recalled under emergency conditions to maintain his waiver exemption...

sparkle twin 01-25-2010 01:36 AM

I hope Wilson gets to come back this weekend!

However, my Wilson t-shirt is like 1-3 so far. :(

Colt.45Orr 01-25-2010 01:45 AM

I think it makes more sense to leave Wilson in the AHL this season until he learns to dominate down there (ala Getzlaf and Perry). He's just getting his confidence up, why put him in a position where he won't be playing as much (PP etc)?

codeyh 01-25-2010 09:58 AM

well how about that.. bring up O'Reilly and he's called up again.

I agree with Colt to an extent, you want to really build confidence, and we could use a hot stick for the playoff run.. but not if the kid's going to get 6-8 min. of ice time.

Byrddog 01-25-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeyh (Post 23402347)
well how about that.. bring up O'Reilly and he's called up again.

I agree with Colt to an extent, you want to really build confidence, and we could use a hot stick for the playoff run.. but not if the kid's going to get 6-8 min. of ice time.

And thats what will happen on the 4th line with Cal, Wilson will play 3rd line more ice time but nothing to boost confidence other than the call-up

volzok 01-26-2010 07:46 AM

I like that Trotz is at least going to start O'Reilly with Jones and Dumont. I know that isn't a big scoring line but at least he won't be with Belak.

What's the deal with Wilson? They still need to call someone up, don't they?

Seth Lake 01-26-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volzok (Post 23421852)
What's the deal with Wilson? They still need to call someone up, don't they?

Nope, we're currently at 12 healthy forwards. If Belak (who left practice yesterday after taking a puck to the foot) is unable to play, then they would have to recall an additional forward, but as of now no such recall has been made and Belak is expected to play...

volzok 01-26-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLake (Post 23423070)
...but as of now no such recall has been made and Belak is expected to play...

Well that stinks. He seems even more useless against CBJ.

jstreet 01-26-2010 12:50 PM

oh great, Wade The Flash Belak hurt his foot and is still gonna play

belle 01-26-2010 06:59 PM

If he can get his skates on, Wade will be ready. This is his 12th staight game without being a scratch. With all this playing time, he is in hog heaven.

OpenWheel 01-26-2010 10:35 PM

Milwaukee is losing 3-1 tonight and Wilson is -1 but he banged home their lone goal.

Wilson would outplay our old vets. They've hit a wall.

jstreet 01-27-2010 12:06 AM

his career is very young, but Cal still worries me.

He had arguably the worst game of his professional career tonight in Columbus. When he wasnt completely invisible he was being a turnover machine.

He keeps getting chances to shine here and there but cant seem to make much of them.

thoughts?

goalscorer 01-27-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 23440534)

He had arguably the worst game of his professional career tonight in Columbus. When he wasnt completely invisible he was being a turnover machine.

He keeps getting chances to shine here and there but cant seem to make much of them.

thoughts?

Use his AHL allstar status as trade bait for a top six winger? :sarcasm:

jstreet 01-27-2010 11:36 AM

that is what I am thinking, use him as a throw in on a Hamhuis deal.

Im getting shades of Darren Haydar here.

Mules 01-27-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstreet (Post 23440534)

thoughts?

Do you guys want to trade with the Avs? We could make use of another scorer, and he is Ryan's older brother. Maybe it can serve as more motivations?

BigFatCat999 01-27-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mules (Post 23445938)
Do you guys want to trade with the Avs? We could make use of another scorer, and he is Ryan's older brother. Maybe it can serve as more motivations?

I'd be open to it. Would Colorado? Could Svatos and a pick be an option?

utmfisher19 01-27-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 23446549)
I'd be open to it. Would Colorado? Could Svatos and a pick be an option?

I think it is a possibility. Not necessarily Svatos, but the Colorado part. At least get something for him instead of exposing him to waivers.

Fortheloveofthegame 01-27-2010 09:25 PM

I think O'Reilly is on a two-way this year, and a one way next year. This may scare teams away a bit? Unless he can prove in the last half of the season that he is capable of consistent play at the NHL level, it could be a deterent.