HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Petr Prucha (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=72972)

RANGERDIEHARD 04-21-2004 11:29 PM

Petr Prucha
 
Interesting information on this prospect found on the International forum


http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=70355

charliemurphy 04-21-2004 11:47 PM

Thanks.
I've been trying to get as much info on Prucha as I can. He's defintely under the radar.
I think the Rangers have a really good RW sniper on their hands. I would like to see Prucha and Immonen invited to camp to get some looks.

TUQ 04-23-2004 06:12 AM

I just wanted to tell Rangers fans...as I am one of them :handclap: , that Petr Prucha made it to Czech WC team. In last friendly before WC against team Canada (8-5 for Czechs), he played on first line with Straka and Jagr and he did quite well, he did score a goal and had one assist I think. On WC I donīt expect him playing with Jagr, because of arrival of Martin Havlat from Ottawa. Prucha is expected to play with Dopita possibly on third line. But I my be mistaken ;)

kickice 04-23-2004 07:06 AM

excellent! Great news he made the team :)

Hopefully he is getting on well with Jagr, maybe they can be line mates in New York sooner rather than later :D

dumpsathernow* 04-24-2004 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickice
excellent! Great news he made the team :)

Hopefully he is getting on well with Jagr, maybe they can be line mates in New York sooner rather than later :D

that would be awesoome but we have balej as one right wing, maybe prucha our second, left wings are ortmeyer, murray and jagr and hopefully barnaby, right wings as of now are jagr , balej and..... maybe prucha would be nice or even ladd or scrhmp if we get them , i dont even know are they left or right wings, for center we should go for rolston and conroy and have holik as our 3 get rid of lundmark and get juris stals up, if not try to sign umberger which i doubt will happen. just some ideas, we dont have much scoring on the left wing ulsess we sign rucinsky back.
these are just my ideas what would be nice its fictional lines somewhat.

center- LW - RW

rolston- rucinsky -jagr
conroy- balej - ortmeyer ( who i think will have a 15-20 goal season )
holik -murray-prucha ( holik plays good with young guys 0
stals / and lundmark (if stals dont make it) -simon -barnaby ( let barny and simon back together they had chemistry and played really well together)

plus mixing and matching can be done obviousley to find offense if needed.. plus who knows how we do in the draft plus all these prospects so u never know what the lineup could look like..

on defence

tytin - kaspar
pock - rachunek
klemm / matvichuk - lampman ------think lampman can learn alot with either of those 2 vets.. we do need some toughness on d though matvichuk and kaspar even try sean hill could bring toughness. plenty on offense murray ,if signed barny and simon.have to be able to handle philly and toronto. i know i got off the subject of prucha . sorry

007 04-24-2004 04:09 PM

Who is projected to be better, Balej or Prucha? Balej is bigger, but Prucha lights it up in the Czech league.

gkrangers 04-24-2004 05:09 PM

Balej is more high profile.

Nobody knows who Prucha is.

Brooklyn Ranger 04-24-2004 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
Who is projected to be better, Balej or Prucha? Balej is bigger, but Prucha lights it up in the Czech league.

Right now, Balej is the hands down winner. He's much further along and is pretty much NHL ready. Prucha hasn't even played one game in North America yet. Balej is ready to help the Rangers right now.

EvilCorporateLawyer 04-25-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Right now, Balej is the hands down winner. He's much further along and is pretty much NHL ready. Prucha hasn't even played one game in North America yet. Balej is ready to help the Rangers right now.

I totally disagree but hey...

Brooklyn Ranger 04-25-2004 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
I totally disagree but hey...

Why?

RANGERDIEHARD 04-26-2004 10:43 PM

2 goals for Prucha today at the Worlds. He's playing on the PP with Jagr, not too bad eh.

nyr5186 04-26-2004 10:54 PM

Wow, the more I hear about this kid, the more excited I get. Looks like Rockstrom might've picked out another diamond in the rough. Cant wait to see him in training camp. I'd give him a shot on Jagr's line and see what he can do.

EvilCorporateLawyer 04-26-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Why?

I don't see how he hands down is the winner at all. I see Prucha with so much potential... :/

nyr5186 04-26-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reveille
I don't see how he hands down is the winner at all. I see Prucha with so much potential... :/

You probably know more than me since I've never seen the kid play, but the feeling I get is that Prucha definately has NHL talent (if not equal to, at least in the vicinity of that of Balej's). However, the knock on him always has been and always will be his size. You have to take that into consideration when comparing him to Balej, which is what puts Josef over the top. Until Prucha proves that his size wont be a liability in the NHL, he'll always be a question mark. But I'll say one thing. If Prucha can use his quickness and lack of size as an advantage to avoid hits similar to the way Martin St. Louis has, he could be one hell of a player, and a fan favorite as well.

TUQ 04-27-2004 04:19 AM

Prucha scored one goal playing with Jagr on PP but second goal playing with his regular linemates on 4th line (Dopita(that former Edmonton and Pihiladelphia+Kraft(that one of Pittsburgh) ). One cannot say he is extremely quick and he isnīt big as well. But he has got strenght and doesnīt fear going in front of crease. He is Cajanek type player but i think he could be even better.

EvilCorporateLawyer 04-27-2004 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
You probably know more than me since I've never seen the kid play, but the feeling I get is that Prucha definately has NHL talent (if not equal to, at least in the vicinity of that of Balej's). However, the knock on him always has been and always will be his size. You have to take that into consideration when comparing him to Balej, which is what puts Josef over the top. Until Prucha proves that his size wont be a liability in the NHL, he'll always be a question mark. But I'll say one thing. If Prucha can use his quickness and lack of size as an advantage to avoid hits similar to the way Martin St. Louis has, he could be one hell of a player, and a fan favorite as well.

The whole thing with Prucha is he's very strong on his feet and won't shy away from someone charging at him. He won't like really go out of his way to hit people, but he doesn't avoid phyisical play even at his size. Which is a major plus.

Balej is a nice player. I never even expected him to make it this far when he was with Montreal's organization. He's come a long way since his draft year, but I still didn't think he'd ever be considered a top prospect in the league.

Hey. All I care is we have two important pieces in our rebuilding puzzle now. And thats a nice thing.

EvilCorporateLawyer 04-27-2004 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUQ
Prucha scored one goal playing with Jagr on PP but second goal playing with his regular linemates on 4th line (Dopita(that former Edmonton and Pihiladelphia+Kraft(that one of Pittsburgh) ). One cannot say he is extremely quick and he isnīt big as well. But he has got strenght and doesnīt fear going in front of crease. He is Cajanek type player but i think he could be even better.

If you ask me, he's very quick. He's a shifty little skater with some nice moves.

He's like a waterbug.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.