HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #19 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=729768)

Beacon 01-26-2010 12:23 AM

Rangers Prospect Poll: #19

On the strength of his skill and despite his present lack of willingness to come to North America, David Kveton made our top 20 in spot #18.

The vote for the prospect to be added to the poll was also very close:
(Based on the HF guidelines of who's a prospect: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect)

Doyle: 7
Stajcer: 2
Pashnin: 1

Don't forget to vote who should be added this round and mention why you are voting for the guy you are voting for.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. D Michael Del Zotto
2. C Artem Anisimov
3. LW Evgeny Grachev
4. C Derek Stepan
5. D Bobby Sanguinetti
6. D Ryan McDonagh
7. LW Chris Kreider
8. D Matt Gilroy
9. C Ethan Werek
10. G Chad Johnson

SECOND TIER

11. D Ilkka Heikkinen
12. D Michael Sauer
13. LW Carl Hagelin
14. RW Dale Weise
15. LW Ryan Bourque
16. LW Dane Byers
17. D Tomas Kundratek
18. RW David Kveton

DAVID KVETON

Right Wing
Born Jan 3 1988 -- Novy Jincin, Czech Rep.
Height 5.11 -- Weight 180 -- Shoots L

2006-07 Gatineau Olympiques QMJHL 31 5 27 32 17
2007-08 Trinec Ocelari HC Czech 28 10 5 15 10
2008-09 Trinec Ocelari HC Czech 46 22 22 44 20
2009-10 Trinec Ocelari HC Czech 44 16 16 32 55

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...pL50c/610x.jpg

Beacon 01-26-2010 12:31 AM

Horak based on his talent.

Add Nigel Williams. The guy was Colorado's 3rd rated prospect just a year ago. He's huge at 6-foot-4 230 pounds, plays tough and has decent offensive skill. He has all the tools in the set, but has not put them together.

He's still only 21 years old. He may be stuck behind Pasta, Beer and Sauer in Hartford, but the kid has a lot of tools and may well become an excellent defenseman in the future.

NYR Viper 01-26-2010 12:32 AM

I went Gaulton. Injuries aside, if this kid gets back on track he can be a very good defenseman.

we want cup 01-26-2010 12:33 AM

Tank. Add Pashnin.

Beacon 01-26-2010 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 23419170)
I went Gaulton. Injuries aside, if this kid gets back on track he can be a very good defenseman.

I kind of hope Gaulton falls to 21 or below because the kid is the definition of a projects and 21-30 will be named "Projects & Suspects".

Plus, Valentenko and Horak are just better prospects.

Radek27 01-26-2010 04:26 AM

I will take Volentenko again.

NYRSchrute217 01-26-2010 06:43 AM

Tank. Add Pashnin, followed by Williams

nyr2k2 01-26-2010 09:26 AM

Valentenko, add Scott Stajcer.

Fitzy 01-26-2010 10:21 AM

Horak, add Pashnin

I am more likely to vote guys drafted more recently in the late rounds because, the younger they are, the more likely an unanticipated breakout season may occur, unlike guys like Dupont or Williams.

nyr2k2 01-26-2010 10:26 AM

Yeah, Williams sucks. A couple more guys I'd add before him.

hlundqvist30* 01-26-2010 10:59 AM

I'm not getting how Valentenko is falling this far. He's been deemed close to NHL ready, while Horak is having a good but hardly outstanding first season in the WHL.

Add Stajcer

nyr2k2 01-26-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 23423365)
I'm not getting how Valentenko is falling this far. He's been deemed close to NHL ready, while Horak is having a good but hardly outstanding first season in the WHL.

Add Stajcer

He's not one of our draft picks, and few people have seen him. Seems like people award points to some of these guys for being picked by the Rangers. Valentenko definitely needs to go this round.

nyr2k2 01-26-2010 11:13 AM

Also, guys still left to be added:

Miika Wiikman
Tomas Zaborsky
Nigel Williams
Ryan Hillier
Scott Stajcer
Dan Hobbs
Eric Hunter
David Skokan
Roman Psurny
Max Campbell
Chris Chappell
Tysen Dowzak
Zdenek Bahensky
Greg Beller
Paul Crowder
Devin DiDiomete
Sam Klassen
Jordan Owens
Mikhail Pashnin
Justin Soryal
Lukas Zeliska

DontStepanMe 01-26-2010 11:14 AM

Horak add Stacjer

hlundqvist30* 01-26-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 23423500)
He's not one of our draft picks, and few people have seen him. Seems like people award points to some of these guys for being picked by the Rangers. Valentenko definitely needs to go this round.

With all due respect to our fanbase, it seems to me like a lot of people vote without an educated opinion. For instance, how does Klassen get multiple votes to be added 5 or 6 rounds ago and yet now with much weaker competition he's not getting any? How does that, in any way, make sense? What changed between two days ago and today that makes multiple people change their mind?

At least be consistent in your opinions.

nyr2k2 01-26-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 (Post 23423716)
With all due respect to our fanbase, it seems to me like a lot of people vote without an educated opinion. For instance, how does Klassen get multiple votes to be added 5 or 6 rounds ago and yet now with much weaker competition he's not getting any? How does that, in any way, make sense? What changed between two days ago and today that makes multiple people change their mind?

At least be consistent in your opinions.

As we go into deeper rounds, consistency does take a hit. People are--by and large--less familiar with the prospects during these stages. I agree, it's odd though. At least look at who you asked to be added the previous round if you're not sure! :laugh:

hlundqvist30* 01-26-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 23423764)
As we go into deeper rounds, consistency does take a hit. People are--by and large--less familiar with the prospects during these stages. I agree, it's odd though. At least look at who you asked to be added the previous round if you're not sure! :laugh:

I feel like a poster like Jonathan could come in here and call Greg Beller the next Adam Graves and the next 5 posters would follow him and request to add him. I know people want to be involved, but if you don't know enough about the remaining pool then just don't vote at all!

NYR Viper 01-26-2010 01:40 PM

How many people have actually seen Valentenko play though? I have read and heard good things but at least the other players I have been able to catch play here and there.

nyr2k2 01-26-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 23426025)
How many people have actually seen Valentenko play though? I have read and heard good things but at least the other players I have been able to catch play here and there.

I saw him once, LOL. I remember an AHL game a few years back, thinking, "Who is that big ****ing Russian that keeps running into everyone?" So yeah, this late in the game, many of the kids I/we haven't seen much of.

Beacon 01-26-2010 02:29 PM

Thanks for adding the list. It helps make sure we don't forget someone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyr2k2 (Post 23423552)
Also, guys still left to be added:

Miika Wiikman
Tomas Zaborsky
Nigel Williams
Ryan Hillier
Scott Stajcer
Dan Hobbs
Eric Hunter
David Skokan
Roman Psurny
Max Campbell
Chris Chappell
Tysen Dowzak
Zdenek Bahensky
Greg Beller
Paul Crowder
Devin DiDiomete
Sam Klassen
Jordan Owens
Mikhail Pashnin
Justin Soryal
Lukas Zeliska

Beacon 01-26-2010 02:32 PM

I think Val took a hit for the same reason as Kveton: we aren't sure they will return to the US. If I were Vally, I'd stick in Russia for the next year or two until the Rangers clear up their jam on defense. He'll come to the US for what now? To play on the second pairing with Sauer in Hart? And even for that spot, he'd need to compete with Potter and the possibly-improved Williams? So it's possible that he'd be Hart's #6 and would at most be a #3-4?

Why would he want that when he can be a star in his home country?

Vally should stay in Russia until at least two spots open up, probably until 3 defensemen are gone (e.g., trade Rosie, lose Heineken, Sauer busts). Even then he'd have to fight with Sangs for a #6 spot in New York.

The reality is that he'll be in Russia until Redden is gone, which will be for a while.

hlundqvist30* 01-26-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 (Post 23426980)
I think Val took a hit for the same reason as Kveton: we aren't sure they will return to the US. If I were Vally, I'd stick in Russia for the next year or two until the Rangers clear up their jam on defense. He'll come to the US for what now? To play on the second pairing with Sauer in Hart? And even for that spot, he'd need to compete with Potter and the possibly-improved Williams? So it's possible that he'd be Hart's #6 and would at most be a #3-4?

Why would he want that when he can be a star in his home country?

Vally should stay in Russia until at least two spots open up, probably until 3 defensemen are gone (e.g., trade Rosie, lose Heineken, Sauer busts). Even then he'd have to fight with Sangs for a #6 spot in New York.

The reality is that he'll be in Russia until Redden is gone, which will be for a while.

At the same time, though, he has little trade value in Russia because of the uncertainty of him coming over. If he were to come to North America then he'd get his shot, whether it be with the Rangers or another team.

Garfinkel1 01-26-2010 05:18 PM

What teams would you trade our top 20 prospects to in a swap for their top 20?

My way of asking which teams have even stronger farms than we do?

Nich 01-26-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 (Post 23430089)
What teams would you trade our top 20 prospects to in a swap for their top 20?

My way of asking which teams have even stronger farms than we do?

Valtenko
Horak
Then gaulton

Add stacjer

N9Y4R 01-26-2010 06:41 PM

Voted Horak

He and Tank will make up the last of the 20.