HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   VAN/NYR trade proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=729778)

OleOleOleOleBureBure 01-25-2010 11:44 PM

VAN/NYR trade proposal

rozi for o'brien and demitra.

NYR would take back about 500k extra in salary. rozi is 5m cap hit (but only 7M salary over next 2 years. demitra is 4m and is UFA at end of the year. o'brien is 1.6 and a RFA. christenesen could be thrown in here to even out salary.

this would rid us of rozi salary
give us toughness on D
demitra is injury prone but will do well with his buddy gabi

van is looking for D as many of their guys are hurt.

Inferno 01-25-2010 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OleOleOleOleBureBure (Post 23419386)
rozi for o'brien and demitra.

NYR would take back about 500k extra in salary. rozi is 5m cap hit (but only 7M salary over next 2 years. demitra is 4m and is UFA at end of the year. o'brien is 1.6 and a RFA. christenesen could be thrown in here to even out salary.

this would rid us of rozi salary
give us toughness on D
demitra is injury prone but will do well with his buddy gabi

van is looking for D as many of their guys are hurt.

both contracts expiring after this year?

Done.

NYR Viper 01-25-2010 11:50 PM

No thanks. I think the Rangers could do better than that for Rozsival.

Inferno 01-25-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 23419478)
No thanks. I think the Rangers could do better than that for Rozsival.

eh....its possible.

NYR Viper 01-25-2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno272 (Post 23419505)
eh....its possible.

Honestly I think they could return a 2nd rounder for him in the offseason. The guy is going to make some team who needs to get to the cap floor very happy and he can play a lot of minutes. I think he will play better outside of NYC.

TheHotRock 01-26-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 (Post 23419535)
Honestly I think they could return a 2nd rounder for him in the offseason. The guy is going to make some team who needs to get to the cap floor very happy and he can play a lot of minutes. I think he will play better outside of NYC.

he's been pretty ****ing good as is. top 5 performer on our team.

clmetsfan 01-26-2010 12:50 AM

We probably could get something more than that for Roszival due to the fact that his cap hit is much lower on another team ($3.5 down from $5). That being said, if that's the best that Sather can do then I'm all for it.

Hockey2000nyr 01-26-2010 12:55 AM

if i think correctly, just because he gets traded it doesnt change his cap hit. the contract he originally signed stays with him, and so does the cap hit. so his cap hit will remain at 5 million for the life of the contract regardless how much is left on it. he will make 4 million and then 3 million in actual salary but his cap hit remains at 5 million bc the contract he signed was a 20 mil for 4 years.

The Lunatic Fridge 01-26-2010 01:11 AM

Make it happen! Slats! Jesus!

Beacon 01-26-2010 01:47 AM

I've written this before, but I'll repeat it. A team that isn't up against the cap is going to care more about his $7 over 2 years than his $5 annual hit.

They won't be able to sign a defenseman like him for $3.5 per for just 2 years. A second round pick seems like fair value. Maybe Rosie and Chris Doyle for a 2nd rounder.

Radek27 01-26-2010 03:27 AM

I don't see how this makes the Rangers better.

Pass

The Lunatic Fridge 01-26-2010 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 23421444)
I don't see how this makes the Rangers better.

Pass

By unloading rozy and if demeitra fails here with gaborik his contract is up in a year?

Radek27 01-26-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOWRanger (Post 23421524)
By unloading rozy and if demeitra fails here with gaborik his contract is up in a year?

Sorry i'm not one of those unload Rozy guys. To me he is one of the few who comes close to actually earning his dough so I would prefer to keep him. Add in the total lack of veterans on the blueline makes me want to keep him more. In the end I don't think moving out one of your best performing guys who is signed next year for a guy who is Gaboriks friend who isn't is a good idea.

I'm down with the idea of cutting cap space but if it makes sense to do so. How many threads do we have bashing this team for the amount of turnover we have seen since the lockout? This is the thinking that gets us there. Rozsival as a long time veteran Ranger should stay.

NYRSchrute217 01-26-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheHotRock (Post 23420001)
he's been pretty ****ing good as is. top 5 performer on our team.

Am I missing something here? :help:

UAGoalieGuy 01-26-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clmetsfan (Post 23420282)
We probably could get something more than that for Roszival due to the fact that his cap hit is much lower on another team ($3.5 down from $5). That being said, if that's the best that Sather can do then I'm all for it.

His cap hit does not change if he get's dealt to another team. It still stays at $5.0 million for the last two years of his deal, but the actual money paid to him is $7.0 million over those last two years, total.

Fitzy 01-26-2010 07:10 AM

It depends entirely on what this team plans to do. If we're going to pursue Kovalchuk strongly, then yeah, this would be fine, because O'Brien is a guy who can step in on the third pairing and save us a bundle.

If we're not going to pursue any big-name free agent (unlikely knowing Sather) then hang onto Rozsival or try to get a better return.

arunnair87 01-26-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radek27 (Post 23421628)
Sorry i'm not one of those unload Rozy guys. To me he is one of the few who comes close to actually earning his dough so I would prefer to keep him. Add in the total lack of veterans on the blueline makes me want to keep him more. In the end I don't think moving out one of your best performing guys who is signed next year for a guy who is Gaboriks friend who isn't is a good idea.

I'm down with the idea of cutting cap space but if it makes sense to do so. How many threads do we have bashing this team for the amount of turnover we have seen since the lockout? This is the thinking that gets us there. Rozsival as a long time veteran Ranger should stay.

Rozsival is a terrible ice hockey player. If we could get a trade for an 8th round pick, I would do it.

Bleed Ranger Blue 01-26-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunnair87 (Post 23422285)
Rozsival is a terrible ice hockey player. If we could get a trade for an 8th round pick, I would do it.

No, Wade Redden is a terrible hockey player.

Roszival is what we call a scapegoat.

clmetsfan 01-26-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy (Post 23421922)
His cap hit does not change if he get's dealt to another team. It still stays at $5.0 million for the last two years of his deal, but the actual money paid to him is $7.0 million over those last two years, total.

Huh. I stand corrected. Balls.

ANTC 01-26-2010 09:41 AM

rozy isn't an issue I think the problem lies within two players. Redden and captain cash, bottom six forward and a 3rd pairing guy eatting over 14 million a year. Once Slats finds a way to remove these guys then you guys can go back to bashing rozy or someone else when we still suck.

Swagelin 01-26-2010 10:20 AM

Not that bad of a trade proposal.
since they're going to become free agents next year this might help us in resigning staal/ signing kovy :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Bourne Endeavor 01-26-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANTC (Post 23423148)
rozy isn't an issue I think the problem lies within two players. Redden and captain cash, bottom six forward and a 3rd pairing guy eatting over 14 million a year. Once Slats finds a way to remove these guys then you guys can go back to bashing rozy or someone else when we still suck.

Unfortunately I do not foresee someone moronic enough as Bob Gainey to remove another blight from their roster. The fact Redden is absolute trash only increases the difficulty. Drury? Maybe one of the lesser teams struggling might risk his contract for a low level pick. One can pray non? On a positive note, Gaborik has made the Rangers entertaining, excluding this result stretch and I love Lundqvist.

offdacrossbar 01-26-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 23422810)
No, Wade Redden is a terrible hockey player.

Roszival is what we call a scapegoat.

ok, so rozy is a terrible hockey player/scapegoat.

is that better mr bleed ?

ill take redden over rozy every single time with the same reasonable contract. rozy is horrible. hor-ri-ble

redden is just over paid and too soft, but he atleast still possesses nhl skills.

rozy, not so much.

chosen 01-26-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunnair87 (Post 23422285)

He is playing better than Redden, Girardi and DelZotto and equal to Gilroy. Only Staal has been better.

I understand that DelZotto will be better in a year or two.

If Rozy had a non-Sather contract, I'd have no problem with him at all.

RangerFan10 01-26-2010 02:35 PM

We can argue if Roszy is good or not til our faces turn blue, but the fact of the matter is he's overpaid and we can do better.

And at least O'Brien would add some toughness for the rest of the year, maybe to the point where we re-sign him for a Mara like deal.